• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Critical Mode Experience Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
Critical really makes you feel like you earn every win. The Titans fight... Good Lord.
I know! I love that I have to really pay attention and form a genuine strategy to survive.
Also, Mickey was hilariously useless during the dark tower battle. He died easier than Donald ever has! Heck, I’m pleasantly surprised Donald isn’t being one-shotted constantly.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Going to be playing more soon! Very pumped up.

Of course it has chip damage in, like, Twilight Town.
The fights themselves aren't too challenging so far. The boss fights I hated before still suck (all of them), mobs are a bit annoying when in big groups, but I'm managing.
Still..please. I just wanna do some goddamn damage.

I don't do the the true, no upgrades, level 1 experience since I always make use of keyblade upgrades and food, so this might not be a huge deal for me like when I did level 1 proud. That's with the exception of the PotC world because you cant formchange for the flying heartless boss fight or the underwater fights, meaning no Hidden Potential ability (still had a fun in all the other fights though, especially Davy Jones).

When you get to that flying heartless fight, can you tell us how it went?

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Apparently when we complete Critical Mode we get "Proof of Times Past". A nice detail is that it seems to have Reaper Wings from TWEWY!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is the End Screen:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Could be a hint they are about to go to the "real" World or just advertising the Super Groupies KH3 collection.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I know! I love that I have to really pay attention and form a genuine strategy to survive.
Also, Mickey was hilariously useless during the dark tower battle. He died easier than Donald ever has! Heck, I’m pleasantly surprised Donald isn’t being one-shotted constantly.

The funny part about the Demon Tower fight is that I didn't know that you get a Situation Command with Mickey until yesterday LOL. The fact that I even had to use it is really impressive in my books.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm not looking forward to the Gigas that I'm gonna have to deal with tonight if last night was anything to go by, lol.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Rapunzel: Mother told me there’d be Critical Mode in the outside world...

...and its just as fucking sick as I always dreamed it would be.

Edit: Whoa, swears don’t get censored anymore. Things have become Mad Max around here ever since Nomura betrayed us all with Kairi. This ok?

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards
The horse in Corona obliderated me. Trampled everyone. Poor Donald wakes up, heals me, then gets killed immediately after. Wakes up again, brings back Rapunzel from the dead, then gets killed. All while I’m running around like a decapitated chicken that can’t figure out how to Block without Dodge Rolling instead. Hardest part so far. I had to hear “What is it with me and horses?” a LOT.
But again, it felt awesome to beat it. In this mode, I can’t just charge ahead and whack the dude and expect that to work out for me. I have to hang back and really think about what I’m doing, really observe the boss’ behavior and patterns and follow the rhythm.
But of course, I sometimes just charge ahead anyway because old habits die hard.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Also, it's really awesome that cooking is actually helpful now. I kept cooking food on Standard/Proud mode beforehand just for the fun of it but never needed the food. Now I'm just barging into the bistro screaming REMY FOR GOD'S SAKE GIMME FOOD SO I CAN LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE. It helps that at this point, I've finally gotten consistently good at cracking eggs.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Also, it's really awesome that cooking is actually helpful now. I kept cooking food on Standard/Proud mode beforehand just for the fun of it but never needed the food. Now I'm just barging into the bistro screaming REMY FOR GOD'S SAKE GIMME FOOD SO I CAN LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE. It helps that at this point, I've finally gotten consistently good at cracking eggs.

Real talk, I've never cooked in this game prior to now. I love it.

Also, I've seen some criticism about the enemies attacking off screen and killing you around, and while I do think that's something that could be tweaked... I actually kinda like it. It adds to the challenge, makes it a bit more unfair, which makes me wanna win even more. I so far am enjoying this immensely.

drew0512

Awards
Also, I've seen some criticism about the enemies attacking off screen and killing you around, and while I do think that's something that could be tweaked... I actually kinda like it. It adds to the challenge, makes it a bit more unfair, which makes me wanna win even more. I so far am enjoying this immensely.
I wouldn't call it unfair if the game does give you enough tools to face more enemies at once. Aero + Buzz Saw is a godsend in this regard (even better than Aero + Thunder). Always take out the big guns first (Ralph in particular is very useful to paralyze enemies) or those with powerful ranged attacks, then it's smooth from there. The key is simply experience and a creative approach :)

HK Motendra

Awards
Man, i remember when i first played through i thought counter shield was the worst formchange. Booooy was I wrong, it can literally block anything. Most underrated for sure

kaseykockroach

Awards
I’m relieved the mechs in Toy Box are, well, at least...feasible?
Just stay in your own mech, basically!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I knew I'd hate the invincibility times of the scythe nobodies, but who would've thunk that I'd despise their stupid vines the most.

Back