• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Division (Could Terra be have been in Xemnas?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Haha Your undoubtedly wondering when I'll run out at this point I know well I can honestly say that I've made something on about all that I can think of so this may be my last one for a while. =3

Anyway let's get to it! Let's ponder about one of Xehanort's biggest mysteries; how his memories and hearts are divided between his heartless and nobody.

Now unlike the Apprentice who supposedly had amnesia (at least initially) Xehanort's Heartless (Ansem Seeker of Darkness) and Xehanort's Nobody (Xemnas) obviously remembered things.
Xemnas himself being outright stated to have both Terra and MX memories.

But is that the only thing that was divided between them? The Apprentice's heart was actually housing three, Terra the host and rightful owner of the body, Master Xehanort the invader who latched on, and Eraqus who's sought refuge as his body faded.

These three beings in one as well as the theorized fourth personality of the Apprentice born from amnesia is what makes him such a pain in the @$$ mystery in the series contributing to it's overly abundant convolution.

But lets focus on the various components of him and see if we can guess at how he was divided and in order to do that I point to the quotes below taken from various interviews.

Q9: Where did the Organization’s coat and mark come from?
A: Xemnas remembering his human years.

One year after BbS, Xehanort as well as five other apprentices toss aside their hearts. Then the Nobody Xemnas was born, and the Organization which he creates take a lot of things from his memories as a human. But as Xemnas had two people who he was, Terra and Master Xehanort, he takes from both of their memories.

The coat used by the Organization was something that Master Xehanort originally wore.

The Nobody mark used by the Organization is a similar shape to the mark Terra used.

Xemnas gives Organization members names with an X in them. This has something to do with Master Xehanort’s interest in the X-Blade.

Q11: Why is Aqua’s armor in The Chamber of Repose?
A: Because Aqua tried to save Terra.

When she tried to retrieve Terra’s heart from Terra-Xehanort, they both fell into the realm of darkness, and she gave him both her armor and keyblade which allowed him to escape. Because of this when Ansem the Wise picked up Xehanort, he still had the armor and keyblade, which Xemnas then put in The Chamber of Repose.

Aqua gives up herself in order to save Terra.

Xemnas creates The Chamber of Repose, and puts Aqua’s armor there which he calls “friend”.

-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one.

It's very obvious that Xemnas, being Xehanort's nobody born through Terra's body+soul, is influenced by Terra and is confirmed to have some, most or all his memories.

Ansem however isn't as clear. Nomura doesn't clarify with him, he proposes one reason but doesn't deny or disclaim the other.
It would make sense either way since Master Xehanort was born and lived on the same islands and as pointed out by Young Xehanort in DDD Ansem was there that day for several reasons other than just claiming another world heart. (seen here: click)

Your likely wondering why that matters well it matters because it shows that Ansem had a multitude of reasons to be at the destiny islands leaving whether he was there because of Terra memories up to complete question.

This is further shown in his behavior and even style of dress after he steals Riku's body. The way he flops his hands around when speaking, the clothes he wears, his speech on darkness, all of it is exact characteristics he takes directly from Master Xehanort.

Basically anything of Terra in Ansem is either not there, inherited solely by Xemnas instead, or so slight and suppressed they don't show.

But this isn't the only curious part take a look at the last line of that last quote again:

In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one

Yes that last line right there! Nomura doesn't just point out memories/power are divided but he points out the heart as well!
Things starting to click for you now in terms of direction for the thread?

As mentioned the Apprentice from which Ansem and Xemnas formed had three hearts, three sets of memories, three dormant personalities.

Xemnas is confirmed to have Terra memories while Ansem is left to question.
They are both definitely dominated by Xehanort but Ansem is the one that most closely mirrors Master Xehanort.

Get the jist of it now? Bluntly put perhaps how the three hearts, power and memory was divided was that Ansem inherited MX's heart while Terra's (although still under control from one of MX's seeds splintered off from his own heart) remained in Xemnas albeit mostly dormant or done norted to the extent he's not actually Terra anymore.

