• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Days of Our Pr0n

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Completely bullcrap, considering you fanfics are the king of spamdom Cloud Unchained. You post one repetitive fanfic about a character you didnt create, and 99.99% of your fanfic threads are spam with random silly comments that make no sense whatsoever to a normal person. Weather your fanfics are good or bad is totally up to the reader, but I feel you have no right to post these absurd comments. While spamful, your fanbase is halfway decent, you might have less readers then Ryu, but not even by a large margian, especially since your fanbase of a dozen people have posted enough for 30 or 40 people.

Milkman hasn't EVER posted in the fanfic forum, but he just so happens to read yours.

Suspicious? Let's delve deeper.

Xell

Same case as Milkman. I can name more if you'd like.

PIG.
squall_leonheart
The Scarecrow
Mikail
Banishing Blade

Many of them read mine too? Why? A) I ask them through the chat. B) They are my friends, they are Ryu's friends. Why shouldnt they read their friends works? Seriously, I get extra posts in my graphics threads alot because all of my friends wanna see my works.

My arguement is that because you have a higher position in the forum, people are more attracted to read yours than read other member's stories because we aren't known around the forum. I consider it discrimination. I see your fanbase (other than Megaflare, Monkey, Darky, Kairigirl, and jk4eva) as the bandwagon and everyone had jumped in.

How is that discrimination?

discrimination
n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice [syn: favoritism, favouritism] 2: the cognitive process whereby two or more stimuli are distinguished [syn: secernment]

No one has said "Cloud Unchained is a normal member so his fanfiction sucks". That is totally irellavent. People read Ryu's fanfics either A) Because they are his friends. B) It has gained popularity due to its satire of KHInsider. or C) Its plain good or interesting. I'm a moderator, probably more well known then Ryu at times, and yet some of my fics have gotten no attention whatsoever.

Did you fail to realize that everyone in the bandwagon might not even know who some of those characters might be?

Then why do most of them do? And even if they didnt, why do they come back? Because they like the story. They dont just come back because "Everyones reading it lol"

I've read the fic and I found it quite amusing. But what really ticks me off is that people would just come here to read YOUR story and disregard all of the other writers who are barely getting by with three or four readers.

They dont read it because its his story, they read it because they feel its enjoyable. You are right though that many fanficers get bye with minimal readers, but thats the way the game is played, you catch the attention of that audience, and thats what Ryu has done, with his KHI Satire. Why didnt Raito's do as well? Simply because it was a "been there done that" to Ryu's, and Raito is a moderator is he not? Heck, I have to FORCE even my friends to read my longest fic so far, there are only a few who actually check on the thread without me going up to them and saying "Yay i updated!!" It has nothing to do with the author's name, but the story itself.

No offences, but I feel that this needed to be pointed out.

Of course it is. Ryu, Monkeybutt, and Flare are the Holy Trinity of KHI as we know it.

So if we read it everyone does? Far from it my friend, its because we are in it instead. Ryu placed us in the stories in a comical satiristic situation, thats why people read it. It has people they know, but a story about them. They read it because it interests/relates to them, not because a mod made it.

I see your point, but I'm trying to say is that the members that I had listed as "bandwagon" members are destroying the spirit of reading fics.

How in the world are they destroying any spirit whatsoever. Explain or this has no point whatsoever. "Spirit of fics" Har

but if people are going to read Ryu's fic only because he is a mod that's discrimination.

discrimination
n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice [syn: favoritism, favouritism] 2: the cognitive process whereby two or more stimuli are distinguished [syn: secernment]

It could be close to favoritism but its not, they are reading it because A) The know the people in this fic, or B) They enjoy the fic. Not because ___ fic is better then ___ fic because ___ wrote it.

And for us regular/premium members who are writing for an audience of four, it seems as if we're given the cold shoulder.

What about me? Raito? No sense whatsoever. You cant be getting the cold shoulder because of your discrimination, possibly people have no interest in your fanfics whatsoever. That is most likely why. That doesnt necessarily mean yours, or mine, is worse. That has nothing to do with the popularity of Ryu's fic.

You cant say your invention is being neglected because someone else's is getting hyped, thats childish.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
o.0

Ryu, your fic has become quite the controversial topic. Shall we move it to ID instead? XD -take sout paper and pen- May I have your autograph?

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Hey, yeah, Ryu! UPDATE! FTW! HTFU! >=D

I want your diver's license, social security card, and any other additional information that will aid me to get you to conclude the next installment.

Wait, do Dutchmen have social security as well? o_O

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
monkeybutt said:
What monkey said. It's too much to quote.

Alright. I understand your point, and I made an ass of myself. I guess it turns out that I was just jealous of my small fanbase.

Sorry for bringing my point up in the first place. Keep it up Ryu.

P.S.

