• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The colors of Betwix. (First Fan-fic)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neku's nobody

I was a member of the forums about 1 year ago in order to obtain alot of info on BBS. Now im back. I wanted to post this cause its really been picking at me and I want to share it with others. It is set 100 years before the formation of Radiant Garden, before the war of the light creates the keyblades. I know I made that up but its part of my fan fic. So here it is, the first chapter of my fan-fic, The colors of Betwix:

Those first 100 minutes.

Everyday I woke up from that constant dream waiting for a new day. As I would run like hell from my house every morning hoping that something big would happen. That I'd get in a fight and win, that I would give my life for one of my friends. This constant loop made me desire my iminent death for the life of one of my friends, so that they could continue to love and I could go out with a bang. The name is Neve, Bianco Neve, just call me James. Its easier to picture a name like James than to picture someone who's litteral name translated to english means "White Snow". Its funny, but this day felt normal, unlike any day for the past 10 years, not sense I can make up life has it felt like this. So the though of doubt keept creeping in my mind. This day was everything but. So I run through the azure winds that I now witness. Running from that feeling, this schizophrenic mentality that is now dominating me only to fall into an everlasting abiss at the end of this concrete road.

Why do I keep falling, did I not wake up this morning? To real to be a dream, to detailed to be reality... Crashing through the black and white feathers... Black and white feathers? What the hell is going on here!? Is this a discarded dream template or a the result of an unexistant mako addiction? So now I hit the ground, and I find him there. Mythology did not speak of him nor did religion, two feathered wings of twilit colors from his back. No sword, no shield, no gun, no nothing. "Get him" He whispered and there they were. Dont know them, never knew them. But almost imediately I yelled "Hybrids!". I know they never were supposed to be, but I did'nt know why. They were composed of black and white. But then I saw that one color, orange radiating from them in the form of tentacles. The first step I took I was taken by one of those things. He took my body and they all leaped at me consuming my every humanity. A dream within a dream. But who the hell is he? Why does he follow me down the levels of this hell? Before the next thought popped in he asked me in a forgotten language, "So you are that which the asure stars talked of, that which will orchestrate my tale." What he preached I know not. But not before long, his wings turned to the dust and a wave of his hand sent them flying my way.

Skoll and Hati now were held in my hand, I feel the pulses. All of this conteo plunging into me. Two diferent wavelengths of light and dark. Two faces, one coin. Amalgamation and Purification now flow through the same blood. But I am not scared, I train for this every night. Name is Neve, Bianco Neve. Light of Alabaster from skull and darkness of Alucard from Hati... This is my now paradise. So now Hybrids... I wont make the same mistake again. Buona Notte, and sweet dreams.

Last edited:

Neku's nobody

The land of the falling stars.

The crimson skies of Ariadne, as strange and enchanting as ever. But I can't remember that which some may call an epiphany. What was that power but nothing more than an enchantment? And the blinded angel, did I suffer awakening or experienced paranoia? Side effects of this tainted air or a sugar rush. Not the matter. I fell down to far for my mind to desing those conflictious levels of complicity. Yet how can reality end at a point where my mind has already registered every yoctogram of sceanery. To dwellve more into this hallucination must be nonsense. But I must achive a reasenable resolution to this dream. But why? Why this one? Why not the other 358/2 dreams? Every day now feels like the latter, a normal day. Thats not ok, that makes my curiosity boil. Every single day filled with the fantasy of azure flames resulted to be a regular afternoon. Then what will happen now? Not the problem, right now whats important are these. The twilit colored feathers that now fill a once hollow spot in my jacket. Did they belong to him. Or to my counterparts...

Their names are Hati and Skull. From the norse mythology. Hati, a wolf that chases the moon around the earth. Skoll, a wolf that chases the sun around. Without them, not day or night would exist. To comply with such ancient tales I would expect an axe or hammer, but why such a form?A black broadsword and a white rapier. I still don't get it, but right now its my only lead, those 2 blades that a single hand can strike was my hope to getting out of that unforgiving fantasy. But I can't shake their name... Hybrids. What are they, where do they come from, and what is this mark on my arm?

It throbs and burns, but I dont feel it anymore. Who was that winged man, and what does he want with me? But enought wondering, he said to unite where the night meets the silver sands. So now I embark on this journey to the Fallen Sky. Where the platnum stars now fallen to the ground rest to return to the skies. And just like one, he awaited their, Greeting me with a word... "Betwix".

Not before long he responds with a sigh. "You know the legend or this town you live in?". Last time I heard that old tale was in preschool, yet it forever stuck with me. "There once was a woman who roamed the lands of a baren desert, every day she prayed to the winds and asked for power. One day the winds returned with an awnser" I continued "Give me thy soul and I shall grant you all the power you want, the more I recieve, the more you shall" "So she gave all but one strand of hair worth so that she may maintain for." The man said and continued my story "But after she recieved so much power, the stars started falling torward her and soon they fell into place forming this city, but killing her in the process". "In the end, her lust for power had taken her life, and now, here in this plane, the stars still fall to this land and scatter in silver dust". I couldn't make out what he was getting at but soon I learned. "Soon your story will be that of the land and not hers. This of all worlds". "You mean Ariadne?" I asked, he replied "No, you will save your plane of existance...The plane of Betwix"

Neku's nobody

Guys with pinneapple stile hair can't be that bad​

"Betwix? Is this supposed to be a joke, or are you seriously demented?" I asked. Such a farfetched idea could not for the life of me get a grasp on my mind. Suddenly he turned around and I saw his back, those wings which gave him that almost heavenly for were now gone. And his hair was basically a pineapple with a long ponytail neatly tied with a band. "Now you hold my wings, and soon you will hold my entire being.". "What do you mean your entire being, Im not sure Im ready for such a comitement... Besides you have to tell me, what are these two things?", I held out the feathers, he simply told me that they were the guide to my quest and dissapeared.

