• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Darksides at the end of the TGS trailer...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeyper97

Okay, out of all the things in this trailer that have made the gears in my head turn, one of the things I find myself focusing on is the very end. We see a whole bunch of Darksides lifting (or offering up?) a bunch of glowing, dark orbs into one giant similar sphere, all merging together and whatnot.

From what we know about the lore and where 0.2 is in the timeline, would I be correct in assuming that what we are actually seeing is the stolen hearts of the worlds merging together to form the first artificial Kingdom Hearts? That's the only thing I can think of that this scene is showing, and I would LOVE it if I was correct. Like, we've seen the second Kingdom Hearts being formed from people, but seeing the worlds' hearts coming together would be new and insanely awesome. I haven't seen/heard a lot of discussion about this part of the trailer, so I thought it would be good to bring it up and see if everyone else went down the same road of thought that I did.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
This is left highly ambiguous, as there's similarities to multiple elements of the series here. The Darkside's orbs never are shown to hone hearts inside them, and that giant sphere is, indeed, just a giant ball of darkness. How do we know this? Because that very same type of orb is what was shown to swallow up the destiny islands. It's probably just a giant ball of evil rather than anything else, but it DEFINITELY needs to be stopped.

Also, this scene looks eerily similar to the scene where Mickey wipes out the heartless at the end of the original Kingdom Hearts, implying that she may have had a role in making sure that Ansem's plan failed. Maybe she was doing good after all and she didn't know it. This paragraph's all speculation, though.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This is left highly ambiguous, as there's similarities to multiple elements of the series here. The Darkside's orbs never are shown to hone hearts inside them, and that giant sphere is, indeed, just a giant ball of darkness. How do we know this? Because that very same type of orb is what was shown to swallow up the destiny islands. It's probably just a giant ball of evil rather than anything else, but it DEFINITELY needs to be stopped.

Also, this scene looks eerily similar to the scene where Mickey wipes out the heartless at the end of the original Kingdom Hearts, implying that she may have had a role in making sure that Ansem's plan failed. Maybe she was doing good after all and she didn't know it. This paragraph's all speculation, though.

I never actually considered the fact that Aqua could have been at least part of what happens towards the end of KH1. I want that now too lol.

But yeah that is the same kind of sphere that appeared with Darkside in KH1. I kind of thought it was just something it could kind of...do? But it could also be tied to the hearts of worlds. I could see both really lol.

EchoFringe49

Whay if we're seeing the formation of the end of the world? In the trailer it looks like Aqua visits Enchanted Dominion, Castle of Dreams and Dwarf Woodlands which are all parts of the end of the world. Maybe Aqua was involved in stopping it somehow

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Whay if we're seeing the formation of the end of the world? In the trailer it looks like Aqua visits Enchanted Dominion, Castle of Dreams and Dwarf Woodlands which are all parts of the end of the world. Maybe Aqua was involved in stopping it somehow

1. Stopping what? The End of the World? Because she wasn't, that can't be. The End of the World is a world from the realm of light, not darkness, and she certainly didn't stop it from happening.

2. When was it ever said that these three worlds specifically were part of it? Yeah, sure they were, but so were a bunch of others. So what?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, I assume that is Darksides way of getting to the worlds power source, the heart. Reaching your hand deep into the ground, and ripping pieces of the heart with your bare hands.

Michael Mario

It does seem like that's the case. That and/or they're building the End of the World to reach said heart. Think of it as a high-stakes game of Wrecking Crew: the Darksides are the Eggplant Men construction workers (through having taken a lot of steroids... like, all of them), Ansem SoD is Foreman Spike (fitting given they're both massive jerks), and Mickey and Aqua are the Mario and Luigi wrecking his diddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back