• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Death Note Fanclub

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who's Better?

• Light

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • L

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Mello

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Near

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • L, Mello, and Near combined

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Misa

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
The Death Note Fanclub

Death_Note_logo.JPG

Welcome to one of the greatest fanclubs dedicated to the manga, anime, and live action series of all time-Death Note! This is a fanclub dedicated to the series and also one of the best anime on TV as it invovles a laughing psychotic genius by the name of Light Yagami, a shinigami named Ryuk who accidently drops a Death Note, and their battle against the three dectectives (L, the mysterious weird one, Near, the true L sucessor and boy genius, and Mello, the chocolate-lovin, second L succesor) who want to make sure justice is prevailed and take down Kira. This is the place for Death Note for fans to come and gather around to discuss and or obsess with the show as well as the coolest character around-L or if not, Light! The show is based around Light Yagami, a boy who finds Death Note and all starts from there. :D

(but eh I myself love Near)

Rules

Note: Like all my other FCs, I tend to give out rules, yes you heard me if your not careful or comply to it, I will report you to the Mod/Admin, this is just a warning)

1. First and foremost, try NOT to spoil (There are some people who have the tendency to spoil and if not on purpose or accidentally. Just to note who spoils to us, please try not to or limit yourself. For example I was beginning and somebody spoiled something for me and that kind of made me very disappointed).

2. If you must and or have to spoil, warn others or or whatever, use colored text that nobody can see. (i.e. use Black in a Blag Skin depending on the skin you’re using really) that nobody can see and put SPOILER/SPOILERS or the spoiler tag (if it’s still available).

3. No-to little swearing, PLEASE. I know members who have the tendency to cuss every often wether it’s accidental or on purpose. This rule applies to those who do so EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY but please refrain yourself or limit to. There are some members who are younger then you and or don’t like swearing (i.e. me, hard to believe but I do hate it even if I accidentally let it slip but I try not to).

4. Please respect others and their opinions even if they don’t match your since this isn’t about coming to join a club and then you disagree with somebody and then the two of you start bickering over things. Do not harrass or start arguments/bicker with anybody. Yes, same rule as above but more expanding to explain this: I want many of us to get along (even if we disagree). If I see that (or the mod), you’ll be warned and if you don’t take our warning, I will eithier ask you to leave the club and or if gets worse, I’ll report you to a Mod of this section and let you deal with him/her. PLEASE DON’T HARRASS ANYBODY JUST BECAUSE THEY DON’T AGREE WITH YOU OR WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE. >:

5. Please if you’re going to double post, DON’T, click the edit button if you forgot to mention something and or EDIT. I seriously try not to double post either.

Anime:

51psZosK2FL._SL500_.jpg

1372339581_0acdfbc2ff.jpg

51nZ2NM1wNL._SL500_.jpg

Live-Action Movie:
death_note_movie.jpg

34qlgkx.jpg

Manga/Books:

deathnote1_500.jpg

deathnote2cover2.jpg

death_note_10.jpg

Los Angeles BB Murder Case
How To Read vol. 13?​

Show Plot (thanks Wikipedia):
[FONT=Tahoma]Light Yagami is an intelligent young man who resents what appears to be a relentless increase of crime and corruption in the world around him. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, he realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his keen judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" ([FONT=Arial Unicode MS]キラ[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets"][COLOR=#0000ee]?[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma], derived from the typical Japanese pronunciation of the English word "killer"), is located in Japan. He also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a game of psychological cat and mouse between the two begins.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Misa Amane, another Death Note owner, finds Light. Obsessed by Kira after the death of her parents' murderer, she devotes herself to helping Light, but is captured by L. Light makes a plan involving renouncing ownership of both Death Notes, and all of his memories of them, and turns himself in to L for surveillance. Together, Light and L investigate eight people from the company "Yotsuba" who are using Misa's Death Note for their own profit. While arresting them, Light recovers all his memories when he touches the Death Note. He remembers and continues his plan of compelling the former owner of Misa's Death Note, the shinigami Rem, into killing L and his aide Watari.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]After L's death, Light is given the position of the "new L" by the Japanese Task Force. Four years later, Near and Mello - two children who were raised to be successors to L - appear, with the goal of finding Kira. In the meantime, Kira has gained much public support, and has contacts. Mello, one of L's successors, kidnaps Sayu Yagami, Light's little sister, as a bargaining chip to get the Death Note. The Japanese Task Force plan to go to Los Angeles to rescue Sayu but end up losing the Notebook. The task force later attempts to retrieve it and succeeds in doing so; but, as a result of an explosive that Mello uses to cover his escape, Soichiro Yagami, Light's father, dies.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Near begins to suspect the second L of being Kira thus causing some members of the Japanese task force to also openly suspect him. Realizing the risk of being caught, Light has Misa give up ownership of her Death Note. He then finds his next successor, Teru Mikami, a strong, almost crazed Kira supporter. Mikami later recruits a new spokesman for Kira, Kiyomi Takada, a newscaster and one of Light's former college girlfriends. Teru Mikami and Kiyomi Takada continue killing criminals while Light is unable to do so himself. Kiyomi is later kidnapped by Mello and is forced to kill him with a hidden piece of the Death Note. Light kills Kiyomi to avoid her implicating him after she uses the note to kill Mello. In a final confrontation between Light and Near, Near proves that Light is Kira. Ryuk fulfills his earlier promise he made at the beginning of the series to write Light's name in his Death Note, thus ending Light's life due to a heart attack.[/FONT]