Before you cry crazy just take a look at other examples here. We know Xehanort has the power to place seeds of himself in others, that is how the entire basis of his 13 vessels work.
And in turn we have an example of a nobody being born with a dormant heart of a third party inside them. (Roxas carrying Ven's heart)

Taking these examples in mind the idea that Xemnas was carrying a dormant norted-Terra heart isn't to farfetched is it?

Granted this is all just theory to pass the time but I like to make theories on several possibilities, even if I end of with threads holding contradicting ones, and seeing what my fellow members think of said possibilities.

Either way let me hear what you think, seem possible to you?

----------------------------

On a side note I'm not exactly sure where Eraqus is left in all of this. Unlike the other two Eraqus isn't mentioned as being an influence on Ansem/Xemnas.
It would appear he's mostly if not entirely dormant.

Though not to leave him out I already have two threads on his potential whereabouts if this thread got you thinking:
http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix/192196-xehanorts-guardian.html
http://forums.khinsider.com/birth-sleep/192115-where-eraqus.html

Last edited:

BlackSeven

Awards
Re: The Division

Pretty interesting theory, it will be interesting to see how Terras memories or part that is in Xemmas might effect the story. Perhaps he might make a come back in KH3 and refuse to be one of the 13 vessels.

Prince Enigma

I really like that idea of Terra's memories affecting Xemnas, and to be honest it would be refreshing to see Xemnas have some sort of internal struggle or something that holds him back from his supposedly 'evil' and oh so long monologues about the heart that no one really pays attention to (at least till after the first five minutes are up) and that one of the 13 question the motives of Xehanort and show reluctance to carry out his plan. I don't see that coming from Ansem, but Xemnas could really use some work especially considering he has so much potential to become more interesting considering he has Terra's memories. Like the scene where he visits the Chamber of Repose, that could have been expanded upon IMO. This scene is also why in KH3 it would be great to see Xemnas refuse to fight against either Ven or Aqua, because of Terra's memories or the strength Terra has seeing his friends back will help him to take back control and stop Xemnas from harming his friends.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I really like that idea of Terra's memories affecting Xemnas, and to be honest it would be refreshing to see Xemnas have some sort of internal struggle or something that holds him back from his supposedly 'evil' and oh so long monologues about the heart that no one really pays attention to (at least till after the first five minutes are up) and that one of the 13 question the motives of Xehanort and show reluctance to carry out his plan. I don't see that coming from Ansem, but Xemnas could really use some work especially considering he has so much potential to become more interesting considering he has Terra's memories. Like the scene where he visits the Chamber of Repose, that could have been expanded upon IMO. This scene is also why in KH3 it would be great to see Xemnas refuse to fight against either Ven or Aqua, because of Terra's memories or the strength Terra has seeing his friends back will help him to take back control and stop Xemnas from harming his friends.
How about both? Xemnas refuses to fight them but their insistence on calling him Terra puts Xemnas in a rage and starts attacking them and Terra stops him.
Man, when I think about it, out of everything that could happen in KHIII; how Xemnas will react to seeing Aqua and Ven and how he acts towards them is all I care about. Well, I mean I do care about what else could happen, but Xemnas is the only one who I want to see done a curtain way. At least in a way where he gets emotional and yells "MY NAME IS NOT TERRA!" and "I'VE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!"
KHIII is a game where I want us to cry immensely and I think we can fill the most buckets with Xemnas.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I replied to this the other day but for some reason my comment isn't here.. never mind.

I think that it's too late in the game to be shown any of Terra in Xemnas, given the events of DDD. Personally I really wanted there to be something more and there probably was in Nomura's mind before he released it, but since they removed very significant lines from the original in the 358/2 days cinematic such as "So sleep has taken you yet again" (delivered from Xemnas to an unconscious Roxas in reference to Ventus), I really am starting to feel that Terra's involvement in Xemnas other than being the physical body is not going to be explored. KHIII has a LOT to cover, it was the same when someone brought up giving Vanitas more of his novel counterparts personality but I think it is actually too late in the game now. Dream Drop Distance should have had Sora learning about Aqua Ven and Terra, not subconsciously seeing parts of his and other peoples memories (in the form of dreams) at the end of the game.

