• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Caribbean, the Box and the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm replaying KINGDOM HEARTS III and I noticed that the Caribbean pretty much as two things:
1. The first instance of Sora dying (ending up in Davy Jones' Locker)
2. More exposure concerning the Blackbox.

The Caribbean ended up being a ramification of the game's main story. With that said, I believe that, the same way that Davy Jones' box held his heart, the Blackbox also holds the MoM's heart. It's my theory that, either the MoM turned himself into a Nobody and put his heart inside of the Blackbox, or he split his heart the same way as Xehanort did, but instead of planting his heart in someone else, he planted his heart in a box.

Why would he do this? Well, we know for a fact that the MoM comes from an age even further in the past than the Age of Fairytales and that there is an ongoing Keyblade War. It's my theory that the MoM toyed around in order to create a future where a person fit enough is born in order to help him win the Keyblade War he came from. It's my theory that his heart is inside the Blackbox because he is gonna give it to Sora in order to have Sora travel back in time alongside him in order to win the Keyblade War.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Mmmmm, I wouldn't say the Caribbean gave us more "exposure" to the Black Box. We don't see or learn anything knew about it, which also extends to the rest of KH3. Meaning it's effectively absent from the game in every sense that matters (with the exception of the epilogue, but even then we still don't a learn a thing concerning it).

In regards to the theory itself, all I can really say is that it's pretty out there, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on that a bit more.

D

Deleted member 252753

I believe the box containing the heart, probably the MoM's is a strong possibility, based on a few other cutscenes and particularly San Fransisco. I would maybe go a little further with my theory too.

The idea of a heart being in a box is also in Ienzo's secret report. Here the boxes are metaphorical but it's an interesting choice of metaphor, at least.

My own theory, based largely on San Fransisco, is that the organisation are trying (re-)create a heart from data, as Dark Riku does with the original Baymax. The 'Dark Baymax' cutscene discussing the construction of the heart is interesting in light of the main plot.

-The data is collected by the darkubes, a collection of small building blocks working as one, directed by a core.
- The heart contains 'the terror of being attacked with no warning, the despair of having nowhere to run, the longing for vengeance'.
-Sora & Co counter that a heart is more than that and has positive things, culminating with 'In every heart there's hope'
-Dark Riku agrees and says this is why the creation fought them to form a complete heart.
-Sora calls this 'a heart made from conflict'
-Dark Riku places the heart in a vessel (Baymax) and says the heart has one piece missing.
-'You can't have heart without sadness, without loss' so Sora will complete the heart by 'destroying Hiro's friend right in front of him'.

I think some parallels with the main plot are obvious but I will list what I can see.

-The darkubes is actually very similar to the Demon Tide, except that the latter is made out of shadow heartless. Both have a core, I think.
- The attack of the Demon Tide the first time in the Keyblade Graveyard could certainly provoke the 'terror of being attacked with no warning' and having 'nowhere to run' (someone does suggest they run from the Demon Tide but Riku says it's ' too late'.
- Luxord says that the box contains hope in the Carribbean.
-Maleficent comes to the conclusion that the box 'does not exist yet' and will be revealed at the conclusion of the Keyblade War as though 'made from conflict'
- Completion of the heart by destruction of a friend is the biggest giveaway for me. It would certainly explain better why Xehanort killed Kairi than 'motivation'.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I believe the box containing the heart, probably the MoM's is a strong possibility, based on a few other cutscenes and particularly San Fransisco. I would maybe go a little further with my theory too.

The idea of a heart being in a box is also in Ienzo's secret report. Here the boxes are metaphorical but it's an interesting choice of metaphor, at least.

My own theory, based largely on San Fransisco, is that the organisation are trying (re-)create a heart from data, as Dark Riku does with the original Baymax. The 'Dark Baymax' cutscene discussing the construction of the heart is interesting in light of the main plot.

-The data is collected by the darkubes, a collection of small building blocks working as one, directed by a core.
- The heart contains 'the terror of being attacked with no warning, the despair of having nowhere to run, the longing for vengeance'.
-Sora & Co counter that a heart is more than that and has positive things, culminating with 'In every heart there's hope'
-Dark Riku agrees and says this is why the creation fought them to form a complete heart.
-Sora calls this 'a heart made from conflict'
-Dark Riku places the heart in a vessel (Baymax) and says the heart has one piece missing.
-'You can't have heart without sadness, without loss' so Sora will complete the heart by 'destroying Hiro's friend right in front of him'.

I think some parallels with the main plot are obvious but I will list what I can see.

-The darkubes is actually very similar to the Demon Tide, except that the latter is made out of shadow heartless. Both have a core, I think.
- The attack of the Demon Tide the first time in the Keyblade Graveyard could certainly provoke the 'terror of being attacked with no warning' and having 'nowhere to run' (someone does suggest they run from the Demon Tide but Riku says it's ' too late'.
- Luxord says that the box contains hope in the Carribbean.
-Maleficent comes to the conclusion that the box 'does not exist yet' and will be revealed at the conclusion of the Keyblade War as though 'made from conflict'
- Completion of the heart by destruction of a friend is the biggest giveaway for me. It would certainly explain better why Xehanort killed Kairi than 'motivation'.
Interesting take. I guess the MoM wanted the Keyblade War to happen, not because of the xBlade nor Kingdom Hearts, but because of the emotional that made on someone, and I think that someone was Sora. But this begs the question: where did Luxu hide the Box? Was it in another Worldline and he needed someone to suffer in order to make it appear where it is?

The more I think about the Box, the more I think about an inverse Schrodinger's Box: everyone wanting the Box basically made it possible for the Box to return. The irony of it all would be that the Box is empty, and the importance of the Box is that it managed to appear where it was. Could the Blackbox be a test of someone wanting something so badly, that it magically appeared? Is that how Luxu summoned the Foretellers back? Is the MoM's grand experiment a way to cheat death by mere desire? Ascending even beyond Kingdom Hearts?

Back