• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Cyan Sages: Awakening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Flynn had done it. He escaped detection. This was his first time. He never pulled off a assasination without being nearly captured.
Flynn was resting underneath a tree on the cliffs outside of the city. His head rested against the grass. Then he extended his consciousness down into the cliff, His sword was still buried in it's original position.

Flynn then reached into the earth and pulled it upward forming a rectangular cube of earth behind him. He turned around and his sword was placed right behind him at the edge of the cube. Flynn then plunged the earth back into the original position after he extracted the sword carefully. He pulled it over his back and then plunged into the emeral shoots again. Unrolling a bedroll, he plunged right into it and fell into his realm of dreams.

Last edited:

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
The two Sages and Verisipholes were arguing right outside the city, they seemed to be talking, but Kato did not want to alert them, so he followed behind them at 2 miles, using two dimensional holes to watch the odd group. The dimensional hole that spied on the group was about half a mile away, and so no sound made it to Kato's ears. He cursed wondering what was going on there. He then had an idea and created a small dimensional hole right in the center of the group, the hole so small only sound could get through, the other side right next to Kato's ears.

"My inquiry is this, then. I have no doubt that you have many pieces of your ultimate intention lined up, but even you should not be able to honestly deny the fact that you will experience great resistance from Elrick and the other Sages." Was the first thing that Kato heard, the conversation continued for a little bit, Aeora said that she wanted to join Mephisto, Kato assumed that this was Verisophiles, since he had seen the man known as Damien before, and since Aeora was looking at Verisophiles as he spoke.

The next thing Kato saw was some guy rushing in with a sword that seemed there, but gone at the same time. "hmm, interesting, some idiot this guy is." Kato smiled, this was getting interesting he thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~Tarin~~~~~~~~~
"You have something you want to tell me?" The young Acolyte said to Tarin. Tarin smiled to himself, thinking just how this guy did not belong with the Acolytes at all.

"Actually i do Kid, you really don't seem like the Acolyte type, i'm suprised you even made it. You seem to be able only to use your magic as an augment, and you don't seem to be able to use your magic in external uses in that way. I didn't mean to say it to you, but you made me. So, please don't get mad. In a battle of magic, a swordsman can never beat a mage. And a mage who can use external mgic can always beat a mage who can only augment. So, what i am trying to say is that you are undeserving of an acolyte Position, if you must, challenge me. If so, you will learn that you are no match for a real Magic User."

Tarin felt kinda bad, but the kid had made him, and Tarin's mind always studied every single detail of a person. Those things could tell you the exact motives, and just what a person thought. It could tell bits of who they were.

Last edited:

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
The blonde man smiled as he answered Kanza's question."Actually i do Kid, you really don't seem like the Acolyte type, i'm suprised you even made it. You seem to be able only to use your magic as an augment, and you don't seem to be able to use your magic in external uses in that way." The man then proceeded to warn Kanza that he would lose if they fought.

"Oh really?" Kanza asked boldly, "no one gets away with doubting me". The man clearly seemed to think that all he could do with his fire was lace objects with it, a stupid assumption. The deck's temperature rose dramatically hotter as Kanza moved his hand in a circular motion. In the blink of an eye orbs of fire surrounded them, circulating under Kanza's control."Do you still doubt my ability?" he asked. This wasn't close to Kanza's full power but it was a show nonetheless.

Last edited:

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
Tarin smiled hugely, "Hmm, not bad, guess you had more than appeared, not just all muscles. But, still nothing special." Tarin's grin grew as Linstras and Irinia appeared in his hands, Irinia in his right hand, Linstras in his left. "Now, let's see what we can do about this heat, oh, hmm." The area around Tarin turned into a giant water bubble, Tarin's mind creating it. The orbs of fire instantly extinguished Tarin's breath still coming easy, and the heat in the air heating up the outside of the bubble, the waters tempature near freezing. The next thing Tarin did was change the scenery, locking him and Kanza in a world inside of Tarin's mind, his imagination.

"This" Tarin said indicating the forest around them. It was a forest of pine trees, the two of them were in a clearing, the sun was shining. "Is my true power, to bring others into my imagination. You can't beat me here. This is my domain, i can do anything here. Watch." Tarin thought, not even a second, and an elephant popped up behind him. "See? I can do whatever i want in here. In real Life, i can only alter an area around me, but i can take an enemy into my imagination. So, are you still gonna fight me?"

