• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The chosen master

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Riku was the Chosen Keyblade master but when he took the path in darkness, It denied him and took Sora as like a second choice, and as i recall it looked like sora was about to join him, but couldnt catch his hand =p if neither of them got the keyblade i wonder if Kairi would have? -imagines valor mode kairi-

But Riku didnt really know much about the darkness he was just like, its a portal away from the island, and that was his main objective; to see new places and explore. and Ansem talked to sora in the beggining thru the door so i think ansem the wise might have sent her there the night of the meteor shower thru his Doors or w/e since shes from Hallow Bastion =p just a guess

Stars

リク
Ok, I've never been able to something out, How did Riku know about darkness or the keyblade? And did it ever reveal how Kairi got to Destiny Island? And do you think VAT could have anything to do with it?

Xehanort sent Kairi to Destiny Island. Written in Ansem Report.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Ok, I've never been able to something out, How did Riku know about darkness or the keyblade? And did it ever reveal how Kairi got to Destiny Island? And do you think VAT could have anything to do with it?

No, it was never revealed exactly how she arrived, but I'm not sure about Riku.

M

Master Roxas

if u don't read ansem reports u miss lot of things....

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Riku was the Chosen Keyblade master but when he took the path in darkness, It denied him and took Sora as like a second choice,

Right, I just wrote about a 5 paragraph explanation of why this makes absolutely no sense, and then my internet lagged when I pressed "enter" and I lost everything, so I'm just going to give you the cliffnotes version because I'm really pissed off right now.

1. The Keyblade is a weapon of neither Darkness or Light, so it would have no issue with it's wielder being affiliated with one or the other, it is merely a weapon of Power

2. If the Keyblade rejected Riku because of Darkness in his Heart, why then later in the game when Meleficent unlocks all of the Darkness in Riku's Heart, does he waltz up to Sora and the Keyblade chooses him? Riku simply called the Keyblade to him, and the Keyblade chose him. Riku's heart at this point in the game is absolutely filled with Darkness, so why would the Keyblade choose him if it supposedly wouldn't touch him because of it previously?

3. The legend of the Keyblade states that it's wielder can destroy a world, or redeem it. Destroy worlds!? That's a pretty dark thing to do, no? If it's wielder were to do something like that, and since the Legend speaks of past wielders who have done so, these people were clearly of the Darkness, no? Yet they were still Keyblade Wielders.

4. Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier in Birth By Sleep, both powerful Darkness Magicians, both evil, both have Keyblades of their own. Their keyblades don't seem have have a problem with their Darkness either.

So, the explanation that the Keyblade somehow doesn't like Darkness makes absolutely no sense, the Keyblade doesn't like Riku because of Darkness one day, and then the next day Riku is filled to the absolute brim with Darkness, and then the Keyblade's like "lol okay, i choose you, see ya Sora"?

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Right, I just wrote about a 5 paragraph explanation of why this makes absolutely no sense, and then my internet lagged when I pressed "enter" and I lost everything, so I'm just going to give you the cliffnotes version because I'm really pissed off right now.

1. The Keyblade is a weapon of neither Darkness or Light, so it would have no issue with it's wielder being affiliated with one or the other, it is merely a weapon of Power

2. If the Keyblade rejected Riku because of Darkness in his Heart, why then later in the game when Meleficent unlocks all of the Darkness in Riku's Heart, does he waltz up to Sora and the Keyblade chooses him? Riku simply called the Keyblade to him, and the Keyblade chose him. Riku's heart at this point in the game is absolutely filled with Darkness, so why would the Keyblade choose him if it supposedly wouldn't touch him because of it previously?

3. The legend of the Keyblade states that it's wielder can destroy a world, or redeem it. Destroy worlds!? That's a pretty dark thing to do, no? If it's wielder were to do something like that, and since the Legend speaks of past wielders who have done so, these people were clearly of the Darkness, no? Yet they were still Keyblade Wielders.

4. Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier in Birth By Sleep, both powerful Darkness Magicians, both evil, both have Keyblades of their own. Their keyblades don't seem have have a problem with their Darkness either.

So, the explanation that the Keyblade somehow doesn't like Darkness makes absolutely no sense, the Keyblade doesn't like Riku because of Darkness one day, and then the next day Riku is filled to the absolute brim with Darkness, and then the Keyblade's like "lol okay, i choose you, see ya Sora"?

i am agreeing with muffinman on this

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com

Um...didn't it say somewhere that there is Sora's keyblade, and Mickey's keyblade? And that Sora's is the Keyblade of Light, and Mickey's is the Keyblade of Darkness? That's why Mickey's keyblade's colors are opposite of Sora's.

Riku forced the Keyblade away from Sora. He practically ripped it out of his hand's. Or did you not notice that whenever someone rejected by the Keyblade takes the Keyblade, it teleports straight back to Sora? That didn't happen with Riku, Sora held tight onto the Keyblade, but the darkness in Riku's heart overpowered Sora and the Keyblade itself. It fought against Riku but Riku won out.

As I've said before, there are two types of keyblades; those in the Darkness and those in the Light.

Jezz. Didn't I already say that there are two types?!? The "Dark Keyblades" choose people in the darkness [i.e. Master Xehanort, Riku, Dark Soldier], while the "Light Keyblades" choose people in the light [i.e. Sora, Terra, Ven].

Wasn't this all explaned in the game? I mean, come on. You have got to be two types of A.D.D. to not notice this stuff.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Riku forced the Keyblade away from Sora. He practically ripped it out of his hand's. Or did you not notice that whenever someone rejected by the Keyblade takes the Keyblade, it teleports straight back to Sora? That didn't happen with Riku, Sora held tight onto the Keyblade, but the darkness in Riku's heart overpowered Sora and the Keyblade itself. It fought against Riku but Riku won out.