CHARACTERS:

(props to Death Note Wiki)
Light Yagami
L Lawliet (L)
Ryuk
Rem
Misa Amane
Nate River (Near, N)
Mihael Keehl (Mello)
Teru Mikami
Watari
Mail Jeevas (Matt)
Soichiro Yagami
Shuichi Aizawa
Mogi
Hidaki Ide
Halle Linder
Anthony Rester
Stephen Gevanni
Kyomi Takada
Sayu Yagami
Sachiko Yagami
Masahiko Kida
Suguru Shimura
Naomi Misora
Raye Penber
Sidoh
Beyond Birthday
A

FANFICTION:
Death Note-The C Factor (coming soon)​

VIDEOS/AMVS:
OPENING/ENDINGS:

AMVS:

DEATH NOTE: RE-WRITE:

LIVE ACTION Movies:
Death Note: The Last Name (the live-action movie)
Death Note: L Change The World (second live action movie)

Official Death Note Songs:
The World by Nightmare
Alumina by Nightmare
Zetsubō Billy by Maximum (the) Hormone
L’s Theme
Near’s Theme

Non Official Anime Songs That Represent Death Note:
Attack by 30 Seconds To Mars (Light v.s. Near)

NEWS (meh I’m weird like that lol):
PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL I HAVE POSTED FOR YOU ALL! :D
It’s a Light v.s. L, Near, and Mello. :D

L Change The World is coming to America Theaters on April 29 and 30 2010!
For those who haven’t watched the original Japanese version, it’d be cool if you can go and check this out! :D

Light v.s. Near AMV will be in arrival soon as I’m making it. XD

Reasons Why It’s Such A Good Series (Anime/Manga/Live Action Movie):
1. I love how it has twist and turns and it’s like a mystery (and the race to find Kira is on) and I like guessing who the culprit is and I love Near, L, and Mello, who are the Wammy Orphanage’s awesome Anti-Kira team. :D That and I just find it cool how L has obsession with sweets, Near with Toys, and Mello with chocolate.

I liked it because of the intelligence battles between Light and the Wammy Kids (L, Near and Mello), and it made me wanna try to figure out what they are going to do next, and it's so dark too :D (Candylanger)​

Upon your joinage, this is optional, can you please answer these questions:
Who's your favorite character and why?
Who's your least favorite character and why?
What would you do if you had a chance encounter with a notebook? Use it, burn it, join SPK, and or other things?
What Death Note character are you like and why?
What would you change if you could in Death Note?

Spoilers
What did you think of the Death Note ending?

Please answer in spoiler tags i.e.: [*spoilers] answer here [*/spoilers] just take the * out of the of [/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]MORE REASONS TO BE ADDED LATER![/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Tahoma][B]Members:[/B][/FONT]
Danica Syer (founding member)
Candylanger
Artistry of Schedius (Arty)
Heart of Nothing
Gildragon
Watson
Zexions' Cupcake
Amata
Jorg
Sapphire Skies
Shinkiro
AxelRoxasFan223
Crimson
thechasersblade
Strawberry
Axel'sPetPhoenix
Rauxlen
Shinra X-2
lumine
Wonderglow
xxkairixx
Rapidus Procella
Kibamaru
Oriax
qster
Solar
Maku
[/CENTER]

Last edited:

Danica Syer

I want joinage! Joinage, I tell you! :D

YAYYYYYYYYYY JOINAGE TO YOU!

Ah and some discussion questions FOR YOU ONLY (since I asked other people):

1. Who's your least favorite character and why?
2. Obviously you seem to like Light (by your vote on the poll but if I'm wrong, this question applies to you, Who's Your Favorite character and why?) and why is that I may ask? :D
3. Did you like the ending (if you saw it and please use spoiler tags just in case).

Kee kee kee you already know what Im going to choose. >:3
But count me in....

raitohahaha

JOINAGE GRANTED TO THE BIG LIGHT FAN. 8D

"I'd knew you choose Light." *sounds confident as Near does* >:3

QUESTIONS FOR YOU BOTH:

btw would you own a Death Note or would you let it go and burn it and or join the SPK and say, "No way am I writing names just to make people suffer and die...despite it being a pretty neat concept."?

