• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Church

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firo

Oh Crap
I consider myself a religious person.
Yet I find myself questioning certain aspects of my faith.
I wholeheartedly accept the existence of god, and believe Jesus once walked this earth.
But that's not my concern. My concern is the church. Catholic, christian, etc. I'm beginning to think the church is at fault for pushing people away from god. I know i'm a little late to jump on the wagon, but it irks me that the most devout are the reason for lack of faith. Granted everyone has there reasons for what they choose to believe. This is no way an attack on anyone.
But my main question is this, does anyone else feel that the church has bent the rules of religion?
I believe the church is scared of losing it's presence in modern day society. If you look at history, it's obvious the church has lost a considerable sum of power.
My second question is, is the church really in the purest sense greedy? Greedy in the sense, it just wants power?

Firo

Oh Crap
But isn't it heresy to use gods name in the acquisition of power?
Then again I could be considered a heretic for thinking this.

I'm conflicted.
(Sorry for the double post, i'm on a PS3 =/)

Screw it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back