• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Cast of Kingdom Hearts. What would you change?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhunivelze

Sora has risen to prominence throughout the gaming universe. While he is a good hero, he has his flaws. As with most characters in KH. What would you change about the cast that you think would improve them not only as characters, but the series as well?

Fortissimo

I don't know if I would change anything really. Even if Noumora doesn't plan ahead for each character to have a specific role, he makes the more prominent characters important in their own right.

If had to; less disney characters. Malificent can go. She's just not doing much for me. Same with Pete. They are just annoying characters that get in the way with their sub plots. They could do so many more interesting things with the plot, or have more clever sub plots than to have your generic two-bit baddies distracting the heros.

Also, I'd have Sora travel on his own. Donal and Goofy are cool and all, but I just got really comfortable with fighting alone. They are good for dialogue and stuff but, there again, you could do something else or more interesting to fill that hole.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ditch the OCs & make it a full-blown Disney RPG.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Ah shit...that's actually a tough question for me because in all honesty, I don't care much for the majority or OCs in the series so if I really think about it as a whole there'd probably be a lot I'd want to change. In fact, if it were up to me I'd probably out right ditch a good chunk because many of them serve mainly as plot fodder.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Riku is literally my least favorite character, sick of the cliche hero taken over by darkness, I just want him to f off now. More Roxas too please, way cooler than Sora.

wolfshadow

I think with a fresh new saga around the corner, I'll be happy. No more Xehanort's and X's, no more TAV (sorry but hope to god they all die with MX) and definitley not as many spinoffs.

ya I know they are gona keep SRK and MDG, but I'm cool with that.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I think a lot of people want Sora to ditch his child like innocence and naivety, but that's what we have Roxas for. Roxas is privy to the consequences and situations around him and gets that everything ain't spirits and rainbows.

I think Roxas's character deserves a more prominent role in the next saga, so here's hoping that he gains his own body again somewhere in KH3

Ruran

Awards
I think a lot of people want Sora to ditch his child like innocence and naivety, but that's what we have Roxas for. Roxas is privy to the consequences and situations around him and gets that everything ain't spirits and rainbows.

I think Roxas's character deserves a more prominent role in the next saga, so here's hoping that he gains his own body again somewhere in KH3

I'm fine with Sora's childlike innocence and naivety in itself, he just needs to be better balanced out. It was handled fairly well in KH1 and CoM, after that though is when it got occasionally grating. With Roxas it's more that he wears his negative emotions on his sleeve whereas Sora isn't so much completely oblivious than he is willfully ignorant sometimes. Basically, Sora's aware that not everything is "spirits and rainbows" all that time, that's just how he chooses to try and remedy bad situations. It's the "don't get mad, get glad" approach (with Roxas acting on the former). Sora's child like persona is pretty much an important plot point know to boot.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I completely agree with the idea that Sora's attitude is an important plot point, although I never thought it to be a way for Sora to cope with different situations, that's a cool concept.

However I don't think Roxas is a character that reacts angrily ALL the time. As we can see in KH2, Roxas is a well adjusted, even-minded and practical individual, as he apparently serves as the glue guy in his group of friends (Hayden, Pence, Olette). However his life was unceremoniously interrupted with by the Org. and Diz (and the fact that he doesn't really exist). Therefore I think we can cut the guy some slack if he wanted to release a little steam.

Also we can see even before his fabricated reality in KH2, Roxas was a pretty chill dude. In 358/2 Days (after going though his initial zombie phase) he's exhibits an innate kindness towards various Organization members and especially Axel and Xion.

And let's not forget the fact that he willingly goes back to Sora, accepting his fate and helping him throughout his journey.

So yeah, I like Roxas haha

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is this thread about KH3? Because if not I'm moving it to FoKH

I think a lot of people want Sora to ditch his child like innocence and naivety

The thing about Sora is that his child-like innocence and naivety was done on purpose to serve as a foil to Xehanort who represents knowledge and maturity. (And I guess he foils Riku as well...but I wouldn't consider them foils to each other since they are both utter dorks.) Luckily with KH3 we'll see a more mature Sora, so there is that.

I agree that this is why we have Roxas who is a more angry, dark character that has had a lot more crap done to him. He seems to have overcome those issues, but I would also love to see him have a bigger role next saga. It'd be nice to see what kind of character they could build to further differentiate him from Sora. He's not afraid to hate and hold things against people unlike Sora who forgives and forgets all too easily.