I love speculating about Xemnas don't get me wrong, I think he's a really intriguing character but I feel that the series is just past that point and is focusing on other things now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's true that this late anything actually be revealed is little to none but this is something to pass time in info droughts. It's not about whether it'll eventually be revealed but what we can gather and piece together with that we have now.
Everybody more or less knows, even if they dont admit it, that what you said is true but it's such a dull and boring truth so why sit in boredom waiting ages for Nomura to say something when we can rack our brains a little?

The fact Nomura leaves everything of Xehanort so ambiguous is proof alone that he likely has no intention of explaining it at any stage neither back then, now or in the future but if we always sit with that in mind we'd hardly ever have anything to talk about on here. xD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Division (Could Terra be have been in Xemnas?)
Sounds like a title Nomura would put to a secret ending, lol; much like the Gathering. And yes: I believe Terra could have been in Xemnas, but slowly remembering, thanks to Apprentice!Xehanort stabbing himself (if Master Xehanort stabbed himself once and it locked his and Terra's memories, does this mean that another stab can unlock 'em?).

Anyway let's get to it! Let's ponder about one of Xehanort's biggest mysteries; how his memories and hearts are divided between his heartless and nobody.
As if he isn't much of a mystery already. @_@

The Nobody mark used by the Organization is a similar shape to the mark Terra used.
Referencing the Chasers mark probably.

Xemnas gives Organization members names with an X in them. This has something to do with Master Xehanort’s interest in the X-Blade.
Oh dear mother of God I had no idea that his obsession was so much that he did that. *rolls eyes*

Ansem however isn't as clear. Nomura doesn't clarify with him, he proposes one reason but doesn't deny or disclaim the other.
With the amount of attention Ansem is starting to get, I wouldn't doubt him ending up as the big bad. It would be funny if Ansem remembered what he did in the past as Master Xehanort, discovers his time-traveling powers, goes back in time, tells MX about his plan, he waits for it to unfold and betrays Xehanort at last minute and steals Kingdom Hearts, as in, Ansem developed an identity of his own.

Basically anything of Terra in Ansem is either not there, inherited solely by Xemnas instead, or so slight and suppressed they don't show.
Just a random thought: what if, after the Division, instead of Ansem inhetting Xehanort's heart and Xemnas' inheriting Terra's, what if, instead of dividing two entirely separate hearts, two hearts were divided and each one has a half Xehanort and a half Terra, as in, Ansem had a heart composed of two halves: Terra and Xehanort and Xemnas too. Now the difference here is WHO prodominated. In Ansem's case, Xehanort predominated and suppressed Terra. In Xemnas' case, Terra predominated, but had a hard time suppressing Xehanort.

Taking these examples in mind the idea that Xemnas was carrying a dormant norted-Terra heart isn't to farfetched is it?
Nice thesis. Here's another random thought: what if in Kingdom Hearts, instead of Terra being a Seeker of Darkness, Xemnas IS Terra and Sora and the gang have to somehow turn him back into Terra? Who can guarantee us that a dormant heart can't stay in that state for all eternity? Xemnas has Terra's heart, with Terra dormant while Xehanort's seed grows. Xehanort's memories, alongside the few Terra memories inside this mess of a heart, plus Xemnas' experiences in his time of living compose this new individual called Xemnas.

Either way let me hear what you think, seem possible to you?
Text-to-voice? x3

Gram

Banned
Awards
(if Master Xehanort stabbed himself once and it locked his and Terra's memories, does this mean that another stab can unlock 'em?).
Well anything that can be locked can be unlocked so it's certainly possible. Though for the Apprentice to have had MX's keyblade at all would mean he remembered something beforehand.

