• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Death of ULTIMATE Peter Parker - ULTIMATE Spider-Man Is Killed Off In His Next Issue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Annoyed that Marvel went the mainstream press route AGAIN instead of letting me read the fucking issue.

Otherwise, I get Ultimate Fallout on Thursday so I'll decide on it all then.

If Marvel really wanted to go for the tour de force of controversy on this thing, they'd make Miles Morales gay too. Which would be interesting.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Make him a gay and/or a Muslim. If they did both, then bam, major controversy.

I actually wondered for a little while if the new Spidey would be Muslim. That could've been interesting.

Either way, I don't think Marvel was aiming for "controversy" more so than aiming for "ethnic diversity", which they've certainly achieved with Miles Morales. The biggest thing for me now isn't his sexual orientation or religious beliefs, but rather I just want Bendis to make me care about Miles as a character, which I think he'll do.

That said, props to Sara Pichelli for designing Miles! :D Dude looks chill~

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Make him a gay and/or a Muslim. If they did both, then bam, major controversy.
Do it, Marvel and you can take my money!!

Part nigga, part spic, a terrorist and a fag. That'd piss so many people off and I'd be completely down with buying that book.

I actually wondered for a little while if the new Spidey would be Muslim. That could've been interesting.

Either way, I don't think Marvel was aiming for "controversy" more so than aiming for "ethnic diversity", which they've certainly achieved with Miles Morales. The biggest thing for me now isn't his sexual orientation or religious beliefs, but rather I just want Bendis to make me care about Miles as a character, which I think he'll do.
Oh you clearly don't know Marvel. They say they care about ethnic diversity, but they really couldn't give two shits about diversity. What they're after is publicity and nothing gets people talking more than controversy. Look at DC and the New 52.

The whole reason why they "slip" these news bites to the press before they're published is so they can generate publicity. That's how the current Marvel editorial feel they can generate higher sales.

Theart

Awards
Do it, Marvel and you can take my money!!

Part nigga, part spic, a terrorist and a fag. That'd piss so many people off and I'd be completely down with buying that book.

Better yet: Part nigga, part spic, a fag and a terrorist IN NEW YORK CITY. ;)

Oh you clearly don't know Marvel. They say they care about ethnic diversity, but they really couldn't give two shits about diversity. What they're after is publicity and nothing gets people talking more than controversy. Look at DC and the New 52.

The whole reason why they "slip" these news bites to the press before they're published is so they can generate publicity. That's how the current Marvel editorial feel they can generate higher sales.

True a point as ever. I AM after all just a casual comic reader, usually just buying the occasional graphic novel instead of hunting down the latest issue.

That said, I've already decided to subscribe to the first year's worth of issues for Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man. I like the new suit, I could possibly like Miles a lot as a character, I LOVE Pichelli's artwork, and Bendis is a solid writer. Should be worth the money spent~

Able_Beard

Banned
So this Spider-Man can run ten times faster and eat chicken at a alarming rate! Sweet. I wonder if the love interest will still be a white girl..probably.

All joking aside, have they confirmed the newer powers he will get? Plus I'm interested on how he got the powers and how Peter dying affected him.

Theart

Awards
So this Spider-Man can run ten times faster and eat chicken at a alarming rate! Sweet. I wonder if the love interest will still be a white girl..probably.

More like this Spidey is a big fan of Reading Rainbow, but never wants to meet Levar Burton: Bendis confirmed Miles Morales is semi-inspired by Donald Glover. ;)

That said, I can see Mile's love interest being white, assuming she's a character already present in the Ultimate Universe. Gwen is apparently got a big role to play this year in the UU, but that could mean anything.

Or of course, Miles could be dating an entirely new character that is also black or hispanic.

All joking aside, have they confirmed the newer powers he will get? Plus I'm interested on how he got the powers and how Peter dying affected him.

No, we don't know his new powers as of yet. We'll probably get a glimpse of the powers this week in Ultimate Fallout #4, but the origins of his powers and his connection to Peter apparently are being saved for Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man's new issue(s) coming back in September.

