• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Divergent Series movies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If your movie theatre offers Super tickets (movie tickets at a higher price that enable you to get an early digital copy) then buying them will help The Divergent Series: Allegiant to do well as over 90% of it will go towards the movie's gross. Even though they've said that The Divergent Series: Ascendant's movie (the grand finale of The Divergent Series movies) will still be happening with a trimmed budget, they could still change their minds about it later. If you or anyone that you know wants Ascendant to happen, then I'd suggest seeing Allegiant's movie as many times as you can, each time paying for those Super Tickets if possible.
the real tricky part is finding people who actually want to support this, lmao.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
No more teen post apocalypse movies. No more teen romance love triangle bullshit. This needs to stop once and for all

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
No more teen post apocalypse movies. No more teen romance love triangle bullshit. This needs to stop once and for all

To be fair, the series doesn't have an apocalypse or love triangle (unless you mean apocalyptian setting?). In which case, I can agree that I'm kind of bored of movies featuring that, since most do the same thing.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
To be fair, the series doesn't have an apocalypse or love triangle (unless you mean apocalyptian setting?). In which case, I can agree that I'm kind of bored of movies featuring that, since most do the same thing.

I meant an apocalyptic setting yes. I`m referring to the genre in general and not just this series. They did the exact things I listed in the recent attempt at a franchise The 5th Wave

Lonbilly

Awards
I meant an apocalyptic setting yes. I`m referring to the genre in general and not just this series. They did the exact things I listed in the recent attempt at a franchise The 5th Wave

As someone who is currently reading The 5th Wave and has yet to finish it or watch the film, I'm not that surprised (though about 60% through and there hasn't been a love triangle... yet). But I will say the intro to that book was pretty great and I lvoed the first 100 pages, but afterwards it juggles having 2 great, interesting POVs, and then two boring, predictable, cliche POVs.

I'm really worried about where this book is going, though from what I understand, the film itself was a rather unfaithful adaptation.

Patricier21

Or we could let it shrivel up and rot so that way Hollywood can stop diddlying up book to movie adaptations/adaptations in general.

the real tricky part is finding people who actually want to support this, lmao.

It may not mean much to most, but to some this franchise could mean a lot, and perhaps be their only source of inspiration and escape in this world, with nothing else that can give them the same kind of effect or meaning, regardless of how popular or successful it is defined by the majority. I may not actually be here right now if it were not for this franchise and what it did for me and my life. Just think about how you would feel if something that had so much meaning to you was in a similar predicament. They are so close to the finish line with only 1/2 a movie left to go.
I'm not demanding that you help those of us who do care about these movies, I only want you and anyone else reading this to consider what I have to say, and how much it means to some people.

Lonbilly

Awards
I'm just gonna reiterate the "Or we could let it shrivel up and rot so that way Hollywood can stop diddlying up book to movie adaptations/adaptations in general."

I'm not gonna support something that diddly'd up a book series I actually liked, nor will I try to understand people who support this. Especially since they should have made Allegiant into one movie and cut out the bad parts of the book instead of extending it and making it even more vastly different, and not even in a good/understandable way.

I will not argue with you that Divergent was a pretty dope ass film since I loved it, and seeing Tris accurately adapted in that film (and only that film) was a dream come true.

shady543

Awards
Eh I don't know. I personally never liked the Divergent series itself because of how predictable it was. The first book was still quite engaging despite that and I did think that Tris and Christina were good characters, but the sequels were horrid to the point that I kept spacing out while reading and hence had no idea what was going on.

I do like how the series didn't have a love triangle. That was great. But it still had a forced romance plot, which obviously lead to shitty teen drama. >__>

I agree so much here. I'm sick of the forced romance plot. A lot of the time it's not even a good romance and more just a teen female fantasy. It's not that I don't like romance (I mean my own novel that I'm writing has it and I'm a shipping weeb), but YA fiction just doesn't do it right and it always feels forced. I also sick of all these 6ft tall bad boys that are constantly in fiction, and the male characters who don't follow this trope and aren't in The Hunger Games get treated badly (like seriously woman complain about female characters in video games not getting treated well. just look at the way male characters get treated in YA books). And this is coming from a straight girl.

Last edited:

Patricier21

I'm just gonna reiterate the "Or we could let it shrivel up and rot so that way Hollywood can stop diddlying up book to movie adaptations/adaptations in general."

I'm not gonna support something that diddly'd up a book series I actually liked, nor will I try to understand people who support this. Especially since they should have made Allegiant into one movie and cut out the bad parts of the book instead of extending it and making it even more vastly different, and not even in a good/understandable way.

I will not argue with you that Divergent was a pretty dope ass film since I loved it, and seeing Tris accurately adapted in that film (and only that film) was a dream come true.

First of all, please do not use any "language" here, as it will only curse you and not enable you to be taken seriously, regardless of what your claims are. Secondly, regardless of how different they are, a movie will never change the book that you love so much. The book will still be the exact same and is only different because you choose to be affected by the movie and let the movie make it different to you.