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
From his vantage point above the city, Hornir saw the sudden storm rise and hit the port of Valorus, by its speed and ferocity clearly the product of a Sage, Raylin or Damien depending. Hornir watched the storm build and toss about the docked ships impassively, seemingly caught up in its own mounting fury. Such displays of power from the Sages often rendered each other redundant--a low-level hurricane and an incoming tsunami were hardly complementary in the same time and space. Mephisto would have criticized it, said it was far too much power for so small a target; but Hornir felt differently from his erstwhile companion. To his view, where the goal was mass destruction, there could be no such thing as gratuitousness--power fed upon power, and in the end analysis that was all that mattered. But the storm must have had some other objective, because it died down just as suddenly as it had begun, without drowning the port or the surrounding ships, and out of its decline Hornir saw Elrick's ravens wheeling off further inland, following some invisible path out of the city and into the surrounding plains. It seemed whatever goal had brought the Sages here was now escaping in that direction, and it was probable that the progenitor of the storm had followed. Well enough....

Hornir shifted two black spheres in the palm of one hand, rotating them around each other, careful not to let either touch, like the ancient medicine balls Aeora occasionally used in her meditations. Each was a condensed portal, an opening into a passageway Elrick had constructed from pure darkness, leading to one of the two sites the Sages considered most likely that Verisophiles would flee to--one to the capital city of Rhalla, the other to the underground haven of Klax. He had given two to each Sage in the unlikely event that Verisophiles should escape to either and the Sages would need to move quickly to intercept him. At the moment, Hornir rolled both between his fingers, unsure of which, if either, to crush and activate. He found it doubtful Verisophiles would make the strenuous overland route to either site with even one of the Sages in pursuit, but Elrick had insisted on unusual caution in his taking. It would not do to let the matter rest on assumption.

Still, he concluded, there remained one matter of business and pleasure to finish in the city before rejoining the pursuit. Locating that shifting fault line five miles out and below the ocean's surface, Hornir felt out the magma building between the two plates, forces he had set in motion and left to follow their natural courses. He decided now to give those natural courses a sort of a push. A shrug of power was sufficient to break the magma through the surface crust, and the heatened plate slipped, falling just a few meters relative to its neighbor. Those few meters displaced, quite literally, an ocean of water, and as the ocean surged in to fill its gap, the displacement rippled outward, a rough circle of a wave spreading out from the epicenter of the quake, soon a mile and more in diameter. Most of that wave went out into the deeper sea, gaining in speed and volume until it crashed into distant shores. Part of the wave, however, drove straight inland, building in height rather than length, toward the still shocked and bloodied city of Valorus.

There were no warning bells, no calls of alarm, as the first swell approached the city. Under the chemical glare of fireworks and the mingled sounds of songs and joyous explosions, half of the city was not even aware of the Sages' presence or the happenings along its coast. As the wave approached, dark against the black sea and horizon, it pulled the tide back from the docks, taking along some of the less securely moored ships and wrecks left over from Damien's hurricane. There were, perhaps, a few shouts and screams of shock from onlookers as the ships were pulled suddenly twenty meters into the air, silhouetted against a swell now too large to be clearly visible, but these came too late. And as the wave came in, cresting and falling, a mass of devouring black water descended upon the city, pulverizing the remaining ships at dock, spilling irresistibly into the streets and alleyways, filling every courtyard, crevice and hiding place. The human buildup, more than half of the city's population who had descended for the festival, was swept up and carried away, or dragged beneath and drowned, like chaff and straw being purified from the streets. Buildings that could not withstand the strain buckled in and collapsed as well, forming temporary dams that diverted the water and then disintegrated and flowed away themselves in person-sized chunks.

A second, and then even more devastating third wave came in, but by then Hornir was moving swiftly away from the doomed city, the black sphere labeled 'Klax' crushed in the palm of his hand.

(OOC: Apologies if this changes anyone's field of play still in Valorus, but I intended to describe only the tsunami's general effects; how your individual characters handle themselves in the mayhem is entirely open.)

Last edited:

kingdomkey96

"Hmm, not bad, guess you had more than appeared, not just all muscles. But, still nothing special." said the man with a wide grin. He summoned two weapons in his hands. A gun that seemed like any other gun and a sword with a black blade and red handle. An odd power emanated from them, Kanza had a knack for sensing strong forces. The area around Kanza became entrapped in a ball of water, consequently extinguishing his orbs.

Kanza was still shocked at the man's ability when the scenery changed. The ships, water, shore, everything was replaced by a forest. The night sky was replaced by a shining sun. "This is my true power, to bring others into my imagination. You can't beat me here. This is my domain, i can do anything here." An elephant popped up in the back of the blonde man, proof of his power. He asked Kanza if he still believed that he would win in a fight. "No," said Kanza admittedly. He knew that this power was too great, unfathomable almost. Yet he wondered if whatever happened to him in here would happen outside. "You can let me out now," Kanza said dryly, trying as best he could to sound unimpressed.

