• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Cast of Kingdom Hearts. What would you change?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Speaking of TAV, I wasn't a huge fan of them either tbh because I found them all rather static and uninteresting. Though deviating from much of the fandom on this, I actually found Terra the most tolerable while Aqua was my least favorite. I don't hate them but I don't much care for them either. The thing that really got me about them is that their stories just railroaded, they did and said things because the plot demanded something specific but their actions sometimes didn't really feel organic. Like RG, in all three scenarios, was my least favorite world in BbS because as a whole it encompassed the issues I had with the characters and the plot.

If I had to change something about the cast it would be how contrived TAV were.

wolfshadow

Fortissimo: And terra and vens story could have been summed up in mere cutscenes and longer time playing in worlds possibly.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Another cast decision I think could help Kingdom Hearts is making sure that KH3 does NOT reintroduce the fallen Organization members in their human form. We've got Lea, whom I like and recognize as an important character, and we've got Isa and Braig, also important.

But we do NOT need Larxene, Marluxia, Zexion, etc coming back for a swan song to end the saga. What purpose would they serve? We don't need them there and I can't see them serving any purpose except fan service

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Another cast decision I think could help Kingdom Hearts is making sure that KH3 does NOT reintroduce the fallen Organization members in their human form. We've got Lea, whom I like and recognize as an important character, and we've got Isa and Braig, also important.

But we do NOT need Larxene, Marluxia, Zexion, etc coming back for a swan song to end the saga. What purpose would they serve? We don't need them there and I can't see them serving any purpose except fan service

lol, dont you mean larxene, marluxia and demyx, luxord?

but yeah i agree, those four are pretty irrelevant compared to the other 10 members

Fortissimo

I'd be cool with them showing up as npc's that act more as a world decoration. like
"Dude, that guy looks like _______'s somebody!" but no real closure.
So yeah I guess slight fan service.

Awards
I want Kairi to be less of a damsel in distress, and more of a fighter. Like there doing in the secret ending.

Fortissimo

Well she finishes her training to be a keyblade master by the time KH3 begins then I don't think you will have to worry about that.

BagelBreath

Awards
Kairi has to take the mark of mastery to become a keyblade master.

Yeah, I'd be pissed if she was a Keyblade Master by the time KH3 begins.

Anyways, I can totally see her getting kidnapped again at some point in KH3, just because she's a PoL. At least she'll probably go down fighting this time.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I thought the remaining org XIII turned into a bunch of Xehanort's somehow? At least that's what I remember about kh3d ending the most. I wouldn't mind, if they came back at the end of the credits and showed them, living out their lives. Otherwise, I don't see a point of them returning or stealing the spotlight on the large cast of heroes we have already.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Such a difficult question....there are a bunch of things I could get nitpicky about and say I'd change like kh2 sora's seeming lack of intelligence or Terra's gullibility but honestly kinda feel that they are best left as they are. Changing them all to much the way I'd prefer seems like it'd ruin the story I've come to enjoy enough to stick with despite all my criticism.

Fortissimo

Yeah, I'd be pissed if she was a Keyblade Master by the time KH3 begins.

Anyways, I can totally see her getting kidnapped again at some point in KH3, just because she's a PoL. At least she'll probably go down fighting this time.

If she does get captured, they should let her fight from the inside at least. It would be really cool if she used that DiD identity she's acquired to her advantage. She could play the bad guys the whole time. It would be some nice development.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Such a difficult question....there are a bunch of things I could get nitpicky about and say I'd change like kh2 sora's seeming lack of intelligence or Terra's gullibility but honestly kinda feel that they are best left as they are. Changing them all to much the way I'd prefer seems like it'd ruin the story I've come to enjoy enough to stick with despite all my criticism.
Yeah, this. Or at least explain it better.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Regarding Terra (Aqua and Ven to an extent as well) I often get the vibe that they get much more flak from some fans than is due. Like the so often cited "dumbassness" of Terra is not really that problematic because, well, Terra does NOT have the profound knowledge about certain individuals that the audience has.

We, the audience, know that Maleficent and Hook are villains, but how is Terra supposed to know at first sight? Not to mention he and the other two also had not ever (in Ven's case) or very rarely (probably in Terra's and Aqua's case) left the Land of Departure, living a very sheltered life without much outside interactions.
If anything, Terra should be applauded because he does something that even people in real life rarely do: He doesn't judge a book by its cover and just because Maleficent and Master Xehanort wear black he doesn't immediately put them into "evil" category.
And with Queen Grimhilde he actually noticed pretty fast that something was "off" and he actually told her off at the end, that her so-called "radiance" is nothing but poisoned jealousy and vanity.

I wonder sometimes though why this only looking on with audience's eyes often only applies to the wayfinder-trio and not the other two trios as well. Riku in KH 1, Sora in KH2 as well as Axel, Roxas and Xion in Days all to some pretty stupid things and mess up, yet they do not get nearly as much flak on theirs as Terra gets.