With the amount of attention Ansem is starting to get, I wouldn't doubt him ending up as the big bad. It would be funny if Ansem remembered what he did in the past as Master Xehanort, discovers his time-traveling powers, goes back in time, tells MX about his plan, he waits for it to unfold and betrays Xehanort at last minute and steals Kingdom Hearts, as in, Ansem developed an identity of his own.
I wouldn't be to surprised either. Being the heartless Ansem is Xehanort's darkness manifest, it'd be almost fitting for such an advocator of darkness to be overtaken by the physical form of his darkness.

Just a random thought: what if, after the Division, instead of Ansem inhetting Xehanort's heart and Xemnas' inheriting Terra's, what if, instead of dividing two entirely separate hearts, two hearts were divided and each one has a half Xehanort and a half Terra, as in, Ansem had a heart composed of two halves: Terra and Xehanort and Xemnas too. Now the difference here is WHO predominated. In Ansem's case, Xehanort predominated and suppressed Terra. In Xemnas' case, Terra predominated, but had a hard time suppressing Xehanort.
Oh~ That'd be interesting and it'd actually explain a lot haha. Both were versions of Xehanort regardless of Terra's presence so each being formed from one half of MX and Terra would seem very plausible.

Nice thesis. Here's another random thought: what if in Kingdom Hearts, instead of Terra being a Seeker of Darkness, Xemnas IS Terra and Sora and the gang have to somehow turn him back into Terra? Who can guarantee us that a dormant heart can't stay in that state for all eternity? Xemnas has Terra's heart, with Terra dormant while Xehanort's seed grows. Xehanort's memories, alongside the few Terra memories inside this mess of a heart, plus Xemnas' experiences in his time of living compose this new individual called Xemnas.
That is certainly possible and I've seen ideas similar but Terra actually being Xemnas in KH3 is a new one and I honestly kinda like it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well anything that can be locked can be unlocked so it's certainly possible. Though for the Apprentice to have had MX's keyblade at all would mean he remembered something beforehand.
I would like to believe that, the moment he remembered he could wield a Keyblade is the moment he chose to test that out and summon it. Since Master Xehanort's Keyblade is very powerful, one must have a VERY strong heart (the heart of a Master). Since Apprentice!Xehanort's heart(s) was/were dormant, he didn't have the strength to wield it, so instead, the wielder became the wielded (assuming Keyblades still have a mind of their own), and since he became the wielded he lost control of his mind and did what he did.

I wouldn't be to surprised either. Being the heartless Ansem is Xehanort's darkness manifest, it'd be almost fitting for such an advocator of darkness to be overtaken by the physical form of his darkness.
Ansem believes that darkness is the beginning of everything. Well, as the saying goes: the beginning of the end, what if Ansem was the starting villain (original Kingdom Hearts) and he's the end (KHIII)?

Oh~ That'd be interesting and it'd actually explain a lot haha. Both were versions of Xehanort regardless of Terra's presence so each being formed from one half of MX and Terra would seem very plausible.
It even takes on a lot from the Yin Yang:

Yin-Yang.jpg

Black is Xehanort/Ansem, while the white dot is Terra and white is Terra/Xemnas while the dot is Xehanort.

That is certainly possible and I've seen ideas similar but Terra actually being Xemnas in KH3 is a new one and I honestly kinda like it.
I can even imagine something along the lines of Sora and the gang fighting Xemnas, they knock him out cold, they put him in the Chamber of Waking alongside his armor and Riku stays to protect him alongside Aqua.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I would like to believe that, the moment he remembered he could wield a Keyblade is the moment he chose to test that out and summon it. Since Master Xehanort's Keyblade is very powerful, one must have a VERY strong heart (the heart of a Master). Since Apprentice!Xehanort's heart(s) was/were dormant, he didn't have the strength to wield it, so instead, the wielder became the wielded (assuming Keyblades still have a mind of their own), and since he became the wielded he lost control of his mind and did what he did.
Master Xehanort's keyblade is a normal realm of light keyblade like everyone elses (minus Mickey's KKD). The only exceedingly strong and unique keyblade known of so far is the X-blade (the original).

This doesn't not take away from the theory though since even normal keyblades require some degree of fortitude and such though I'd imagine the being he would've struggled against would've been Xehanort inside.