More Son of Sam jokes.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cloud_Unchained said:
Alright. I understand your point, and I made an ass of myself. I guess it turns out that I was just jealous of my small fanbase.

Sorry for bringing my point up in the first place. Keep it up Ryu.

P.S.

More Son of Sam jokes.

Your awesome enough to admit it.

PS, A Word of Advice: Your fanfics have potential, just advertise to the certain market your interested in.

Ryu you lazy sult, update. Who cares about Rikku Only FFX Playthrough when poor little Monkee must avenge the death of his fellow kinsmonkeys.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
VersionX said:
Oh, and by 2/3, my guesses are he meant 2 or 3 others, not two thirds of the others.
^ that is in fact correct. 2 or 3 others, not 66,6% of all readers.

As for your examples, CU, I told Banishing Blade about the fic, he didn't even know it existed until he heard about it from Raito, whom I had told about the fic myself as well if I recall correctly. I can't speak for the other members, and I don't feel like being mad at them either because there might be a chance that they were trying to suck up.

Cloud_Unchained said:
I see your point, but I'm trying to say is that the members that I had listed as "bandwagon" members are destroying the spirit of reading fics. I have no problem with you Darky, but if people are going to read Ryu's fic only because he is a mod that's discrimination. And for us regular/premium members who are writing for an audience of four, it seems as if we're given the cold shoulder.

Like I said before, the majority of the people who posted here are the ones I mentioned my fanfic to personally. And I do see your point, and I agree that a lot of fanfics go unnoticed while they shouldn't. I can't determine for sure whether a random member who posted here, did it because the story was written by a mod, but I don't think that is the case with any of them. Maybe the title appealed to them because it's an unusual title, maybe it attracted them because it stood out between a lot of other fanfics, while they are usually not interested in reading fics, maybe because I am an irregular to the fanfic section too, or maybe like Darky said, they were interested because it contains references from the forum itself.

I do see why you're annoyed by the possible reason that someone might've read this because it was written by a mod, and frankly I don't blame you, but neither of us can do anything about it, even if that was someone's motivation for reading it. True, I'd prefer it too if people read my fanfic because the story appeals them, rather than the color of my name, but I can't do anything about that. Ban them for forum discrimination? Forbid irregulars to the fanfic section to read fics by mods because they might be sucking up?

I too am an irregular to the fanfic section, and the only fics I've read were the ones made by people who asked me to read them, for example monkeybutt's. I've started reading some other fics a long time ago, including your Rikku fic, CU, but I never got to finish it for the same reason I don't even start on most fanfics. Because they take up a lot of time.

Cloud_Unchained said:
Your fanbase > mine. I should be jealous of you. :l

Cloud_Unchained said:
P.S.

More Son of Sam jokes.

He's already on my list of going-to-be-included characters.

Darky Dee said:
Wait, do Dutchmen have social security as well? o_O
Well.. duh. >.>

Keyblade Shards said:
Ryu, your fic has become quite the controversial topic. Shall we move it to ID instead? XD -take sout paper and pen- May I have your autograph?

On the paper? Aww. ):

*cough*

Either way, I hope we have this discussion settled. No hard feelings, yes? I'll start making the next chapter soon, all additional comments about the fanfic are still welcomed, as always. Rate, hate, appreciate.

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Darky Dee said:
Monkey can't repopulate his species by himself!

That would be interesting to see. OMG! Theory! Maybe that is how Monkey's species will come back at the end of the story!111!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No one shall no my secret plot. <.< The future of monkeekind shall not be revealzored.

Awards
Cloud_Unchained said:
If you told only 1/3 of your readers personally about your fic, don't you think that you'd only have 1/3 of the members you have now? No, because the forum members are biased. They're only reading it because you're a mod and trying to get on your good side.

Let's look at it this way:

Milkman.

Milkman hasn't EVER posted in the fanfic forum, but he just so happens to read yours.

Suspicious? Let's delve deeper.

Xell

Same case as Milkman. I can name more if you'd like.

PIG.
squall_leonheart
The Scarecrow
Mikail
Banishing Blade

How the heck do you know if he actually went up to these people and Asked them to read it himself!? I was confronted by Ryu, and he asked me to read it. So I Did.
Squall, Pig, Xell, Mikail, BB wouldn't have just come here to read it because a Mod wrote it, rather because their Friend wrote it. Also, Ryu was advertising it in the Chat, which I disticntly remember. Some of the people in your list were also there at the time.

If you want me or anyone else to read your story(s), come and ask them. Don't just expect people to come to you automatically all the time.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Oh wow. This is sooooo old. Yeah, Ryu said he would finish, but never did. T_T I want to know what happens to Horaito. D: He and the guy dressed in red are planning something!

Ryu

an obscene gesture
ZOMIGO

I swear I will finish it someday, do you really think I would let a masterpiece such as this go to waste? srsli now.

Hm, I might get started on a new chapter this week..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back