• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Decemberists - Hazards of Love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK

The gang pulls off distortion surprisingly well.

Hazards of Love is the Decemberists' fifth album, and if the Rake's Song is any indicator, it's gonna be awesome. March 24, bitches.

Awards
I never listened to a Decemberists album, but I think I'll get Hazards of Love and see what all the fuss is about.

The lead sounds very familiar, though. I just can't place where I've heard him.

edit: now I know, he sounds a bit like Don McLean and Tim Freedman, but with a bit more attitude.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
I never listened to a Decemberists album, but I think I'll get Hazards of Love and see what all the fuss is about.

The lead sounds very familiar, though. I just can't place where I've heard him.

edit: now I know, he sounds a bit like Don McLean and Tim Freedman, but with a bit more attitude.

Get Castways and Cutouts.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
No it isn't. Picareque has some duds, whereas C&C is pretty solid all the way through.

C&C sags between Cautionary Song and Legionare's Lament. The only song that's kinda meh on Picaresque is For My Own True Love. Everything else is primo stuff.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
and how did you get on with the fall discography? (offtopic is cool)

Me and it didn't click too well. Me and Pavement, however, are doing awesome together.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask, what's a good Guided by Voices album to start on?

Massive Attack

Awards
Me and it didn't click too well. Me and Pavement, however, are doing awesome together.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask, what's a good Guided by Voices album to start on?

Of course you like Pavement. OF COURSE YOU LIKE THEM. they kind of ripped off the fall a few times. one of their songs are pretty much exactly the same as The Classical (gnarly song broo. it's on hex enduction hour). i like crooked rain, crooked rain, but it's not that great.

only good GBV album is Bee Thousand. there's pretty much no filler in it, unlike some of their other albums.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
This is the point where I stop listening to you, because Pavement is awesome. Very primal, very jamesque music. I like it quite a bit.

Rorschach

That song was really good and I never thought I would say that about a Decembrist song with distortion. I hope this album is- o wait- they haven't made an album yet that isn't awesome.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
That song was really good and I never thought I would say that about a Decembrist song with distortion. I hope this album is- o wait- they haven't made an album yet that isn't awesome.

cough Her Majesty coughcough
wasn't a bad album, it just wasn't awesome.

also shut up dan lol

Massive Attack

Awards
Pavament are pretty boring. Or at least, it seems like it considering everyone just copies them.

so when are you guys starting that sitcom?

soon enough. soon enough.

cough Her Majesty coughcough
wasn't a bad album, it just wasn't awesome.

also shut up dan lol

Her Majesty is pretty ":/".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back