---

On the topic in general, I won't say that they should ditch/kill off any character I just don't like because I personally do not count this as a legit reason.

On the three main trios, I'd say they all have more potential that could be explored and developed over time, so I think they shouldn't ditch either RLX or TAV, since they each only had one game for them so far. Out of the SRK-group, Kairi definitely needs the most attention since as of now, when I compare all three main trios, I get the impression that the SRK-one is the most imbalanced in terms of how the characters are developed (not necessarily in screentime, just overall development).
When looking at all nine main OCs (ten if you count Naminé), I do have to say though that despite how much I like Lea/Axel and Riku, they should take a backseat for a while or at least get some less focus, as out of all main OCs they have had the most exposure and development so far, they do not need much more, at least not until some other characters can catch up.

Then there is of course the issue with having the main OCs actually break out of their trio structure and intermingle with the other OCs and Disney characters. There are the obvious cases like Riku and Terra, Kairi and Aqua and of course Sora and Ventus, yet as with those there has been much emphasis put on their connections and how they are tied together by fate et cetera, but actual interaction is so far (except on Aqua's side), close to nil.
Second with these "pairings" (and no, this has nothing to do with shipping) is, that when we look at those we can easily spot the many similarities, so one smart move might actually be to put some more focus on their differences, even if they are only small quirks and traits, they can help flesh out the characters more.

The not so obvious cases are of course the other mixups which promise some interesting insights, like i.e. we already had a whole thread about Roxas and Ventus meeting, or Naminé meeting Xion again and many more. This (again) holds of course especially true for Kairi, as she desperately needs to interact with characters other than Sora and establish a true place within the main cast that the audience can see and that goes beyond just being a PoH and the inserted obligatory main female love interest for shipping purposes.
The tidbits we saw in KH 2 with Kairi, Hayner, Pence and Olette were actually a good start, but Kairi definitely needs more like that, also with the other main OCs and MDG as well as maybe the other Princesses.

On the topic of the supporting OCs, I'd say some major ones like Ansem the Wise, Ienzo, Even or Dilan can use some more interaction with people outside the main cast, possibly FF cameos and Disney characters at Radiant Garden like Scrooge McDuck.
The others though, who aren't really important to the story, should have only cameos at best or otherwise be included in the credits.
Like i.e. having Marluxias human form run a flower shop in some world or something. :p

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Ah shit...that's actually a tough question for me because in all honesty, I don't care much for the majority or OCs in the series so if I really think about it as a whole there'd probably be a lot I'd want to change. In fact, if it were up to me I'd probably out right ditch a good chunk because many of them serve mainly as plot fodder.

I feel more or less the same way. The Organization in general have not really been handled properly, especially in KH2.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I really wished that Days handled the Organization members better. There was a lot of wasted potential, you know? So yeah, I would definitely delve deeper into their characters or at least make them feel as though they're more than just boss battles.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I feel more or less the same way. The Organization in general have not really been handled properly, especially in KH2.

For real. I remember playing kh2 during radiant garden in the beginning of them game and being confronted by the ORG13 thinking "Holy Shit theres so many" but only actually engaging like 6 or 7 of them. I realize CoM has a lot to do with this but someone who never played that game probably has no idea what was going on

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I really wished that Days handled the Organization members better. There was a lot of wasted potential, you know? So yeah, I would definitely delve deeper into their characters or at least make them feel as though they're more than just boss battles.

days would have been the perfect opportunity to develop the organization members. shame that xion hogged the spotlight

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I get why Sora is kinda happy go lucky but I wish they'd balance him out like they did in KH1 and CoM. I can get how being upbeat and acting happy in the face of danger is a way to cope with some things but to do it all the time and kinda come off as a little screwed up in the head gets kinda annoying when he saw how he was in CoM and KH1 (i swear Namine forgot to put SOMETHING back inside Sora).

I kinda want them to develop Hayner, Pence, and Olette more and probably have them playing a bigger role in the grand scheme of things. They were pretty interesting characters and having someone Sora and Riku's age who's a hothead with a golden heart would be interesting to watch (imagine him and Riku bickering, it's hilarious lol).

I kinda want more Aqua too. She's a real mother figure that makes mistakes and has to learn to live with those mistakes but when she knows it's within her powers to fix things she does it.

I also miss what they kinda did with the FF characters not only being FF characters but being apart of the grander story.

Just do that for me. Having Hayner, Pence, Olette, Riku, Kairi, and Sora chill together with Aqua as the mom and probably Terra popping in and out now and again.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I think you don't understand Riku's character at all. He's not the hero who was taken over by darkness, but an antagonist who grew to become a hero. But to each their own, I suppose.

I do understand him I just think he's lame as shit, same goes for Terra, the only twist I liked for his character was that he became MX's vessel then quite literally became our most infamous antagonists yet, Ansem and Xemnas. Each to their own though, those characters (Riku and Terra) and the darkness within them does nothing for me.

I would like to see Saix be killed as well, I think he's beyond saving now as much as I like his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back