• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Death of Saddam

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK the Fat

The other day I saw a political cartoon. In the first frame a mob of angry people jeer at a pair of dangling feet. The caption reads "the Medieval Ages". In the second frame, the crowd remains, and instead of just seeing the feet dangling, we see the feet dangling on a website that reads "Youtube." The caption reads "the Modern Ages."

The cartoon was about the execution of Saddam and how so many people went nuts (including a majority of my friends and teachers) to watch.

Was anyone else a bit disgusted? Saddam's death was supposed to be a nonpublic event, and but when one video leaks hardly a person respects it, instead desiring to see a real man dying.

This raised a few questions in my mind.

1. Did Saddam deserve death? And if so, was his execution method appropriate?

2. Did Saddam deserve more than death for what he did to others? (torture, for example)

3. Do people have a right to break a law, even if they were not the original commiters, to see the execution for themselves? What does this speak about so called "civilized" humanity?

------

*I belive the cartoon was from USA today, and I'm not sure I got the captions right, but I still gave the general idea.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Saddam's death was supposed to be a nonpublic event, and but when one video leaks hardly a person respects it, instead desiring to see a real man dying.
Weren't our media-opoly of fearmongers allowed at the execution to report?
Well, I would like to know why he was even executed in the first place. We invade his country under the false presumption that he harbored WMDs, but yet we decide to 'help' the Iraqi people through a 'milestone' according to Bush.
Did Saddam deserve more than death for what he did to others? (torture, for example)
If he deserved a harsher punishment because of torture, then our military would have to be subject to the same fate.
Honastaly im glad hes dead =/ He killed so many people.

Enough Said.
Yeah so does Maoist China. Let's go after them next.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
Well, I think Iraq itself was a huge mistake, it wasnt our place to be, iraq is even more messed up now. But yes saddam did deserve death, he butchered people, just as hitler deserved to die for all the horrible things he did.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yeah he deserved death, the bastard killed people with mustard gas LOL
as for his form of execution, it's fine too. It's the way they chose, so be it.

As for torture, whatever. I think that if he was truly sorry of everything he did torture is unecessary, but you can never tell with lying.

Lord n00b

Well in my opinion whether Saddam lived till he died from old age in prison or via this method it doesn't really change the impact he had on Iraq or his victims. There is no punishment that will make anything better for them.

Anyway, I am very confused though as to, what the thought process is/was in some people's minds that he didn't deserve what he got, as if the standard of a human being's life applies after all he did lol. All that BS whining about Saddam this and that then this crap is pulled. C'mon people who are you to determine what is a justifiable punishment....you never had input on the matter to begin with so why even bother with what you can't control.

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
He deserved it....

I just didnt like how bush went about it, especially about invading iraq, checking them if they had weapons of mass destruction

CK the Fat

What are people's thoughts on the media reaction to the leaked video? I'd like to try and put some emphasis on that.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
If Saddam deserved to die for killing people, then Bush deserves the death sentence as well for the death of thousands upon thousands of Iraqis and US Soldiers.

On a side note, after doing my own personal research, mainly coming from Muslim friends, I've found that Saddam's death was on the exact date and exact hour a Holy Muslim Holiday that hit this year right before New Years. I don't know the name of it in Arabic, but in Bosnian its Bairam. During Bairam, your supposed to sacrifice a lamb and share it with your neighbors (symbolic for being grateful for what you have, but rather than not eating like during Ramadan, you instead share with others). Does anyone think that Saddam could have been that sacrifice?

This only support my statement of Saddam's death being mere propaganda, especially in its timing. I'm also disgusted by people who rejoiced over his death. Most of these people, are the ignorant fools who believed Bush's lies that got us into Iraq. Blind Idiots . . . [/rant]

Last edited:

Devious

Was anyone else a bit disgusted? Saddam's death was supposed to be a nonpublic event, and but when one video leaks hardly a person respects it, instead desiring to see a real man dying.

They only desire to see such a film so they have proof of his surefire and definately medival death. And they also do it because as humans we are animalistic and desire gore even if it makes us nauseous.

He deserves death because of his crimes against humanity, namely his Genocide of the people of Iraq. The only reason he was hung at the Gallows was because it was his chosen method of death, he was given a choice between Lethal Injection, Hanging, or Death by Firing Squad. He chose hanging as his form of death, his pursecutors did not choose for him.

2. Did Saddam deserve more than death for what he did to others? (torture, for example)

No, there is no more we could have done to even try to take back such tremendous pain from the Iraqi people. If we could, what would we do? Kill him, bring him back to life and kill him again? I sure as hell won't allow torture as it's against the U.S. federal law to do so.

3. Do people have a right to break a law, even if they were not the original commiters, to see the execution for themselves? What does this speak about so called "civilized" humanity?

Clarify this, I.E. send someone to kill another so you aren't charged with murder but then again you are considered an associate or the murder himself? If so, no, they have no right to do such a thing. But no one should be allowed to watch such a death be "put up for show" it is a total moccary of the legal system and it is a moccary of us as human beings!

Watching is one thing, recording and leaking it is another, why the hell would someone want to show a movie where a man is dropped and stops immediately going about 5 m/s (meters per second) and their full body weight is stressed upon the neck which in turn snaps due to the knot of the rope twisting and pulling hard in the opposite direction of the falling weight. Disgusting, immoral, and completely disrespectful, even if he was a rutheless dictator, as human beings we should not allow such a foul display of human decentsy arise even if it is the death of an immoral dictator.