Theart

Awards
I'm glad I've started buying all the collected editions of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic now. Well worth it.

Nice. :D

That said, I'd try to pick up Ultimate Spider-Man #160, Ultimate Fallout #4 and Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #1 (the upcoming one with Miles), as I suspect those three issues might turn out to be worth a good deal in a few years...

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
That said, I'd try to pick up Ultimate Spider-Man #160, Ultimate Fallout #4 and Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #1 (the upcoming one with Miles), as I suspect those three issues might turn out to be worth a good deal in a few years...
The speculator market crashed a decade ago. If you're buying comics because you think they might be worth something, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Theart

Awards
The speculator market crashed a decade ago. If you're buying comics because you think they might be worth something, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

I generally don't, nor am I doing that now. I already decided to just wait for the Death of Spider-Man graphical novel to come out, probably not even buy Fallout #4 and just read comments/summaries online. I've decided to subscribe to UC:S-M though.

I wasn't aware that that particular market crashed, so I merely was making a suggestion.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
lmao I cannot believe they actually went through with basing him off of Donald Glover, and fulfilling the rumors of him being latino AT THE SAME TIME. "SEE WE'RE SO DIVERSE, OUR NEW SPIDER-MAN IS TWO RACES! BEAT THAT DC!" Oh I hope he's a total insecure dweeb, though.That's the only way I could see him taking on the Spidey suit, and not come off as a douche.

I wasn't aware that that particular market crashed, so I merely was making a suggestion.
Yeah, the only reason those old golden age/silver age comics are worth money is because they were limited prints. The golden age ones are even more rare because alot of them were recycled during that little world war thing, when the whole of America was aiding the effort in any way they could, and since it was mainly made for children the adults saw no harm in getting rid of those old rags their kids don't even read anymore. Then when they introduced the infinite reprints, and back logs, collectors realized they couldn't make money off their comics anymore (because there's no such thing as a "rare" issue now), and the industry almost died because of it. The more you know~~

Last edited:

Theart

Awards
lmao I cannot believe they actually went through with basing him off of Donald Glover, and fulfilling the rumors of him being latino AT THE SAME TIME. "SEE WE'RE SO DIVERSE, OUR NEW SPIDER-MAN IS TWO RACES! BEAT THAT DC!" Oh I hope he's a total insecure dweeb, though.That's the only way I could see him taking on the Spidey suit, and not come off as a douche.

I love it. :D

That said, Miles is apparently going to be pretty different than Peter. Which is fine with me, as I'm sure Bendis can make a great character out of Miles. C:

Yeah, the only reason those old golden age/silver age comics are worth money is because they were limited prints. The golden age ones are even more rare because alot of them were recycled during that little world war thing, when the whole of America was aiding the effort in any way they could, and since it was mainly made for children the adults saw no harm in getting rid of those old rags their kids don't even read anymore. Then when they introduced the infinite reprints, and back logs, collectors realized they couldn't make money off their comics anymore (because there's no such thing as a "rare" issue now), and the industry almost died because of it. The more you know~~

Wow. I never knew this. xD

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
That's what I've been thinking. Few people are buying comics like that now.

I generally don't, nor am I doing that now. I already decided to just wait for the Death of Spider-Man graphical novel to come out, probably not even buy Fallout #4 and just read comments/summaries online. I've decided to subscribe to UC:S-M though.

Yeah, they're collectability is only in the eye of the beholder. Before comics started being reprinted in trades, they were something because that was the only way to get them. Now, if you just want to read the comic there are many different ways to do it. With the burgeoning online market, the whole game is changing now.

I got Ultimate Fallout. The Miles Morales part is fairly brief because there's two other stories in the issue relating to the new Ultimate Universe status quo. Miles comes across as someone who thinks he's doing what is necessary by filling the gap Peter's death left but everyone else seems to feel it's in bad taste because that's exactly what everyone says throughout the issue.

And although Miles didn't eat any watermelon or fried chicken, that didn't stop Bendis from having a villain called the Kangaroo wear an akubra with crocodile teeth, a vest with the Union Jack and a singlet that had the Southern Cross on it.

Now that was offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back