• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► The CW's The Flash |

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
character_bio_576_flash.jpg

At the Television Critics Association press tour held on July 30th, 2013 CW president Mark Pedowitz confirmed The Flash is being developed and would appear on Arrow. Originally, The Flash was supposed to appear in episodes 8,9, and 20 of Arrow's second season. Episodes 8 and 9 would tell his origin as Barry Allen while episode 20 would mark his costumed debut and serve as a backdoor pilot for his own series. However, shortly before episode 8 aired, it was announced that The Flash would get his own standalone pilot to be aired in the 2014/2015 season. The CW has not confirmed whether or not it will actually pick up the pilot as an actual series.

Since then, there have been numerous developments.

Grant Gustin as The Flash/Barry Allen
Jesse L. Martin has been cast as Detective West, Barry's surrogate father
Rick Cosnett has been cast as Eddie Thawne (Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash)
Danielle Panabaker has been cast as Caitlin Snow (Killer Frost)
Candice Patton has been cast as Iris West
Tom Cavanagh has been cast as Harrison Wells (an original creation for the show)
Hartley Rathaway's (Pied Piper) role remains open.

John Wesley Shipp, the original 1990's Flash, has also joined the project! Details are being kept secret by the network, but if all goes according to plan, his role would be recurring. Jay Garrick anyone?

The Flash pilot is being executive-produced by Arrow's Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kriesberg, and David Nutter. Geoff Johns is writing the episode.

I wrote this mainly because I thought this deserved it's own topic. If the series gets picked up, this thread will serve as a discussion for the series.

Sources:

The CW Developing The Flash as a Spinoff of Arrow - IGN
The Flash Will Now Be a Standalone Pilot - IGN
Arrow: Grant Gustin and the Producers on Bringing The Flash to Life and the Plans for the Spinoff - IGN
The Flash: Grant Gustin and the Producers on the Arrow Spinoff Pilot - IGN
Law & Order's Jesse L. Martin Cast in CW's Flash - IGN
New Casting for The Flash Hints at Professor Zoom and Killer Frost - IGN
The Flash Adds Iris West and Vibe - IGN
Ed’s Tom Cavanagh Joins The Flash Pilot - IGN

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Re: The CW's The Flash Pilot- Jay Garrick cast?!?!?!?!

It would be very interesting how they manage to fit Jay into the show.

If he's already been The Flash...you think we'd have heard about him by now....but if not...makes me wonder how he'll work if he becomes a speedster.

Colour me intrigued.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Re: The CW's The Flash Pilot- Jay Garrick cast?!?!?!?!

It would be very interesting how they manage to fit Jay into the show.

If he's already been The Flash...you think we'd have heard about him by now....but if not...makes me wonder how he'll work if he becomes a speedster.

Colour me intrigued.

Alternate universe shenanigans? When you have a world with alternate universes as a possibility, it's best to establish that fact early imo.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Re: The CW's The Flash Pilot- First Image

I am absolutely thrilled that they kept his little lightning bolts on his ears. I figured they would be the first thing to go.

Also, his cowl looks very interesting. It's very different from Christian Bale's Batman cowl. It looks more flexible and natural.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Well crap
if this show is happening, then the Tommorow people is being pulled and this show will take is slot after Aroww.

That alone makes me not want to watch it but I proably still mabey check it out ..... ehh

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I'm hoping that when there's actual light on the costume, it'll be a brighter shade red (instead of the burgundy that it appears as here). I really don't want this series to have a costume as muted as the one in Man of Steel.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Also, his cowl looks very interesting. It's very different from Christian Bale's Batman cowl. It looks more flexible and natural.
Serves a different purpose. No need to weigh Flash down with an armoured cowl and he can simply side-step a bullet.

I dig it. Flash's costume could look all kinds of retarded on screen but this look ok. It's not bulky looking like Captain America's. I'd like to see it in action under proper lighting.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

I'm glad they decided not to give him the yellow lines like his New 52 incarnation, because they look horrible unless it's being drawn by Francis Manapul.

Hoping it isn't that muted though in the actual show.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Or just have him stand straight lol.

The costume looks awesome though. And I really like that they make a point to have him smiling in these pictures. I don't think I can handle a grim-dark Flash the way they did Ollie in Arrow.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Give me different lighting and a better pose, then I will be able to actually decide if I like that.

Otherwise, looks alright.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I really like how much his symbol stands out. At first, I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't a brighter shade of red, but seeing this view makes it feel more like a costume that an amateur who just discovered his superpowers would put together. If that's what they were going for with this costume, then I rather like it.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

i hope they pull off the impossible and make super-speed look actually cool / not cringeworthy.

dont mention smallville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back