• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Cobra Chronicles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeshallbeasgods

The Sorrow's Sorrow

I knew I would meet the Joy in battle soon. My ability to speak with the worlds spirits had helped me learn that she was coming. Several years ago, neither she nor I would have guessed that it would come to this. The Cobra Unit had been close, we all fought and worked together. We knew everything about each other, strengths and weaknesses, and we planned our missions to makes sure no one was left alone. The Joy and I had done many missions together before the Cobras disbanded. I missed those days. As I wiped off the dirt from my glasses, I looked around the battlefield, watching my companions fight and die. Soon their spirits would speak to me, ask me to pass on messages to their loved ones. It became too much sometimes but I had learned how to block them from coming to me.

It must have been the tenth time I had checked my equipment. Shortly after, she arrived. My beautiful Joy. The look she gave me though surprised me, for only a moment though. I learned things from the spirits so often, that I had forgotten that no one else spoke with them as I did. She shook her head and said my name tearfully. We both knew what was going to happen. One of us had to die this day and she was needed in the future. I embraced her, letting her cry all the tears she had to before this sordid affair.

“My time is up, you still have much to do. One of us must die, let it be me.” I told her, giving her an encouraging smile. Dying. I had never thought about dying until now. Of course, I have spoken with many of the recently departed but, nothing had truly made me think of my own death until this moment as the Joy took her gun. Many thoughts passed thoughts my mind in that instant. Am I happy with my life? Did I do everything I wanted? Am I happy with how it ends? Yes, no, yes. Those were the answers I came up with as she raised the gun.

“I love you.” She said, a tear running down her face as she pulled the trigger. The tears had blinded her, or she had turned her head at the last moment. I was more focused on the gun that was ending everything. I felt a sharp pain in my eye, saw glass shattering. My vision faded, completely dark in my left eye. I saw the Joy drop her gun and run to me, grabbing onto me before I hit the ground but I couldn’t hear anything she said. I smiled and raised my hand to touch her cheek.

“The spirit of the warrior will always be with you.” She shook her head and my arm went limp and everything went dark.

========================================================

I wrote this around midnight one night. I posted it on fanfiction.net under the name Mischievous Little Angel and have since decided to go on with writing a fanfic for each member of Metal Gear Solid 3's Cobra Unit. It only took about 20 minutes so if I actually put my mind to writing The Cobra Chronicles, they should come out just as well or better (hopefully better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back