I think with a fresh new saga around the corner, I'll be happy. No more Xehanort's and X's, no more TAV (sorry but hope to god they all die with MX) and definitley not as many spinoffs.

Lol TAV is not going to die. I think with how many people love Aqua's character, we'll see a lot of her in KH3 and maybe the next saga depending on how they choose to use her character.

Riku is literally my least favorite character, sick of the cliche hero taken over by darkness, I just want him to f off now. More Roxas too please, way cooler than Sora.

I think you don't understand Riku's character at all. He's not the hero who was taken over by darkness, but an antagonist who grew to become a hero. But to each their own, I suppose.

Ruran

Awards
I completely agree with the idea that Sora's attitude is an important plot point, although I never thought it to be a way for Sora to cope with different situations, that's a cool concept.

However I don't think Roxas is a character that reacts angrily ALL the time. As we can see in KH2, Roxas is a well adjusted, even-minded and practical individual, as he apparently serves as the glue guy in his group of friends (Hayden, Pence, Olette). However his life was unceremoniously interrupted with by the Org. and Diz (and the fact that he doesn't really exist). Therefore I think we can cut the guy some slack if he wanted to release a little steam.

Also we can see even before his fabricated reality in KH2, Roxas was a pretty chill dude. In 358/2 Days (after going though his initial zombie phase) he's exhibits an innate kindness towards various Organization members and especially Axel and Xion.

And let's not forget the fact that he willingly goes back to Sora, accepting his fate and helping him throughout his journey.

So yeah, I like Roxas haha

It's not to say that Roxas is an overtly angry individual, just generally more "negative" in contrast to Sora (including getting depressed more easily and such). He noticeably gets more emotional when things are going wrong while Sora's more the "no matter how bad things get there's always a way!" type.

I'm not sure how much stock can be put in KH2 Roxas since he was...kind of sort of brain washed. Namine and Diz rewrote his memories and persona specifically to make him act like a normal teenager as much as possible to throw off the Org. He'd probably be pretty chill either way but KH2 isn't a prime example of Roxas' personality. Days is Roxas unfiltered.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
It's not to say that Roxas is an overtly angry individual, just generally more "negative" in contrast to Sora (including getting depressed more easily and such). He noticeably gets more emotional when things are going wrong while Sora's more the "no matter how bad things get there's always a way!" type.

I'm not sure how much stock can be put in KH2 Roxas since he was...kind of sort of brain washed. Namine and Diz rewrote his memories and persona specifically to make him act like a normal teenager as much as possible to throw off the Org. He'd probably be pretty chill either way but KH2 isn't a prime example of Roxas' personality. Days is Roxas unfiltered.

Oh Roxas is definitely more negative then Sora, I'm with you there.

I was under the impression that Roxas was just wiped of the memories of the organization and lived a life where he freely chose his actions though? No wait i can see those choices being made for him as well. Haha you got me there then.

wolfshadow

Spockanort: Aqua was the only likable character for me. The other two, they can have all my hate.

Fortissimo

Spockanort: Aqua was the only likable character for me. The other two, they can have all my hate.

Really? Why? There was so much contrast among their characters, and each had their initial flaws that lead them to their doom. I mean i can see where you're coming from. Terra was being dumb and trusting the ominous people and Ventus just ran with the wind and got into trouble.

I like the OC cast. I just want more in-depth character development. I want to go from hating a character to loving them.

wolfshadow

Maybe that's the same boat in Fortissimo. But the feels aren't there considering T and V's ending was given before anyone beat the the game.

Fortissimo

Maybe that's the same boat in Fortissimo. But the feels aren't there considering T and V's ending was given before anyone beat the the game.

I'm having a little bit of trouble understand the first part of your reply. But as far as Terra and Ven's endings go, I think it was necessary for Terra and Vens stories to end like that to push the point of Aquas role as the adhesive in the TAV relationship. She had to pick up the pieces the best she could.
I saw their endings as a set up for the next chapter in their story.

wolfshadow

Sorry meant "the same boat I'm in as you are". I understand, maybe then instead of three stories in bbs, the game should have been in Aqua's pov only lol.

Fortissimo

Sorry meant "the same boat I'm in as you are". I understand, maybe then instead of three stories it should have been in AQua's pic only lol.
lol i see.
Actually yeah i think that would have worked well. After finishing BBS it seemed more Aqua-centric in the end. She the only one left conscious and the only one with really any sense. She's one of the more complicated characters in Kingdom Hearts. Her development isn't black and white or painfully obvious like the others. There's a lot to interpret with her and I really like that.

More Aqua please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back