Now I know by becarefull what you wish for, what is all this supposed to be. How do I know that guys name now that he is gone. And what did he mean when he said that I would save a world called betwix... Wait, such an idea might offend him, let me not forget it was called my "plane of existance". What did he even mean? A nice long skate down the hill will clear my mind. But something is urging me to take Hat and Skoll with me, wait a minute! They are just feathers!! What do I need them. As I go down this hill I find something in my pocket, so they followed me here is it. Fine, you two wanna ride then hang on. I think my mind is slowly deteriorating, making me see these bird rejects were ever I go. But no mater, in a way its a nice simbolism, so now I ride through the winds leting my wings go.

But the moment that though crossed my ming the feathers were gone and I feel a wind tugging on my back. More like trying to compleatly throw me of the board. And as expected it succeded, but why am I still going? Not before long I realize that these are indeed wings in my back. Nobody interupt me, its my fly time. Maybe this was what I yearned for, not being a hero persay. But just soaring through the skies. Wait, whats that I hear? Seems like its hero time in a way...

Neku's nobody

A greater purpose...

I keep hearing these screams which I now deem to be reality. But I just can't quite pinpoint the shrieks. The winds howling through my ears as I learn to control these things growing out of my back on the fly. "Just let me concentrate!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Suddenly I was at an all to familiar place, that circled arena where I met him... But now it has an identity. Before just black and white now I sense a proper aura from such. And above all a voice that guides me through such floor. "Wait, I don't have time for this, somebody needs my help!" I said, but a silent voice awnsered "You said you needed to concentrate, so here we are. Now shut up and let me guide you." I don't know this voice but as long as it got me out of there I would follow it to the ends of helheim and back. "That day when you held your power you awakened, but now you need resolution to this power. Walk through these doors and succumb to the power you have been given.". I always found that word as a sign of weakness, but not the matter. I have to go through this. "But the door is locked, how am I supposed to open such", The voice remained quiet...

I've been having these weird thoughts lately... like... how did I get to this place? But this just makes it all harder. Suddenly I feel a squeeze from my insides. This sense that somebody needs for me to hear them out and open my heart. And the moment I feel myself complying, the lock just released and the door creaked. But I'm afraid of opening the door. Just so ominous but no matter, if I don't deal with such then I'll never escape. So all I see is but a simple hybrid, easy enough. Without hesitation I cry "Hati, Skoll. Now!" And from my new wings fall two feather giving me my weapons. I leap and slash and In a matter of seconds he is dispelled into nothingness. But once again this silent voice instructs me, "Are you ignorant or just a great actor?" He asks, "Fighting the twilit isn't going to be as easy." Suddenly more and more appear, I don't feel overpowered but I'm discouraged. Is this the place where it should end without even beginning? No... but what should I do, I break 2 and 6 appear. "Follow the powers of Betwix and anything is possible. But your doubt is to big, open yourself to his strength. Say his name and you shall prevail." Now I understand, no more doubt. From now on I take action. Thanks for the wings and thanks for the power. Thanks for everything... Bianco.

No time to waste! I still hear those screams, no more questions. Only answers.

Neku's nobody

The first phase: A result of dawn​

But before my feet could move from the corner were I awoke A dark shadow cloaked me. And when the shadows disspersed there it was. My new life in the form of a black and silver coat. but the biggest suprise was when i looked at my watch and saw that not a second had passes since I feel into that dream. Meaning there was still danger. As quickly as I put my hood on my wings did the rest. And not before long I saw them there, and those piercing shrieks were still ringing in my ears but I just couldn't find the source. I had to worry about that later, for now its time to face my destiny.

The first couple of them were easy, but it just felt like an unending wave of enemies. I registered as many times as posible and got to the conclusion that these were the real deal. Could they be materializing from my mind or just playing games with me. And more importantly those screams had hushed. One las slash with my right hand had finished the fight.

"Is it over?" cried a voice from the corner.

"Yeah, there gone." I awnsered "But who are you and how can you scream so loudly?"

I expected a little kid, at most a 10 year old from that soothing tone in which I was asked. "Im sorry, but when I get nervous. I scream my brains out" she awnsered... I saw her once in those dreams I like to recall so much. But even so it still was astonishing. I just helped her up and even then I felt something strange. But these are two compleatly different feelings, one of power and another one not comprehensible by anything short of a human being. "Im Victoria by the way!" As temped as I was to tell her something bigger interupted me. A fragmented being united with the shadows of all those I took down and granted shape.

"Get to safety!" I yelled and to my relief she was already halfway down the street. I slashed and I slashed but nothing happened. To think I went back on my self promise so immediatly astonished me but I recalled those disembodied words. "Follow the powers of betwix and anything is posible". I still don't know what he meant but I knew what these swords were. An embodiment of light and darkness. Did not expect to get it this quickly but here it is, the solution to my problems. "Skoll, pure light!" And from my left hand he was gone, all that remained was a cloud of shining energy. Now I pass it through Hati to activate his powers,"Hati, amalgamation!" Soon my sword of anything but light transforms into a shining beam, now die reject of reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back