"Uhh," Kanza said softly. He could feel that something big was happening in the real world.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Seru looked at both of the men and waggled its finger, causing the entire scene to shake and then like glass, shatter, spilling magic all over the place which seemed to just blow away into nothingness. "That was pretty nifty, but we all have better things to do than watch you play around in imaginary worlds." Seru pointed at the obvious and shook its head. WE really should leave, or rather you two should, I'm doubting you can stop it, but then again..."

The water was rising and fast it had bubbled up and raged through the city and streets, taking out just about anything in its path, but Seru only felt a twang of sorrow for those that had died, it didn't know any of them, and it didn;t really care, but death was nothing to merely look passed as if it had little or no meaning. "This is seriously ridiculous."

Seru floated upward and moved out unto the sea where the water was moving ever closer and raised one of its hands. The effects were instant and the water just stopped in its tracks, frozen in a rift of broken magic that caused it to rage and swirl inside itself, water leaking from the sides and continuing on to fall short at the bottom of Seru. After a few moments Seru used its other hand and waved at the water, which seemed to have relocated and dropped it down into the water already present with a crash that made the water ripple and then calm itself.

"You learn anything boys??"

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Ever since discovering the true nature of the relationship between the Blue Souls and the Olden Beast--and being shaken to his very core, watching the story that he had built for himself crumble away helplessly--Mephisto swore never to leave his mental guard so weak again.

The shock of the revelation had crippled him for days afterwards, stealing the speech from his throat, the color from his hair, and all thought from his head. Since recovering from that moment, he had spent an entire two years' time constructing an impregnable mental barricade....which led him not to surprise, but suspicion upon hearing Aeora's sudden denunciation of the Cyan Sages.

While not an overstated fact, it was well-known amongst his former comrades that he and Aeora had both pondered philosophy and life's meaning; to have her suddenly forsake her former alliances was far too convenient an opportunity for Elrick not to have had some hand in it.

At the same time, however, she had left him little choice in the matter; death, while a convenient strike against the Sages' plans, would ultimately be only a temporary delay. That would simply not suffice, else he would have actually allowed himself to be slain by the Acolytes. Mephisto's only remaining option was to accept an offer that had a higher likelihood of being a deception than an offer of genuine help. Yet even a Sage's deceptions, Mephisto silently mused, might be manipulated in turn.

He decided to accept Aeora's offer, not only because it was the only remaining option for him to take, but because the assistance of a Sage, be it genuinely given or otherwise, was definitely a welcome asset. Before a single word could escape Mephisto's lips, however, the sudden addition of another presence, signified by another set of noticeably more hurried electrical impulses, directed his attention farther down the road behind him. The dying echo of a shout that reached his ears only confirmed that preliminary warning he sensed.

Recalling the exact intensity and frequency of the waves, he flooded the area both on and above the road--so as to affect both Damien and the new arrival--with a wave of electrical impulses designed to both deafen and confuse. Mephisto then wasted neither time nor breath in replying to Aeora's proposal: "You give me little choice, Aeora....yet I need none; I welcome your proposed alliance." He grinned as the words left his lips--genuinely--for he would now have the power of two Blue Souls at his disposal.

He continued, "I knew from the beginning that you were able to see the truth. Accompany me to Klax, or meet me there, if you choose; I have a workshop hidden near the city, and a residence hidden within. There, I will be able to better discuss my intentions with you, without any hostile ears listening."

He turned back towards Damien and the unidentified intruder with an expression of mild distaste. "If you are able to provide us both with a more direct method of transportation, I would be grateful to you indeed. If not, there is no difficulty, but I have no desire to waste either of our time addressing unnecessary diversions."

kingdomkey96

The world around Kanza was shattered but not by the man's doing."That was pretty nifty, but we all have better things to do than watch you play around in imaginary worlds."said the suit of armor that Kanza still assumed was a woman. Pointing her finger she said that they needed to leave. Kanza followed the direction of her finger to see something unbelievable. A tower of water, taller than the largest buildings Kanza had ever seen threatened to collapse on them. Kanza's brown eyes opened wide as he saw the water conquering the city in a way no army could. The city would have no survivors he realised.

He looked around towards where the other acolytes were but all he saw was smoke and shimmering light-a sign that they had all teleported themselves away."Gee guys thanks for saving me," he said sarcastically. Kanza was just about ready to unleash the full power of his flames, which would atleast give him a fighting chance. However, the armor floated towards the water and using her magic, the water was frozen, swirling within itself and just as easily she dropped it back creating but a small crash then calm."You learn anything boys??"she asked.