Raiko

Come break me down
"Well I knew you would say that. There's nothing wrong with choosing the Light." x3

btw would you own a Death Note or would you let it go and burn it and or join the SPK and say, "No way am I writing names just to make people suffer and die...despite it being a pretty neat concept."?

As much as I hate killing people I might still use it. I HATE wars and I want it to end. FULL STOP. So I will. :B

Im guessing you would side with the SPK and hunt down Kira.

BTW do any of you have Vol 13? (The How to read one?)

Danica Syer

"Well I knew you would say that. There's nothing wrong with choosing the Light." x3

"Of course not. I didn't say there was. I was just being observant." Meh. :p

As much as I hate killing people I might still use it. I HATE wars and I want it to end. FULL STOP. So I will. :B

Yeah, it's pretty understandable but would you write all the opposing enemies name on it if you had it? And they'd all drop dead? O_O?

Indeed I would, as you see, I know and can see other ways of justice being served. *twirls hair* But honestly, that's just me. XD

As for the 'How To Read vol 13', Nope. I want it so bad. ;__; I have a gift card for Borders, so if I get a chance to go to that bookstore, maybe? 8D

Candylanger

Awards
YAYYYYYYYYYY JOINAGE TO YOU!

Ah and some discussion questions FOR YOU ONLY (since I asked other people):

1. Who's your least favorite character and why?
2. Obviously you seem to like Light (by your vote on the poll but if I'm wrong, this question applies to you, Who's Your Favorite character and why?) and why is that I may ask? :D
3. Did you like the ending (if you saw it and please use spoiler tags just in case).

1. My least favorite character must be Matsuda, since he doesn't really think through stuff, and just speak out the little idea he has, just to be hammered down. He isn't smart enough for me.

2. Light is indeed my favorite character, and why I did chose him was because he is similar to me, and he thinks several steps ahead of his opponents, and that he is able to use the Death Note the way he does. I must add that I liked him more at the first half of the series, the second half, he was just, meh, but, he is still my favorite :)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

JOINAGE GRANTED TO THE BIG LIGHT FAN. 8D

"I'd knew you choose Light." *sounds confident as Near does* >:3

QUESTIONS FOR YOU BOTH:

I would own and use it, because, there are criminals that can walk freely on the street without caring about the law. Guess that makes me a bad person in some peoples opinion, but, we all have different sight of justice.

That's makes two of us she has to chase ^^

I do not own it, but, I have read it. only once, so I don't remember it so well xD

Danica Syer

1. My least favorite character must be Matsuda, since he doesn't really think through stuff, and just speak out the little idea he has, just to be hammered down. He isn't smart enough for me.

Interesting. Most people I know including I, myself chose Misa. But the fact that you chose Matsuda is pretty interesting because as much as I actually like Matsuda and he actually owns the scene near the end, he was annoying at times and I know what you mean as there are times, I got upset with him just because and it's like, "Matsuda, pay attention!" lol and sometimes, he's like the light-hearted character aside Misa that made the anime just seem more light-hearted at times. XD

2. Light is indeed my favorite character, and why I did chose him was because he is similar to me, and he thinks several steps ahead of his opponents, and that he is able to use the Death Note the way he does. I must add that I liked him more at the first half of the series, the second half, he was just, meh, but, he is still my favorite :)

I would of liked Light too but the thing that annoys me about him is that he thinks he "God." and although I'd like to get rid of the world of evil doing, he was quite the ironic one in the show as he actually used the Death Note for his own justice but his justice differates from L and Near's....and although I prefer their way, I could relate to Light in wanting to get rid of the world of evil but not by simply just killing them with a Notebook. :/ But he's interesting...because he managed to get the best of L and fool Rem which makes him a genius and at times I loathed him, especially L's death, he was interesting in his own ways and his character seems like an ironic one.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

[B]Yeah I know what you mean. I kind of felt bad for Light even to be honest...but I was happy at the ending as Near won. XD[/B]

I would own and use it, because, there are criminals that can walk freely on the street without caring about the law. Guess that makes me a bad person in some peoples opinion, but, we all have different sight of justice.

It doesn't but yes, we do. I tend think more like L, Near, and even Mello on justice part. :p

That's makes two of us she has to chase ^^

YES....but I will inherit L and Near's intellect to track you both down. >:3

And I'm quite the deep thinker like both Near and L are. :p

Candylanger

Awards
Interesting. Most people I know including I, myself chose Misa. But the fact that you chose Matsuda is pretty interesting because as much as I actually like Matsuda and he actually owns the scene near the end, he was annoying at times and I know what you mean as there are times, I got upset with him just because and it's like, "Matsuda, pay attention!" lol and sometimes, he's like the light-hearted character aside Misa that made the anime just seem more light-hearted at times. XD
Misa didn't bother me as much as Matsuda, maybe because she didn't have to worry about catching Kira, and try to solve the puzzles that are there. The only thing she had to be worry about is not getting captured by the police, in which Light help her with that.