Lonbilly

Awards
First of all, please do not use any "language" here, as it will only curse you and not enable you to be taken seriously, regardless of what your claims are. Secondly, regardless of how different they are, a movie will never change the book that you love so much. The book will still be the exact same and is only different because you choose to be affected by the movie and let the movie make it different to you.

Lol what? Because I called Divergent a dope ass film? Because that was a compliment to that film.

Also, I didn't say that the films changed the book series for me at all. I said it diddlyed it up on screen. Insurgent cut out all your important side characters, only added Uriah in because they diddlyed that up in the first film, and also it tried to gloss over how awful Marcus is and overall just ruined the novel's story from odd casting to clearly making it a Four feat. Tris film instead of the actual Tris film it should have been, etc.

These films are not good adaptations of the books, and not even good on their own. You don't have to stick 100% to the source material, and hell, if you're gonna do it different, then all the power to you if your gonna keep the essence of the characters/story and have a consistent world. One of my biggest issues with Shadowhunters isn't how much they changed, but how inconsistent it all is. Same goes here as well.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
captain-america-language-the-avengers-age-of-ultron_marvel.gif

A horrible theatrical adaption might not ruin the source material, but it's still a disgrace to the franchise and a slap in the face to the fans of the book. The Last Airbender movie didn't ruin the show it was based on, but everyone hates it because it squandered its inherent potential, made characters OOC fools of themselves, and otherwise failed to re-create anything that drew fans to the original series in the first place.

Supporting the film, for many of us, is basically condoning the butchery of the source material to create a sub-par adaptation that relies on the popularity of a book to make any sort of profit. I'll use my time, money, and effort to support a movie if it's good, and not simply based on a novel that I like.

Patricier21

captain-america-language-the-avengers-age-of-ultron_marvel.gif

A horrible theatrical adaption might not ruin the source material, but it's still a disgrace to the franchise and a slap in the face to the fans of the book. The Last Airbender movie didn't ruin the show it was based on, but everyone hates it because it squandered its inherent potential, made characters OOC fools of themselves, and otherwise failed to re-create anything that drew fans to the original series in the first place.

Supporting the film, for many of us, is basically condoning the butchery of the source material to create a sub-par adaptation that relies on the popularity of a book to make any sort of profit. I'll use my time, money, and effort to support a movie if it's good, and not simply based on a novel that I like.

If you do not support it you could miss out on a potentially good movie that could do justice to the source material and even improve on it. They do have a new director lined up for Ascendant after all, and a budget that is likely around the same or a bit more than Divergent's, so they will not necessarily repeat the issues that people had with Insurgent and Allegiant.

Patricier21

Lol what? Because I called Divergent a dope ass film? Because that was a compliment to that film.

Also, I didn't say that the films changed the book series for me at all. I said it diddlyed it up on screen. Insurgent cut out all your important side characters, only added Uriah in because they diddlyed that up in the first film, and also it tried to gloss over how awful Marcus is and overall just ruined the novel's story from odd casting to clearly making it a Four feat. Tris film instead of the actual Tris film it should have been, etc.

These films are not good adaptations of the books, and not even good on their own. You don't have to stick 100% to the source material, and hell, if you're gonna do it different, then all the power to you if your gonna keep the essence of the characters/story and have a consistent world. One of my biggest issues with Shadowhunters isn't how much they changed, but how inconsistent it all is. Same goes here as well.

Yes you should not use any "language" at all for it only ruins the point yo are trying to make, i this case praise for the film.

Insurgent's movie was very Tris centred. She was in pretty much every scene and the whole focus of the scenes were on her and her actions. Plus of course we got to dive deep into how she was feeling about her situation with her dreams and simulations. Four was hardly focused on in the movie at all, got probably the least amount of focus and least amount of screen time out of the movies so far

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yes you should not use any "language" at all for it only ruins the point yo are trying to make, i this case praise for the film.
hqdefault.jpg

You... do realize that strong language is frequently used to get points across? Not just in everyday speech or on the internet, but in news articles, historical speeches, and professional writings?

Patricier21

hqdefault.jpg

You... do realize that strong language is frequently used to get points across? Not just in everyday speech or on the internet, but in news articles, historical speeches, and professional writings?

That does not mean it should still be used. Like I said if nothing else it will "curse" you and make you feel bad, even if a while later. Those words are taboo for a reason, and not because they sound bad or r disrespectful.

Lonbilly

Awards
Lol okay sweetie, siéntate por favor and let Uncle Lonbilly teach you a lil thing about language. Words are only as powerful as you let them be, which is why I throw ass and Bad Bitch and diddly around so much because it's dumb to treat any language as "taboo" when the whole diddlying point of literature and the written word is being fully expressive and not being oppressed by idiotic rules, be it by those who have privilege or those who are just scared of words. Do you know how many words we use nowadays that were "taboo" that aren't even considered scathing anymore? Are you secretly Beyond the Trailer?

