• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Chronicles of Narnia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*_ShIvA_*

What did you think of The Chronicles of NArnia? Did you think they stayed true to the book and picked good actors?

Kaptain Kool

I thought it was a GREAT movie but I think Jadis didn't look like she was described in the book.
overall rating:

velocity2325

who said i was gone :D
Awards
Website
www.xanga.com
i think it was pretty good. it did stick to the book unlike other movies but there were some places that werent in book but its still good

Jessica

I Loved it! I thought they stayed true to the book, and the actors were all pretty good... and the beavers were hysterical!

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
hmm.. I have never read the books.. but I think that was one of the best movies I have seen this year.. they did a really good job now like I said I haave not rad the books.. but they did pick good people they just fit them right.. so yeah it was a good movie.

The M.C.

JTTW
well your gonna hate me but i never watched it or read the books. the commercials looked ok though, relly fantasy-ish. like all the talking animals.

ExiledAngel

I really loved that movie seen it 2 times,really great movie i give it a 9 out of 10 very good.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The DVD will be out on April 4th, so that's something to look forward to.

The next movie: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is slated for a December 2007 release.

Color Me Knievel

Sweden's dearly beloved ass
Satirical said:
It was pretty good. Even though they added some parts, the movie was pretty close to the book. Unlike some movies. *cough *HarryPotterandtheGobletofFire* cough*
You need to have in mind that the Narnia book that the film's based on is about 300 pages, Harry Potter GoF is 700+ pages. <.<

I haven't seen the movies, just read the seven books when I was younger.

Awesome books.

P

Prince_of_Light

they DEFINITELY could have drawn out the plot more. that's what bothered me. The storyline was just way too abrupt.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Prince_of_Light said:
they DEFINITELY could have drawn out the plot more. that's what bothered me. The storyline was just way too abrupt.

Well, one has to consider that these books were written primarily for a children's audience. Sure, Lewis could have added a lot more to what happened in each book, being tha they're relatively short in themselves. I believe the longest Chronicle is Prince Caspian, his second book, and consists of less than two-hundred pages. I think one of the strengths of the series is how much isn't left up to a person's imagination, and that's why people haved loved him for the past fifty-six years they've been in existence.

P

Prince_of_Light

Shamdeo said:
Well, one has to consider that these books were written primarily for a children's audience. Sure, Lewis could have added a lot more to what happened in each book, being tha they're relatively short in themselves. I believe the longest Chronicle is Prince Caspian, his second book, and consists of less than two-hundred pages. I think one of the strengths of the series is how much isn't left up to a person's imagination, and that's why people haved loved him for the past fifty-six years they've been in existence.

still, I would have preferred a few more plot sequences and perhaps a side plot thrown in. Not for too long, just to give the reader a little bit more time to enjoy the storyline as they read. with the movie, it was like in the snap of a finger that the ending war took place.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Well, in the book, the ending battle was described more as a skirmish rather than the grandiose battle it was in the movie. ( Which... actually wasn't that long in and of itself, so could it be considered one? ) Later in Narnian history, it was referred to as the First Battle of Beruna Ford ( The second talking place during Prince Caspian. ) There are times when I've looked back and wished there would have been more in the books, but I think it's something you learn to appreaciate stand-alone. Other people have written their own Narnia spin-off stories that have done fairly well, but I haven't the time or money to read them. It's the only way I can recommend getting deeper into Narnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back