I would of liked Light too but the thing that annoys me about him is that he thinks he "God." and although I'd like to get rid of the world of evil doing, he was quite the ironic one in the show as he actually used the Death Note for his own justice but his justice differates from L and Near's....and although I prefer their way, I could relate to Light in wanting to get rid of the world of evil but not by simply just killing them with a Notebook. :/ But he's interesting...because he managed to get the best of L and fool Rem which makes him a genius and at times I loathed him, especially L's death, he was interesting in his own ways and his character seems like an ironic one.
The God part actually got worse in the second part of the series, and it was because of that he got a minus. One thing that's good with him, and it's a trait that I have too, is that he analyzes his opponent and people around him, and he use that to his advantage .

YES....but I will inherit L and Near's intellect to track you both down. >:3

And I'm quite the deep thinker like both Near and L are. :p
Thing is, I am a smart and a deep thinker, so, you might have problem tracking me ^^

Danica Syer

Misa didn't bother me as much as Matsuda, maybe because she didn't have to worry about catching Kira, and try to solve the puzzles that are there. The only thing she had to be worry about is not getting captured by the police, in which Light help her with that.

She was the lucky one but then again, in the end, she killed herself....so I was like "Meh." lol and plus she was too desperate to be Light's girl, I would of looked past Light and saw that he's not worth drooling over. As smart as he may be, he was just blah but then again, she was blind.

The God part actually got worse in the second part of the series, and it was because of that he got a minus. One thing that's good with him, and it's a trait that I have too, is that he analyzes his opponent and people around him, and he use that to his advantage .

Sadistic as it sounds, I was happy to see his downfall but of course that's a good trait to have, as I have that trait too although I don't act like I do.

Thing is, I am a smart and a deep thinker, so, you might have problem tracking me ^^

You sound confident that I can't but I'm confident I can learn and have my ways...so I could even if you doubted me for a second. I, as well am a deep thinker.

I want to join! i love death note!
Joinage granted to you. :D

Last edited:

Candylanger

Awards
She was the lucky one but then again, in the end, she killed herself....so I was like "Meh." lol and plus she was too desperate to be Light's girl, I would of looked past Light and saw that he's not worth drooling over. As smart as he may be, he was just blah but then again, she was blind.
The thing is, I don't think that she focus on that he was smart, I think that she focus more on that he looked cute and that they both had a Death Note, and she admired him for his goals.

Sadistic as it sounds, I was happy to see his downfall but of course that's a good trait to have, as I have that trait too although I don't act like I do.
It's a good trait to have, if you manges to use it right, but of course, the "right" part differs between people

You sound confident that I can't but I'm confident I can learn and have my ways...so I could even if you doubted me for a second.
I'm fully aware that if I doubt for one second, I would be in trouble, I rarely underestimate my opponents.

Danica Syer

The thing is, I don't think that she focus on that he was smart, I think that she focus more on that he looked cute and that they both had a Death Note, and she admired him for his goals.

Oh I knew that and yes, alot of girls who like Light can see that as he acts and displays his "good charming self" on the outside even though they have watched the show and know his real self, still I think she was blindingly in love because of how he treats her and even though, he doesn't like her, she still doesn't care because her "love" for him is blind. I admire her bravery to admire him for that but find it pathetic.

It's a good trait to have, if you manges to use it right, but of course, the "right" part differs between people

I agree with you on that. The right part at the very least.

I'm fully aware that if I doubt for one second, I would be in trouble, I rarely underestimate my opponents.

I completely agree with this as well, with that being said, it's always best to be on guard but I'm just speaking about in terms of real life.

Getting on the lighter side (hence the word 'light'), I've been meaning to ask: What did you think of the L and Misa scenes? XD

Candylanger

Awards
Well, the L scene was always full of fully well-though theories that would let many people become like "Uh, what did he just say there", and his way to sit is quite funny, but, I notice that if I do the same, I think a little better (Weird, I know ^^), so, I enjoyed every L scenes. The Misa scenes wasn't so enjoyable, they got me like "damn it, why can't you just be a little bit less involved in Light, so that you don't destroy his ideas", although, I like it when she was in a "YAY" mood.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
actually Misa was one of my favorite characters

not that I like her personality but I appreciate the series all the more if not for her

also joining

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'd like to join this...

But, there's no Matt option in the poll...

I'll join anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back