• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Count Of Monte Cristo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Has, any1 read this book? Is it good cuz I'm going 2 English 2 Honors in 10th grade next year & I have to do this summer reading thing & we all have to read this book for some odd reason. I just wanna know if its good or if its not so that way I can prepare for the better or for the worst ^^;

I've seen some of the anime & it looks really kool but I wonder if the book is good as well. Any comments ppl.....share your thoughts pleez
=D

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
Ouch please don't pass your understanding of this wonderful work of literature on an anime or hollywood production. If you weren't already tainted by what they present to you I would suggest that you read the book before watching any production of the book.

I found the book stunning and captiving beyond other classics that I have read. I rate the book as far superior to anything that could be based off it and would prefer if people read this book as it seems to be one of those great novels that is overshadowed by Shakespeare(No offense he was a great writer but he doesn't deserve all the glory all the time) or Beowulf.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I myself have not had the opportunity to read the story yet, but the version of the movie I watched was not Hollywood but a French production (not that it lends that much more credibility, but judge as you will). I found the story as presented by the movie fascinating, though I always will vote for a book above other mediums, and so imagine the written format must be a treasure.

To the defense of the movie version I did see, however, it was recommended by another who has read The Count of Monte Cristo and also is one who holds to high standards on the matter.

I just couldn't bear the shame of actually having watched a movie without the book without putting up some degree of justification I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back