I'm not sure a keyblade would attack him by itself though. They do hold some level of sentience which we see several times with Sora such as when it abandons Riku, it's first choice, for Sora or when the keyblade appears on it's own for Sora and even Riku in DDD.
Though the keyblade is also very neutral which we see in wielders like Xehanort or the warriors of the keyblade war. It doesn't care about light, dark, good, evil or anything allegiance wise it just wants a strong wielder.

Ansem believes that darkness is the beginning of everything. Well, as the saying goes: the beginning of the end, what if Ansem was the starting villain (original Kingdom Hearts) and he's the end (KHIII)?

Saying it like that makes it sound almost possible and fitting that it should. o_0

I can even imagine something along the lines of Sora and the gang fighting Xemnas, they knock him out cold, they put him in the Chamber of Waking alongside his armor and Riku stays to protect him alongside Aqua.
How are they gonna get Terra's armor, the Lingering Will, to the chamber? =3
I'd like to see them pulling what Riku did in DDD when he saved Sora and using the power they got from those sleeping keyholes to dive into his heart, and likely others, to free them of Xehanort inside.
It'd be a waste of that getting that power in DDD not to use it. =D

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm not sure a keyblade would attack him by itself though. They do hold some level of sentience which we see several times with Sora such as when it abandons Riku, it's first choice, for Sora or when the keyblade appears on it's own for Sora and even Riku in DDD.
Also, remember in Birth by Sleep's secret ending when Terra's and Ventus' Keyblades helped Aqua finish off some Heartless. Master Xehanort's Keyblade could have chose to attack Apprentice Xehanort, but decided to posses him.

A random thought:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Saying it like that makes it sound almost possible and fitting that it should. o_0
Hahaha. I actually got that idea from a walkthrough from the original Final Fantasy. Since Garland was the first boss and the reason the Warriors of Light travel someplace, he was also the last boss.

How are they gonna get Terra's armor, the Lingering Will, to the chamber? =3
That's assuming the armor is still alive. They could either have Aqua talk to it or knock out it out.

I'd like to see them pulling what Riku did in DDD when he saved Sora and using the power they got from those sleeping keyholes to dive into his heart, and likely others, to free them of Xehanort inside.
It'd be a waste of that getting that power in DDD not to use it. =D
Hmm... That's a more plausible idea and would be an excuse to use Xehanort-Terra again alongside the Guardian.

Gram

Banned
Awards
A random thought:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
For the part about the Guardian=MX's keyblade I don't see it for two main reasons.
1) Riku points out in DDD that Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem, for whatever reasons, lost it.
2) Cause of this image taken from the Terranort battle:
468px-Final_episode_03.jpg

^It can't be Terra's or Eraqus' keyblade he's holding since Aqua has Eraqus' and as far as we know the LS has Terras.
Not that it should be ruled out but I dont think it should be ignored either that there are things leaning against it more so than for it.
The way the Guardian acted after the Ansem-Riku battle of DDD was also very odd.

It being a cloak is a stretch as well I think but it being a manifestation of darkness seems most likely or possibly a heartless separate of anyone.
I also find it odd that the Guardian only appears after Xehanort has stolen a body. Terranort used it first, Terranort is MX stealing Terra's body, and the second time it's used is by Ansem after he's taken Riku's body and assumed a human form.

No other Xehanort however makes use of it, even MX himself.

Hmm... That's a more plausible idea and would be an excuse to use Xehanort-Terra again alongside the Guardian.
It'd also be a good excuse to have inner Xehanort battles with the host as a temp party member. ತಎತ

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Just a thought: couldn't the fact that Xehanort summons the Guardian whenever he steals a body be a coincidence we're looking too much into?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Just a thought: couldn't the fact that Xehanort summons the Guardian whenever he steals a body be a coincidence we're looking too much into?

Yes but so could any other bit of evidence in a xehanort thread. lol
Since theres little things actually known looking to deep is about all anyone can do. Also how did we go from Xemnas to the guardian? o_0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back