He did. He learnt that whoever or whatever was in that armor was powerful. He also learnt that the sages were ruthless, willing to kill an entire town to further their goals. They sickened Kanza and this action did nothing but increase his hatred of them.He clenched his fist and closed his eyes. "These people will be avenged," he muttered, resolve burning in his eyes.

(OOC I tried to use the colour for Uby Ty's lines but it just didn't work sorry.)

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
Tarin's mind went blank as he stood there, broken out of is own dimension inside his head. "That was pretty nifty, but we all have better things to do than watch you play around in imaginary worlds."

"how the fcuk did you do that? How can anyone have the power to destroy a dimension without even being inside of it, how can you even sense it? What the fcuk are you?" Tarin stared at the armor terrified that any thing had the power to destroy a whole dimension, even if it was just inside of Tarin's head, it was still a whole dimension. Tarin looked at the wave after The armor had said something, the wave was huge, and it towered over The whole ship.

The armor floated up and above the water, and the water began to swirl around him, and he did something odd, and waved his hand, the next thing Tarin heard was water crashing down and calming. "How the---" Tarin stepped back, a bit frightened, this guy had the power to destroy magic of basically any type it seemed. He had broken through Tarin's magical dimension, and then he destroyed the giant wave. This guy was powerful, and to Tarin he seemed even more powerful than even the Sages. Tarin stared a little longer, and then he stopped and decided to leave, this enigmatic suit of armor was powerful, and he seemed to have an affiliation with the acolytes, but Tarin questioned whether or not he was with the acolytes.

He asked if Tarin and kanza had learned nything, and Tarin had, he learned that he must get more powerful. "Well, i see that if you can break through my magic so easily, that either, i'm weak, or you're one of the most powerful beings in existence, either way i need to train. I understand you're strong, and you probably understand the abilities of my powers better than i. I may be terrified of your power, but i want to learn from you. You seem like me, a neutral entrant, into a power struggle. I think we can benefit each other." Tarin was terrified of the man, and he knew it, he had admitted it to himself already, but he knew this man was powerful and he could teach Tarin much.

Last edited:

A Wicked Dawn

Aeora's gaze did not leave Mephisto during the silence before his response, even as they both noted yet another presence in the area. It would seem we have a mouse in our midst with a fetish for hunting cats, she thought as her mind sought after the power of the presence, deeming it nothing more than an Acolyte. Mice, indeed. Aeora also noticed with thanks that it would seem Damien would not deem it neccesary to act rashly against Aeora's recent words. She silently counted her blessings, if for nothing more than the lack of a diversion.

Almost before Mephisto's words reached her ears she lowered her hand from the hilt of her celestial blade. Perhaps this was simply because she had anticipated his reaction, especially after her threat was introduced into the equation of decision. Though, Aeora figured, it was unlikely he would have declined with or without threat. Even if he suspected foul play, Aeora's words were true - Mephiso would meet great resistance, and even momentary help with roots in subterfuge would be help greatly needed nevertheless. Then perhaps it was desperation that drove them both.

She knew very well that it made little difference to her whom she followed; her goals remained centered around herself, and that had not changed with a shifting of alliances. She did not seek the approval of King or God, just as she did not bow to the will of a sleeping Beast or the screams resounding in her head. Her goals remained her own - self-realization, in what ever form that would take. Previously it was in the form of a Beast. Perhaps it still was, at that; simply laced with veins of rebellion. Whatever the case, her case, it remained in her head. As did most things.

Listening to his words, she also caught a grin which spread across Mephisto's lips and fleetingly fled in the wake of distaste with the disruptors in the region. Although she did not return this, her solemn gaze softened. "I am glad to hear it." This was true enough - it would have been displeasing indeed to have to clean even more blood from her blades. The reuniting of great minds was certainly something to be glad about as well.

To Klax, then. she mused in response to the latter half of his reply. Aeora recalled the time when she was first discovered by the supposedly lucky detectors. Supposedly, because it was not luck at all that drove them to find the mysterious girl meditating amidst the sandy dunes of the Jurmistus desert, appearing to them as if a fallen star, but Aeora's will and Aeora's will alone. Even as a child, this had been ultimately prevelant. That same ethereal power, perhaps even a delusional one if it weren't for its obvious physical consequences, was no doubt what caused the detectors' inexplicable blindness at such a young age. "They simply were not great enough - not evolved enough - to see me then." This cryptic thought was one, not of an adult suffering from a god complex, but that of a child. A certain Blue Souled child with a god complex that was, perhaps, not entirely unfounded.