To me this seems like the complete opposite of what took place in the scene. Riku outstretched his hand, called the Keyblade. The Keyblade was given a choice between Sora, and Riku, and it went to Riku.

The proper wording would be "notice how when someone tries to hold the Keyblade that it doesn't accept, it teleports back to Sora?". And then I would say to you "Notice how that didn't happen, and the Keyblade stayed with Riku". Why? Because when given the choice, the Keyblade chose Riku regardless of his Darkness.

Wouldn't the same thing preventing Riku getting the Keyblade at the beginning of the game due to Darkness, be the same mechanism that would prevent the Keyblade from going to Riku again later in the game? The logic here is that Sora's Keyblade rejects Darkness, than your explanation that Riku forced it to stay with him is directly contradicted by this, no amount of "Darkness" is going to force the Keyblade to stay with a wielder, because as you stated yourself, it would simply reject them.

So the conclusion here would be that the Keyblade doesn't care either way whether it's user is Dark or Light, it simply goes to who is powerful. The Keyblade is a Weapon of Power, it can destroy or redeem, wielded by Light or Darkness, but not of either.

As I've said before, there are two types of keyblades; those in the Darkness and those in the Light.

"The Keyblade of Light chooses those of the Light, and rejects the Dark. The Keyblades of Dark choose those of Dark and reject the Light" seems to be the logic here, but the games themselves show both of these to be incorrect. A Keyblade of the Dark Realm chose Mickey, someone of the Light, and a Keyblade of the Light Realm chose someone of Darkness, Riku. Keyblades of either realm chose to be wielded by those of the opposite realm.

Again the conclusion here is that the Keyblade doesn't care either way.

Wasn't this all explaned in the game? I mean, come on. You have got to be two types of A.D.D. to not notice this stuff.

As far as I'm aware this is just a misconception that gets passed around, because whenever I ask where the game explains why or how the Keyblade supposedly was supposed to belong to Riku first, or explain why or how it chose Sora in his place. The answer is always "lol it waz teh darknes in hiz heart so teh keyblade nu leik him", and there seems to be no legitimate source of this explanation. So to me the explanation that the Keyblade didn't choose Riku because of Darkness is directly contradicted by later events of the game itself, in the context of the Kingdom Hearts universe itself this explanation just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
The keyblade doesn't take in account light or dark, it chooses the power of the persons hearts, when riku chose to take the darkness he lost sight of everything else and his heart faltered, but when he chose to embrace the darkness to achieve his hearts desire, his heart was stronger than sora's, then Sora took the power of his friends and his heart became stronger. All Keyblades ar bound to the power of the heart, whether that heart finds its strength in light or darkness doesn't matter.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
Okay. So what you're saying is that the keyblade choses whoever has the strongest heart, regardless of where that heart resides. But I ask you now, if the keyblades are simply weapons of power, then why couldn't King Mickey go and lock the hearts of worlds? I mean, are the Keyblades of Darkness unable to lock hearts? Can they only unlock hearts, and fill them with darkness, while Keyblades of Light can only lock hearts, away from outside darkness?

Because in the first game, Sora took Riku's keyblade to unlock his heart [then again, my memory's fuzzy of that scene], and not his own. If Keyblades of Light could only lock hearts and vise versa for the Keyblades of Darkness, then that would make sence as to why the keyblades don't care who weilds them, as long as it's a strong heart.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Almost, all keyblades have different abilities, different histories, and those things may make a keyblade seem more dark, or light, but its not, it chooses the strongest heart it can find, some hearts wish to wield a different ability, such as unlocking hearts, or doors, or other things, but that doesn't make a Keyblade dark, just its master.

Oh and Oe, Sora used Riku's dark Keyblade to unlock Kairies heart, subsequently unlocking his own heart at the same time, That Riku was found to be Ansem.

Forget the dark keyblade thing, I just forget its name :p

Last edited by a moderator:

IDX Rider

"The Keyblade alone cannot seal the Door to Darkness". That's why Sora and Mickey locked it because two keyblades were needed...or just simply more than one. And yes, the keyblade chooses who has a more powerful heart. In the beginning, Riku's heart was stronger than Sora's and that's why Sora had it. If I remember correctly, before the keyblade went back to Riku, Riku made Sora feel guilty by not trying to make finding Kairi a priority and saying that Sora didn't deserve to have the keyblade. Apparently, Sora took it to heart, making him weaker and the keyblade went to its original master: Riku. But then we all know how Sora got it back so I won't repeat what was already said again.

AJ 003 BYEAH

Riku was the original keyblade master, but since the Keyblade that Sora wound up with is oneof light, which couldn't follow Riku through the dark realm. The next opportunity was when Riku was near Sora and he learned to call it. However, Sora called the Keyblade by rejecting its POWER but instead chose his friends, immediately making the keyblade his. IT MAKES SENSE.

Riku then found a keyblade of darkness of his own by sacrificing himself to darkness for his friends. Then the rest happens and blah blah blah. Etc. Happy now?

Epif

The Delicious
Website
Riku was the original keyblade master, but since the Keyblade that Sora wound up with is oneof light, which couldn't follow Riku through the dark realm.

Uh. I...><
What about King Mickey's keyblade? It was a Keyblade of Darkness, and we all saw it in the Realm of Light. So, according to logic, the same is true for the Keyblades of Light [because of the whole "balance" thing]. Which means, Keyblades of Light can travel into the Realm of Darkness just as the Keyblades of Darkness can travel into the Realm of Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back