• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Content of Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolands

"Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts."

I haven't been following Chi very much, but I was told not too long ago that the people in the time of Fairy Tales have hearts with both light and darkness in them? Even before the war brought everything to hell?

I had just been operating under the impression that initially everyone basically had hearts of pure light. "And Darkness was born in their hearts," implies it didn't exist before the fighting started. Granted, it's not like whatever information was preserved through an old fairy tale is necessarily accurate, indeed even what we already know of that time casts things in an extremely different light. But the phrasing is odd to the point where I don't see the reason for it, if they weren't originally meant to have hearts that were only light.

I was just wondering what the canonical position on this facet is at the moment?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In actual canon as far as I know this hasn't been specifically addressed at all, although I do have to admit that I don't remember every detail from the original Browser Chi.

Was it even outright stated/said anywhere that the keykids and Foretellers already have Darkness in their hearts to begin with in the x-era or is that only a common fan interpretation?

End

Awards
Well my personal theory is that everyone's heart is made with both light and darkness. The line about darkness being born is like, an amplified darkness of sorts. Let's say you have a garden with one black rose and one white orchid. All of the turmoil stirred up the ground and the black rose produced seeds that grew into more black roses. Sure people loved the light but they all had darkness in them whether they realized it or not. As it is said, "the closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back