She liked Klax.

"Actually," said Aeora, appearing to disappear and then reappear closer to Mephisto; unintentionally so that the shoulder on which sat her mask brushed him. This was a quick thing, but nevertheless Aeora was aware that what she heard at the present time would befall her newfound companion - great screams, nearing a roar in both volume and the great amount of apparent pain behind their origin. Perhaps he would not know of their true origin, perhaps he would. Aeora only paid this a small amount of attention before drawing out a black sphere and saying, "I do have a means of transportation. Ironic that this was entrusted to me by none other than Elrick."

Giving no room for Mephisto to respond to either the mental sounds he would have heard or Aeora's perfectly audible and consistently melodic words, she crushed the sphere in her right hand. Her reason for moving closer would soon become evident as shadowy tendrils of darkness extended from the sphere, seeming to have no end as they rapidly engulfed the two in their dark embrace; appearing to consume their forms in an unexpected hunger until, at last, they opened their intended portal to Klax and both Aeora and Mephisto were gone.

kingdomkey96

Kanza looked at the once lively town. Disbelief was etched on his face as he thought that in one short night the sages destroyed this place. There were kids here, moms, dads, families but now it was just a wasteland, a watery grave. He looked at the armor that had protected him with a new respect. "Whoever this person is, she's powerful." he thought to himself. The blonde man who had also been saved was asking or rather pleading for the armor to train him. He seemed in pure awe of the power he just witnessed.

"Pitiful,"Kanza thought to himself. This man was clearly afraid of the armor but it seemed to Kanza he didn't require any training, he already possessed an ability that seemed unbeatable. Kanza believed that this man simply wanted more power, he wasn't fighting for anything. Before the armor reacted at all to the blonde, Kanza cut him off, believing that what he had to say was of more importance.

"Remember the offer you gave me earlier?" Kanza asked boldly, "You said you would be my ally if i became yours. Well I accept your offer. I want you to help me kill every Sage who walks this earth!" he continued powerfully with only one bitter thought in his mind. "So what do you say?" he asked looking straight at the armor, where it's eyes should be.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
A deep sigh of pleasure floated from the suit of glittering gold armor and Seru looked down at Kanza and Terin then it turned around and looked at the waters that were now just drifting as per they usually did. There were only some spots that were still saturated in magick and continued to bubble or simply crash around in a storm pattern in small quantities. "I suppose I'll say yes to you both, but if I help train you Terin, kanza must also agree to be trained alongside you."

The armor glinted, "It seems that you're rather lucky today. I rarely help people, but you two are so perfectly cliche and different from the other bastard humans."

"I'll allow you both to become part of nature and realize the true force that you can draw from within. That or just use another dangerous practice to steal vast amounts of it."

It laughed..."shall we go??"

kingdomkey96

"I suppose I'll say yes to you both, but if I help train you Terin, kanza must also agree to be trained alongside you."said the armor. She said that she would give them the knowledge to become part of nature and help them learn the true force that could be drawn from it. Laughing she asked, "shall we go?"

Kanza did not know what to make of this. An offer to train him? He had experienced training before, in the acolytes' camp. His master there was someone whom he greatly respected but nonetheless he found those days strenuous. "Besides, training with him is not an activity I could bear," he thought as he quickly glanced at Tarin. However, even Kanza found this offer tempting. "Drawing power from nature," he whispered. Thoughts of the power he could gain from the sea,the earth, animals floated around his mind- enough power to defeat the Sages.

His eyes drifted to the under water city, ultimately his decision had already been made. He sighed deeply one last time before he said, "teach me what you know."

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
Tarin was kinda pissed when Kanza had spoke before the armor could speak again. It annoyed him, and he was fairly close to punching Kanza, but the the armor turned, looking at the see then he spoke. "I suppose I'll say yes to you both, but if I help train you Terin, kanza must also agree to be trained alongside you."

Tarin groaned as he heard what he said, and then Kanza agreeed, which made Tarin groan again, but then think about it again, he realized that training with him could be fun, since he could whoop his ass at basiclly anytime. Tarin decided it wasn't such a bad thing. 'Master' spoke again, "It seems that you're rather lucky today. I rarely help people, but you two are so perfectly cliche and different from the other bastard humans." Tarin actually felt proud that he was accepted as his student. He decided that he would do everything in his power to become stronger.

"I'll allow you both to become part of nature and realize the true force that you can draw from within. That or just use another dangerous practice to steal vast amounts of it." When the armor finished speaking, Tarin was confused, wondering what the armor meant by it.

"shall we go??"

"Yeah, i think it's time we go, it seems most of the other key players have also left the city."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back