• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the colors of halloween

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Origin of Halloween Colors

" It is the custom of the celebration to use orange and black in decorations and costumes. Retailers embrace this holiday because it’s one of the most lucrative of all.

As the Celtics are given the most credit for beginning the holiday as the festival of the harvest, a color of autumn is used. Orange, being the most prevalent autumn tone, is derived from the pumpkin and leaves.

The color orange also signifies strength and endurance. We don’t know if that is for the holiday or strength and endurance at the harvest time

Halloween was once (and still may be in some areas) a festival of the dead. Death is usually associated with darkness and absence of light signified by the color black."

Orange is the color of the setting or dying sun just before the blackness or darkness of night time or winter.
this is why orange is the new black because orange is the warning color of death

Orange_is_the_new_Black.png

safety orange

port-authority_SV01_safety-orange-reflective.jpg

"Of course, Halloween colors are not just limited to orange and black, you will also see a lot of blood red, eerie green, ghostly white and deep purples"

Craft Blog / Halloween Colors: Where Did They Come From? by COLOURlovers :: COLOURlovers

Traditionally orange and black were the two colors associated with Halloween and together they have a yin/yang type of relationship.
But there are also several other colors that have become an important part of All Hallow’s Eve including white, red, purple and green.
The Meaning Behind the Halloween Colors

Black – The Color of Darkness and Death
Black is the color of death and Halloween is a time when the veil between the spirit world and the living is thin

Read More http://isleofhalloween.com/halloween-colors-and-their-meaning/

because it is the time of the harvest just before the death of the sun in the cold winter.
so orange warns of death, the death of the sun.

Orange – The Vibration of Life
Orange is the polar opposite of black. It is a lively color that celebrates life and the bounty of the Autumn harvest.
Orange is the color of fire cutting through the darkness of night. Orange is warm and positive.
Many leaves turn orange during Fall and pumpkins and """"jack o’lanterns,"""" popular Halloween symbols, are also orange.

Red – The Color of Blood
Red is another color that is often associated with Halloween, especially now with the current popularity of vampires.
Red blood is seen dripping from vampire lips and the victim’s throat. Or it could be a bottle of True Blood.

the color of the red blood sacrifice of animals and sometimes even humans that the ancients use to preform to the sun for fertility purposes. the harvest of the crops etc. (watch movie apocalypto)

Purple – A Witches Brew
Purple has recently become a popular Halloween color representing the supernatural and all things mystical.

purple is the time of the evening, the time of the setting sun, the time of twilight.

hqdefault.jpg

next, Disney channels original Halloween movie, "don't look under the bed" notice the colors of orange and purple, the time of the jack o lantern , jack skellington

Dont-look-under-the-bed-disney-filmfad.com_.jpg

Disney_-_Halloweentown.jpg

latest

latest

Destiny Islands

latest

the place where the sun set or descended into the darkness.
rikus "changing" if you pay attention, was happening at twilight.

KH1-destiny-islands.jpg

if you watch this scene closely, while riku is talking deep philosophical type stuff, you can see kairi shake her head. when I first saw it, I thought it was my game glitching but its not. its on all of the scenes uploaded online even the HD ones.

the next time we get a destiny islands cut scene, its also at twilight and we here that "riku" is changing as the sun is setting.

latest

"you know, rikus changed"

the next cut scene we see is actually at the darkness of night time. the time of the death of the sun where the moon touches the light of the sun and becomes the ruler or master or the light of the world.

khhd-riku-destiny-islands.jpg

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
actually im pretty sure safety jackets are orange because it reflects better at night.

why this in intelligent discussion?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Actually I think there are both orange and yellow safety jackets. I was at an exhibition a few days ago and some kids were wearing yellow ones so the adults wouldn't lose them.

actually im pretty sure safety jackets are orange because it reflects better at night.

why this in intelligent discussion?

reflects the EMBERS of the lights yes. why do you think the months in the autumn all end with EMBER?
SEPTEMBER, October, November, December

because its about the light of the night time the black light of the moon, the ultraviolet light.

9l20y.png

and that's why your WARNING signals on your car are the ember colors of auburn orange

depositphotos_4207198-Blurred-car-lights-in-the-rain.jpg

Actually I think there are both orange and yellow safety jackets. I was at an exhibition a few days ago and some kids were wearing yellow ones so the adults wouldn't lose them.

orange and yellow are both the colors of the sun.

Charlie brown associated with the harvest time

Charlie-Brown-Thanksgiving.jpg

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ooh I have question

Dragonites are yellow, right?

So are they big friendly dragon-friends of harvest time too? Are their Hyper Beams actually.... Harvest Beams?!!1! [/stupid]

Also, there is no dark side of the moon. Matter of fact, it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun. So, any light coming from the moon is simply reflected sunlight... I dunno where you're getting this "dark light" business.

Scientific studies have shown that colors do in fact have noticeable effects on the human mind; for example, red sort of "promotes" aggression, quick thinking, and snap decisions. That's why our stop signs and warning lights are red.

Here's an explanation that doesn't have random biblical and astronomical references thrown in as "proof":

[video=youtube;X31K6jammH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X31K6jammH0[/video]

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't think safety jackets' colors are based on the sun to be honest...but...maybe that's just me...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
why don't you save us from this purgatory ethy? is he entertaining? or is it maybe a test account by one of y'all to test for reactions?

Ooh I have question

Dragonites are yellow, right?

So are they big friendly dragon-friends of harvest time too? Are their Hyper Beams actually.... Harvest Beams?!!1! [/stupid]

Also, there is no dark side of the moon. Matter of fact, it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun. So, any light coming from the moon is simply reflected sunlight... I dunno where you're getting this "dark light" business.

Scientific studies have shown that colors do in fact have noticeable effects on the human mind; for example, red sort of "promotes" aggression, quick thinking, and snap decisions. That's why our stop signs and warning lights are red.

Here's an explanation that doesn't have random biblical and astronomical references thrown in as "proof":

[video=youtube;X31K6jammH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X31K6jammH0[/video]

you guys are unbelievable. if you read the thread I stated that the night time is when the moon touches the light of the sun i.e reflects the light of the sun.

"old kingdom hearts interview"
--About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?
Nomura: That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there's a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku's heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

Read more: Kingdom Hearts Ultimania (x) Tetsuya Nomura - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts

the reflected light of the sun is the dark light. this is why many ancients worshipped the moon diety because the night time allowed one to see the night sky and so allowed for the study of astrology "as above so below"
this is also what the red and blue colors of light are about. the opposing forces of nature. but at this point im wasting my time.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
skeet skeet skeet, silly motherdiddlyer on the street, DO Y'ALL REALLY WANNA TASTE YO TEETH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back