• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Chess Room (Mod)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
The13thVessel did a mod in which they explore the chess room:

It looks so beautiful! What a shame that Scala isn’t explorable. What do you think?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh a chalkboard. I didnt notice before what a nice detail. Makes it feel like an actual classroom.

I do hope Scala returns in a future game

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Get the feeling this room was created with the intention of reusing it considerably. They put a lot of effort into details we didn't even get to see.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Fun fact, the lamps actually resemble the castle in LoD. Glad this little detail (ok, it's actually huge) stayed consistent with the concept art. It's surprisingly fitting, and honestly a really nice touch.
1551470652551689730574658966228.jpg
I suppose now's a good time to mention this, but me and a friend of mine have actually been working on a very interesting theory (since KH3's release) that ties Scala into the history of the LoD, and could serve as a reasonable explanation for what exactly happened to Scala since the time of Xehanort and Eraqus' youth, as well as certain other lingering mysteries in the series. If I can get his permission, I'll try and post it sometime later today, or early tomorrow. I think you guys might find it intriguing 🙂

Edit:
Get the feeling this room was created with the intention of reusing it considerably. They put a lot of effort into details we didn't even get to see.
I would have to agree with this. The room has the exact same overall structure as the one that fans made a stand in illustration for, back when this world was still behind closed doors, and was being called "Cable Town."
tumblr_inline_psjrald4oc1wzj3e3_1280.png
In particular, the staircase, upper floor, chair, table, window, curtains, chalkboard, and chess board are all bassically identical.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
I've wanted to explore that room for so long... since I saw that picture of the room that someone made after the closed doors event in which the so called cable town was first revealed. Thanks a lot! I'm still kinda obsessed with Scala ad Caelum and this is amazing. I hope we can explore this room and the whole world in the future, it's too beautiful to be a cutscene-only area.

I have always wondered what that gyroscope-like thing was intended to be, because it was showed closely in the E3 2015 trailer and looks like an important artifact. I find it very interesting that there is a smaller one on the shelf.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I love that Scala ad Caelum seemed to have it's own different language as shown with the posters and books. Has any other original world in the series done this before?

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I love that Scala ad Caelum seemed to have it's own different language as shown with the posters and books. Has any other original world in the series done this before?
Yes. I believe the first instance of it was the books in Mysterious Tower, though you can correct me if I'm wrong. Twilight Town also has a similar language on it's posters during KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I would have to agree with this. The room has the exact same overall structure as the one that fans made a stand in illustration for, back when this world was still behind closed doors, and was being called "Cable Town."
View attachment 11964
In particular, the staircase, upper floor, chair, table, window, curtains, chalkboard, and chess board are all bassically identical.

This artwork is actually by our very own Zephyr! <3

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
This artwork is actually by our very own Zephyr! <3
I knew it was someone from KH Insider! Who else would put so much effort into capturing such a beautiful room for the eyes of unlucky fans? Lol, for what it's worth, I actually like the library aesthetic of Zephyr's piece over the classroom-esc design of the original. Gave it this nice "ancient" quality, which seemed to fit with how I imagine the original shot was framed. Sora walking into a mysterious room filled with extensive, untold history and secrets surrounding the keyblade.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The room looks beautiful. Honestly Scala gives me Lindblum vibes from Final Fantasy IX, one of the most visually pleasing FF games that has aged quite well over the years. How I wish it was treated as such with everyone going to Scala and getting lost within their own cutscenes of exploring the city much like Lindblum. Maybe put some Disney characters in that were never going to get worlds of their own and have them be among the locals or something like that. Oh what could have been.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I have always wondered what that gyroscope-like thing was intended to be, because it was showed closely in the E3 2015 trailer and looks like an important artifact. I find it very interesting that there is a smaller one on the shelf.

They look inspired by spherical astrolabes. Maybe Keyblade wielders used them to chart locations of different worlds in days past.

okhi12

Awards
They look inspired by spherical astrolabes. Maybe Keyblade wielders used them to chart locations of different worlds in days past.
That makes a lot of sense. After all, Xehanort calls Scala the nexus from which all worlds spring and it was built over the remaining ruins of Daybreak Town after the worlds were scattered.
If that's what the astrolabe is for, then it is a romantic idea, searching for other worlds from the very same world that once was the core of them all.

NoWay

Awards
Seeing this makes me really want them to expand Scala :(

AR829038

Awards
Yes. I believe the first instance of it was the books in Mysterious Tower, though you can correct me if I'm wrong. Twilight Town also has a similar language on it's posters during KH3.
Just further evidence for my theory that Twilight Town is deeply connected in some way with Scala/Daybreak Town. Not only the same language (which is basically Nomura shoving it in our faces), but also the clock tower architecture being so similar to Scala's towers, and the heavy unicorn motifs in the Old Mansion we see in KH2. I wouldn't be surprised if Ira had anything to do with Twilight Town's founding or creation. That would be a massive twist!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The Twilight Town mansion with the memory pods that were "used before" HAS to be linked to Scala and KHUX somehow. I kinda thought the whole unicorn thing from Twilight Town was used in KHUX on purpose.

I mean, no one really questioned why Ansem Seeker of Darkness brought Ansem The Wise specifically to Twilight Town. Sure, it could have been plot convenience to give Hayner/Pence/Olette something to do... or Girl X (someone from KHUX) was hidden in Twilight Town by Ansem The Wise (who was confirmed to have hidden her).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just further evidence for my theory that Twilight Town is deeply connected in some way with Scala/Daybreak Town. Not only the same language (which is basically Nomura shoving it in our faces), but also the clock tower architecture being so similar to Scala's towers, and the heavy unicorn motifs in the Old Mansion we see in KH2. I wouldn't be surprised if Ira had anything to do with Twilight Town's founding or creation. That would be a massive twist!
You know if Twilight Town has connections to Scala I wonder if the residents are aware of the keyblade? Maybe Ira has descendants in that world like Brain.

Back