• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The crisis core treatment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
IndiesZero made a pretty good game with Melody of Memory. It felt like a traditional game despite being on a different engine. If anyone could do it, it should be them.
IndieZero doesn't really seem to do much beyond rhythm games & other really small titles (IE Big Brain Academy or Sushi Striker). I think the more prudent detail is that thanks to MoM, Square's now got a shit ton of assets loaded into Unity engine including the majority of worlds & enemies from throughout the series history. Almost be a s ahme if that game was all it was ever used for. Hence my early post about a Days remake: hand HAND (somehow no pun intended) the assets & that'd cover a lot of what they'd need right there.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
IndieZero doesn't really seem to do much beyond rhythm games & other really small titles (IE Big Brain Academy or Sushi Striker). I think the more prudent detail is that thanks to MoM, Square's now got a shit ton of assets loaded into Unity engine including the majority of worlds & enemies from throughout the series history. Almost be a s ahme if that game was all it was ever used for. Hence my early post about a Days remake: hand HAND (somehow no pun intended) the assets & that'd cover a lot of what they'd need right there.
The only problematic part for a remaster like crisis core would be that they should use Unreal Engine rather than Unity, since Unreal Engine is better suited for high quality assets and realistic lighting.
Then, since the first games had a stronger focus on 2D movies, they could totally use Unity with KH3 assets and tweak the shading to give a more cartoonish look and feel. Unity is well suited for that kind of things.

For me really, the best reason to have a remaster like crisis core for the old KH titles would be to have one shader for each world, since all the worlds of first entries had a different 2D style. I want to see stop motion for Jack Skellington and Cell shading for Timeless river.

Willow A113

Awards
The only problematic part for a remaster like crisis core would be that they should use Unreal Engine rather than Unity, since Unreal Engine is better suited for high quality assets and realistic lighting.
Then, since the first games had a stronger focus on 2D movies, they could totally use Unity with KH3 assets and tweak the shading to give a more cartoonish look and feel. Unity is well suited for that kind of things.

For me really, the best reason to have a remaster like crisis core for the old KH titles would be to have one shader for each world, since all the worlds of first entries had a different 2D style. I want to see stop motion for Jack Skellington and Cell shading for Timeless river.
That would be awesome to see!!

AegisXIII

Awards
I just had a thought that could indicate a move towards this direction: Missing Link!
We saw in the trailer that we will be visiting Tangled's world. So once again we are going to travel to past worlds to fight heartless like it was in Ux. But the choice of words from which they can recycle assets that run in Unreal Engine is very limited. These are the worlds of KH3 only.
So they will probably have to adapt classic worlds to Unreal Engine (Agrabah, Halloween Town, etc) and that is a huge work. With this hypothesis, maybe the plan was to recreate all worlds in Unreal Engine 4 for the compilations AND Missing Link so that they can justify this move to Square-Enix board. In a sense, Missing Link could be the title that would finance the next gen compilations in Unreal Engine 4.
What do you think?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I just had a thought that could indicate a move towards this direction: Missing Link!
We saw in the trailer that we will be visiting Tangled's world. So once again we are going to travel to past worlds to fight heartless like it was in Ux. But the choice of words from which they can recycle assets that run in Unreal Engine is very limited. These are the worlds of KH3 only.
So they will probably have to adapt classic worlds to Unreal Engine (Agrabah, Halloween Town, etc) and that is a huge work. With this hypothesis, maybe the plan was to recreate all worlds in Unreal Engine 4 for the compilations AND Missing Link so that they can justify this move to Square-Enix board. In a sense, Missing Link could be the title that would finance the next gen compilations in Unreal Engine 4.
What do you think?

They're also using worlds from 0.2, as shown by fighting the Dark Side in Enchanted Dominion's Forest of Thorns

AegisXIII

Awards
They're also using worlds from 0.2, as shown by fighting the Dark Side in Enchanted Dominion's Forest of Thorns
Ah yes true. But even though, this is not a huge amount of worlds. Dark world, Scala, Wreck it Ralph and some KH3 worlds. We also saw an "advent children cloud" as a figurine in the trailer. But it was to small to see if it was the exact same asset than in KH2 or an improved one. If it is an improved assets, then it's a good indication as to whether the series might get the crisis core treatment.

1672762669099.png

Back