But again, this was not related to the shitwreck that was the rest of the Divergent film series after it's first film.

Also, there's a difference between Tris being in a scene and Tris being the focal point of the scenes. She was in most of the scenes, yes. But was she the focal point for most of them? Was she the one leading the charge? Was she at all as big as she was in the novels? No. But they definitely went out of their way to give Four a bigger role.

You really need to go rewatch Insurgent again and tell me how he had less of a role in that than in Divergent. Or how the marketing for Insurgent totally didn't make him seem like the new face.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That does not mean it should still be used. Like I said if nothing else it will "curse" you and make you feel bad, even if a while later. Those words are taboo for a reason, and not because they sound bad or r disrespectful.
Oh wow. My soul is shuddering with horror. What terrible demons have I given life simply by breathing a select combination of syllables!

5257683.jpg

Patricier21

Lol okay sweetie, siéntate por favor and let Uncle Lonbilly teach you a lil thing about language. Words are only as powerful as you let them be, which is why I throw ass and Bad Bitch and diddly around so much because it's dumb to treat any language as "taboo" when the whole diddlying point of literature and the written word is being fully expressive and not being oppressed by idiotic rules, be it by those who have privilege or those who are just scared of words. Do you know how many words we use nowadays that were "taboo" that aren't even considered scathing anymore? Are you secretly Beyond the Trailer?

But again, this was not related to the shitwreck that was the rest of the Divergent film series after it's first film.

Also, there's a difference between Tris being in a scene and Tris being the focal point of the scenes. She was in most of the scenes, yes. But was she the focal point for most of them? Was she the one leading the charge? Was she at all as big as she was in the novels? No. But they definitely went out of their way to give Four a bigger role.

You really need to go rewatch Insurgent again and tell me how he had less of a role in that than in Divergent. Or how the marketing for Insurgent totally didn't make him seem like the new face.

Language. There is such a thing as expressing too much emotion to the point that you do and mean what you did not intend to say or feel to even yourself. Like all else and life you can express or do something without overdoing it. In expressing an opinion, you need to make people feel the same way that you feel and exaggerating it through the use of a foul word only overpowers its effect. Thats the thing about power; if you use too much, it will just cause destruction. You only need enough to prove your point as clearly and concisely as you understand it, as if you yourself were experiencing it again for the first time.

Four was also not focused on at all in any of the scenes in Insurgent. It was always about Tris and about how she related to the scenes. The marketing also did not focus on Four, and nowhere near did they imply that he would be the new face of the series. He was hardly focused on in an you the trailers. He always had the role that he has always had in the series,which is the male version of Tris that helps her get through their situations by pointing out what she missed and giving her things to consider. He had no development or anything significant happen to him, aside from meeting his mother and the support that he gave Tris.

You also have to consider the emotional arc that Tris goes through. As it is, Insurgent is a movie that essentially saved my life, and as such I have thought long and hard about it. If they had not portrayed the story and its thematic material the way that they had done it, with its focus on Tris and the development that she went through, my life would never have gotten back on track to the way that I wanted it to be. All it took was the movie both teaching and reminding me that I can make a difference to not only myself but the world around me if I forgive my past mistakes and look at what I can do, even if myself and the world may be against me, and even if it may mean making big, ultimate sacrifices. I also applied what I had learned from this movie with what I was going through and being more connected to my true self and what I truly wanted to have happen.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
After some deliberate thought, I've decided to close the thread down until the next movie. This argument has gone on long enough, and quite frankly, we could all use a break from this thread. I don't think it'll kill anyone to leave it be till the next movie. That is all.

Last edited:

Patricier21

The Divergent Series: Ascendant (The Final Divergent Movie)

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]As of right now it is still not officially confirmed whether Ascendant, the fourth and final Divergent movie, is still happening, but if The Divergent Series: Allegiant sells well on Home Media, then it will help support Ascendant happening. They are so close to the finish line with only the resolving conclusion left to go; they cannot just leave the movie series at this point without it. [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]With them cutting Ascendant's budget down, they will be able to return to the same kind of effort and essence that they had with the first Divergent movie, as well as the kind of effort and essence that was put into The Maze Runner movies, all of which were made with a similar kind of lower budget. The lower the budget means that they will be able to focus more on the script and overall content that they are trying to portray, rather than overdoing it with an abundance of CGI and other stylized effects. [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]The release dates for Allegiant on 4K Blu ray/Blu ray/DVD are as follows: [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]July 12 2016 - North America [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]July 13 2016 - France [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]July 27 2016 - Australia [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]It will also be released on OnDemand and Digital HD Media on June 21 2016 in North America [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Any country or continent not listed here should have their Home Media formats of the movie released at around the same time or fairly close to/not much farther from those listed.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back