• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Daily Show/The Colbert Report

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Well, I did a search, and the most recent thread that I found pertaining to either of the two shows was made over two years ago, so...here we are. However, if a mod feels that this thread is an excessive repeat, they may certainly close it.

Anyways, the shows are kind of everywhere. Both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have come out with books, as well as several other cast members. Now, some of the cast members have moved onto other things (Steve Carell, Ed Helms, etc.). So my point is, there's plenty to talk about. I don't care if you post your favorite snippets from either of the shows, talk about the books, their appearances on shows like Crossfire or the O'Reilly Factor...whatever. One of my favorite bits from The Daily Show was some time back in March...anyways, John Olliver and the rest of the team decided to have their own polls. Anyways, it was really funny. I'll try and find it.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I don't know much about the daily show but I love the colbert report, simply hysterical.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
The Daily Show is effin' retarded. Honestly.

Now the Colbert Report, on the other hand, makes me laugh.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
My avatar will speak for itself. Though honestly I haven't seen an entire episode of the Colbert Report before, just a few snippets and the end bits after the Daily Show (the back and forths between Stewart and Colbert are epic), and of course the infamous White House correspondents performance. Now the Daily Show I have been watching a lot, love it. Not actually living in the US makes me resort to the internet for downloads, but still, they're worth it.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I love both the Daily Show and The Colbert Report. They're both hilarious to me.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I can't stand colbert. ><
I've seen a few reports and I just don't find him even remotely entertaining.

The daily show is a bit better in my opinion.
It has its moments, but I think they both try way too hard to be funny.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Not actually living in the US makes me resort to the internet for downloads, but still, they're worth it.

I'm glad that you're receiving at least SOME bit of positive representation of America...which is funny, cos the show is devoted to bashing the absurdity of this place, but the end product of the actual show makes me a little less ashamed to be an American.

And Colbert did spectacularly at the White House.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I'm glad that you're receiving at least SOME bit of positive representation of America...which is funny, cos the show is devoted to bashing the absurdity of this place, but the end product of the actual show makes me a little less ashamed to be an American.

And Colbert did spectacularly at the White House.

I don't think the image people have of America in Europe is that bad, people still like the country for what it offers besides the political side, it's just that everyone thinks the Bush administration is filled with douches. :c In that aspect we're no different from Americans. I think that's what makes both shows so succesfull, the fact that it can turn something everybody hates into something everybody can laugh about. Both Stewart and Colbert would seriously be out of a job if the next president turned the country around and got things going again.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
Are Kevin bacon and Tiki Barber writers in Colbert Report?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well i think both shows are amazing on both their aspects. Even though they usually cover similar things they are different when it comes to main points. Main difference is that the Daily Show is more built as a news show. Daily Show is suppose to give you comedy relief on major events happening in the world. Stephen Colbert does similar to this but is more or less bringing you a kind of comedy relief version of something like what CNN airs. I love both shows but if i had to choose my favorite of the two i just have to go with Stephen Colbert. The guy is so hilarious and always acts so arrogant its hilarious. Love his interviews.

C

calvinyou89

I can't stand colbert. ><
I've seen a few reports and I just don't find him even remotely entertaining.

The daily show is a bit better in my opinion.
It has its moments, but I think they both try way too hard to be funny.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Colbert's book was terrible. His show is amusing every once in a while that I catch it.

From what I've heard, The Daily Show used to be better then it is now. But I've only ever seen two episodes or so.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I always liked the Colbert Report more, but they're both funny. It's just that the Colbert Report is far more funnier.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The Daily Show has more sardonic humor and kinda flies over the heads of the younguns and the less politically savvy. It's funny and doesn't need to be bombastic and lulzy like Colbert.

Both are great shows; I kind of consider them one entity since Jon leads right into Stephen's show.

Also, Jon asks excellent questions of his guests.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
I don't like Jon as I used to. He's not as funny as he was before. The best aspect about his show are his correspondents. Jon laugh at his jokes too much. Most of the time Stepehen can keep a straight face. For me, I prefer The Colbert Report.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I love both.

God, when did politics get so funny?

Personally I prefer Colbert, though, because he comes off as narcissistic, bold, and sometimes wacky in what he says. Basically, he makes me laugh more often than not just because of his unique presentation.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I think both do what they intend to do. Add comic relief to a nation that needs to laugh every now and then expectially when talking about politics. Jon Stewert and the Daily Show as I said are more of a typical news show. Jon does interviews that are sometimes rather informing and well thought-out. I think Daily Show is providing a consevative look at the world's events. On the other hand Colbert adds the liberal way of looking at things. You almost have two different intakes for one situations while watching the shows. Both shows are amazing and Colbert is hilarious which why I give the edge to him. Of course if I had to go to one for any type of news I would have to pick the Daily Show.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Daily Show...
...consevative

FUCKING LAWL.

Stewart himself has said on many occasions that his viewers take his show as a news source but that it isn't intended to be one. And just because The Daily Show isn't lulzy ( not to rebuke anyone posting here before me ), doesn't mean it isn't as funny. It has it's own sort of black and dry humor especially from Jon that has kept the show going for all these years. It's really a preference of how you like your comedy delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back