• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The direction of music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I keep hearing people say that today's music sucks and that earlier music (70's, 80's, and 90's) was real music. Is it just that those people grew up listening to those decades music and perfer it over today's music, or is music steady going downhill? Or would you say music is going uphill?

Ace.

Banned
I think its just that people will always have their different preferences, so no era of music is better or worse than the last or next, you know?

Trag

Bronze Member
i say, keep ones opinions on music to ones self, because people who argue over what sounds good to them are faggots who want people to think like them, lmao

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
i personally like how the direction of music is going right now
at least for the bands i listen to
i see so many bands with inspirational music and lyrics
made from the heart
and not mass produced for money
but thats just me

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Its a very pessimistic view to say that music is going down hill. Though it may seem like media focus' on crappy music today, there is still very good music being produced, as there always has. There has always been good music though today you just have to look a bit harder for it.

Deity

Listen to Kanye's new album and tell me that man isn't raising the bar for people like Soulja Boy and Wakka Flocka Flame who are what most people refer to when they say music today sucks. That is all.

Honestly, music is better than ever. Not only do you have all the older stuff to listen to, you have some fantastic newer stuff to enjoy.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Mainstream music has gotten worse over time. Now, the stuff you can't see... Is usually not too great, in my experience, but still not quite terrible, to make a gross generalization.

Personally, I think we're due for a Progressive Rock revival, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back