• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The creation of Naminé and Roxas makes 0 sense. Please help me.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Well looking at the New Princess, there's tons of insecurities there.. With Kairi, her insecurities could be that she feels too weak to help and responsible for all that's happened to her friends, obviously she wasn't to blame, but she still might have blamed herself.

I thought the same thing. When Elsa came around, I kept thinking, "how on earth is someone that flawed a princess of heart?" I can understand Anna, who has similarities to Alice's willfulness, but Elsa? Characters with flaws are interesting, it doesn't make them one-dimensional, but the in-game mythos about the princesses just set them up to be absolutely perfect and flawless. Pure, charming, beautiful, willful, confident, etc. Elsa falls short of the mark. She's a princes by blood, but by heart? I'm still confused, but if canon says so, I'll accept it.

Rapunzel and her fear of defying her adoptive mother, but that doesn't really count, I guess, since tons of Disney princesses have done things to give their parents heart attacks (sneaking out at night for a carpet joyride with a boy from the streets, living with seven vertically-challenged but still fully grown men without blood relations, breaking curfew, meeting boys in the woods without asking permission, etc...).

Last edited:

zander1995

Awards
She's a princes by blood, but by heart? I'm still confused, but if canon says so, I'll accept it.
The way KH3 makes it sound, being a Princess of Heart isn't just a magical title that's granted, it's also a willful choice made by the princesses: to forgo darkness and keeping their heart pure.

Plus Jasmine in KH1 and Belle in KH2 were far from flawless. Jasmine is passionate, gets angry, isn't afraid to talk back. Belle pretty much elbows a guy in the crotch.

Noivern

Awards
Roxas was born without a heart, and he could use a keyblade, so that's not true.

Edit: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Birth-by-Sleep-Plot-Mysteries-Interview-1364
You are only half right. Roxas did not have a heart of his own when he was born, that is true. But there was a heart in his body from the start as Ventus never left Sora's body.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ventus heart existing in Roxas made it easier/faster for him to grow his own Heart either. And I doubt we'll ever get any answers regarding that since the Roxas/Nobody plot seems to be over, at least for now.

[Just to clarify, yet again: I'm not saying Roxas was USING Ventus heart. Or his Keyblade. Just that his body having a sleeping Heart might have worked as a proxy to let him use Sora's Keyblade until he grew his own]

I'm not so sure about her being able to wield seeing the key difference between her and Roxas is that Sora already could summon his Keyblade while Kairi couldn't when they were created.

Also I don't think, her being a Keyblade wielder would change them trying to use her to manipulate Sora, with her memory powers, though she might have been treated better, seeing she'd be viewed as more valuable. Maybe Larxene and Marluxia would have tried to make her their pawn?

How Riku knew Kairi could wield and summon the keyblade for her is a mystery that I doubt we'll ever get answered.

I don't see how there would be a difference because as far as I understand, the real trait that is passed on are the user's native abilities, and in Sora > Roxas case it was the ability to use the Keyblade. Naminé probably got Kairi's as well but since neither girl ever came close to holding a Keyblade before the climax of 2 (when Naminé's role as a nobody is finished), it was never touched upon.

Now, wheter she still has this ability in her now that she is recompleted and her link to Kairi is probably closed is a whole nother thing lol

but everyone can get a Keyblade nowadays, specially with UX and the Dandelions and their kid soldiers showing you don't really need any special heart stuff, just a proxy lol

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
The way KH3 makes it sound, being a Princess of Heart isn't just a magical title that's granted, it's also a willful choice made by the princesses: to forgo darkness and keeping their heart pure.

Plus Jasmine in KH1 and Belle in KH2 were far from flawless. Jasmine is passionate, gets angry, isn't afraid to talk back. Belle pretty much elbows a guy in the crotch.
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Let's add more into that, shall we?

Snow White: Breaks into people's houses, sleeps in the company of men not related by blood, necrophilia(?)

Cindy: Breaks curfew, slob (tolerates vermin)

Rory: Meets boys in woods without permission (although to be fair, she's probably the purest out of all of them because it's hard to sin when you spend most of your time friggin' SLEEPING)

Belle: Technical physical violence, antisocial behavior

Jazz: Breaks curfew, hitches a joyride with boy of questionable background, ANGEREY

Alice: Trippin' on 'shrooms, civil disobedience, lese majeste, attention deficit

Kairi: Sass

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Roxas was born without a heart, and he could use a keyblade, so that's not true.

Edit: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Birth-by-Sleep-Plot-Mysteries-Interview-1364
The heart in question would be Sora's. Being his Nobody, Roxas has a connection to Sora's heart. Under normal circumstances Sora's Keyblade would be locked away because he's a Heartless. But thanks to Kairi, he wasn't.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ventus heart existing in Roxas made it easier/faster for him to grow his own Heart either. And I doubt we'll ever get any answers regarding that since the Roxas/Nobody plot seems to be over, at least for now.
Going by what DDD established, it seems that hearts are sort of infectious, in that being around a heart helps new hearts grow.
So Roxas having someone's heart inside him from the start would give him a huge boost in that regard.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Naminè should've gotten a Keyblade before Axel did. PERIOD. The guy shouldn't have gotten one in the first place when he has weapons that he still uses. It's...dumb. Hell, Roxas doesn't have an original Keyblade of his own either.

This thread just goes to show how big a trainwreck KH is with their story.

Agreed.

That's what occurs when you have a director that retcons and doesn't plan out the bigger picture ahead of time, adding things in just "because".

KH is ran by a subpar director who has made the series his own brainstorm and idea dump. The fact that we have TWEWY and a faux Noctis in there with faux Stella proves this.

I imagine she was also in Zombie Mode for the first week or two like Roxas. I'm kind of curious as to how neglected she must have been to have such crippling loneliness after just ba month of existing.

She was locked in that room, watched. No one to talk to, no one to be friends with. Just cold adults around. I imagine she saw what friendship and happiness looked like flipping through Sora's memories. And that she lacked it all.

Last edited:

zander1995

Awards
This thread just goes to show how big a trainwreck KH is with their story.
Ehhhh, KH isn't a perfect story, but it's not really a trainwreck, it just leaves a lot up to interpretation instead of explaining every single nitty gritty detail of why everything happens, essentially going "because magic"

I prefer this approach because it also keeps a bit of the Disney Magic going on in the series storyline even while it deviates significantly from that origin.

Back