If Saddam deserved to die for killing people, then Bush deserves the death sentence as well for the death of thousands upon thousands of Iraqis and US Soldiers.

I'm sorry but there's a difference between war and just plain Communism. Communism is where you do it, it gets done, or the Dictator will do with you what he sees fit. War is where one fights to either liberate, protect, or conquer a section of the world. War will have deaths, whether you like it or not, be it innocent Iraqis, U.S. Soldiers, or Terrorists. You cannot expect it to be a happy-go-lucky pillow fight with flowers and sunshine. You need to expect blood, sweat, tears, and a whole lot of lead. Don't think that you can just twist such a death onto the President because he is a simpleton. Sure he's a moron and has ruined the economy, does that mean he deserves death? I'd like to think he could just be institutionalized, but unfortunately this is not how things are going to play out. Deal with it, I don't want to see "War", "Bush", or "Bush deserves death" in one more sentence or I'm going to blow a gasget. Look at World War II or World War I, did we kill Wilson for putting us into WW I in which about 10 MILLION ALTOGETHER (from every country) DIED!?! I'm pretty sure he died of good ol' fashioned AGE. And I'm pretty sure that makes the casualties for each side was about 1 million which I think (go with me on this, I might need help) is more than ??? thousands? Perhaps... What about WW II? How many millions died? Uh huh? About 48,231,700 http://warchronicle.com/numbers/WWII/deaths.htm should we just have one big world wide suicide pact to say "I'm sorry" to all of the dead soldiers out there? I dunno about you, but if the soldiers fought valiantly for the cause, and their cause was met, then what do you say? Let it go? Apparantly we've done it in the past.

Last edited:

CK the Fat

Just about every king, queen, dictator, president, prime ministers, etc. probably deserves death, if that is what is justifiable for death.

Anyway, the US soldiers who went to Iraq--do not forget--were volunteers. If you sign up for the military, you are basically giving up the right to your own life.

Most of these people, are the ignorant fools who believed Bush's lies that got us into Iraq. Blind Idiots . . .

Lol, should I call the American population who are now angry at the lies idiots because they can't realize what exactly is at stake? The reasons behind the war that aren't spoken aloud? The repercussions of a so-called "peace?"

Cid Highwind

The Captain

ha, i like how you think. i don't even think we should have been in Iraq anyways, and now that all of these ppl that are dieing....why bush? now he's sending more troops over to iraq, and the only reason he apologized on the other day is because i think he wanted to influence congress to give him support for what he wants.

now back to saddam, he probably deserved death because of all of the ppl he killed, but thats nothing to celebrate about. i think that any other form of punishment would have been cruel, and we don't have to sink to such a low level to kill him in the most painful way. for the leaked video, ive seen it but its kindof painful to watch. im not a softy but seeing anyone actually die is kindof painful. yeah i can laugh about it during movies but i think executions are pretty harsh. ppl can change and such and giving them jail time can help them change their ways. saddam i think was a different case tho. i don't think that it should've been taped, so that the world can all make sure that the deed was done and there are those that will just laugh because he was hung. even tho he was a cruel man, he deserved just a private audience just for a few to see.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
I love how people don't read my entire post and choose only to comment on one of my comments.

Saddam's death fell right on bairam! Its as if he was the sacrifice! Does that not intrigue anyone? Does it not seem suspicous that he would die on THAT day?

Twilight Demon, please learn your governments before spurting out like that. Communism has nothing to do with this.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
They killed an old man, that was the amount of his 'execution'. Just another distraction.

I do find it odd how everybody just 'knows' Saddam commited war crimes, but there's no way Bush or anybody in the white house ever could have. I dearly hope that something like this is written in a history book. -_-

CK the Fat

Saddam's death fell right on bairam! Its as if he was the sacrifice! Does that not intrigue anyone? Does it not seem suspicous that he would die on THAT day?

It tells me his own people wanted him barbequed enough to allow him to be executed on such an important day.

Twilight Demon, please learn your governments before spurting out like that. Communism has nothing to do with this.

I think he's referring to a dictatorship, and if he is, his arguement still stands.

I do find it odd how everybody just 'knows' Saddam commited war crimes, but there's no way Bush or anybody in the white house ever could have. I dearly hope that something like this is written in a history book.

*whistle* George Washington, Adams, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, Roosevelt, Eisenhowar, and George Bush are all war criminals because they engaged in war? Not a single war was truly "defensive", and so obviously all these men are war criminals as well.

Devious

Well what do you call him then? The President? When you rule over with no chance of someone taking over the government in your place and you pretty much control EVERYTHING people do, say, and write, it is considered a communist or dictoral environment. Thank you for the rebuttal CK.

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
Saddam didnt deserve to die, they basically captured him and killed him for ruling his own country. Saddam has commited crimes no worse than what bush or any other president before him involved in any conflict or war has period.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
I think he's referring to a dictatorship, and if he is, his arguement still stands.

A flawed argument is as good as no argument.

Well what do you call him then? The President? When you rule over with no chance of someone taking over the government in your place and you pretty much control EVERYTHING people do, say, and write, it is considered a communist or dictoral environment. Thank you for the rebuttal CK.

The point of Communism is not to establish a dictatorship, its just the Communist dictators you do see have yet to take the final step in creating a true Communist sate. That is, getting rid of the dictator.

The word your looking for is Despotism.

Bush has committed the crime of perjury, that is, lying in order to get the people rallied behind him to invade Iraq in 2003. That crime alone is enough grounds for impeachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back