• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Cutscene Graphics in 358/2 Days Later...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tremolo

You know I'm coming when you here a bing!
I've seen from a few screen shots that the game play looks a little blocky. But that makes sense because it's a small screen and there are fewer pixels. But then we've also seen high quality screens for Days Later that are from cutscenes from that game and those looked pixel perfect. Just like PS2 quality.
So will the cutscenes appear all blocky like everything on the DS?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The cutscenes are like PS2 cutscenes

This. They look just like PS2 graphics. Like every KH so far.
And YouTube tends to stretch out the picture and make it even worse. The In-game graphics are also very good.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Um, no. We just told you. The cutscene graphics are just like every other Kingdom Hearts game.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
How is it hard to believe? If a Game-Boy Advanced can give out near-PS2 style graphics, a DS can certainly out do that.
If you really don't believe us, you can look it up on YouTube.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I've seen from a few screen shots that the game play looks a little blocky. But that makes sense because it's a small screen and there are fewer pixels. But then we've also seen high quality screens for Days Later that are from cutscenes from that game and those looked pixel perfect. Just like PS2 quality.

Days has like the best graphics seen on the DS so far, in cutscenes and in gameplay.

Frozura

∞;4252384 said:
Days has like the best graphics seen on the DS so far, in cutscenes and in gameplay.

I will admit on this :) I can't find a game to compare to Days, which means Days is one of the best graphics on a DS I have seen, with the detail of both the character, enemies and the surrounding area. It would be hard to distinguish it from the PS2 at some points. The cutscenes are excellent and I didn't even believe they were from the DS.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Yeah I know all that guys. But there are far less pixels on a DS screen than a TV screen so I'm asking if that makes the cutscenes blocky like the normal gameplay.
They sell episodes of TV shows like Pokemon on DS cartridges; the resolution of the screen is just fine. It's not the number of pixels that make things look blocky on the DS, it's the number of polygons. Prerendered cutscenes don't have to worry about processing polygons, and therefore look significantly better than the in-game graphics - as others have said, they're basically indistinguishable from PS2 quality.

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
yeah, it is about the same as PS2 graphics. when you play the game, it feel just like PS2 graphics.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
The like every one said you cant really tell the difference between the 358/2days and the ps2 kingdom hearts cut scenes... It in my opinion the best looking ds game by far, in game and cut scenes

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
The graphics are great for a DS game, although I wouldn't say they're the best one on a DS game since some others game arn't bad at all (and especially for the prerendered cutscenes where some use CGI and not FMV)

zspek09

Website
instagram.com

No. It appears blocky on some vids because those vids were not compressed to have high-quality. If you go on the official 358/2 Website, square-enix compressed all their vids to show you exactly what the graphics quality will be.

http://square-enix.com/kingdom/days/jp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back