• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Blade That Was Broken

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
Back in the times of KH2FM+, the secret ending was a shock to all of us. My favorite part of it was when MX froze Ventus and dropped him off the cliff. If you looked closely, as he was crashing down the mountainside, you could see that his keyblade shattered and fell after him.

Fastforward four years, and in the BBS cutscene of the battle, Ven's keyblade doesn't break, and you can see it when Aqua catches him.

Kinda funny, right?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
not canon nor does it matter he has whatever keyblade you gave him at the time

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was mostly for emotional effect in the secret ending. So in the game they changed it, mostly because the concept changed. Ven's blade was probably meant to break, but the story was changed that the need for it breaking was gone. Or again, just for effect.

not canon nor does it matter he has whatever keyblade you gave him at the time

Well, KH2FM SE was made canon by BBS. Minor changes were done, but it is all the same as in the game.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It was just a special effect they made. You'd also notice that in the final version of the game, they cut out MX sword fighting with Terra and MX freezing Terra's arm.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura did say he was asked by Disney to make the scene "less violent"

When did they say that?

I honestly think the reason is just because it's a freakin' PSP and they can't do all the fancy stuff like breaking helmets, keyblades, detailed breakings and markings in each character and an entire arm being frozen but detailed... seems more like a decision based on the PSP's limitations rather than censoring :/

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
I knew it was changed for some of those obvious reasons, but I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed it too.

On a similar note, I like how in BBS, after Terra falls off the cliff, he throws his helmet off. Then, when he is possessed by MX, his helmet is laying on the ground, and becomes part of the Lingering Sentiment. I like to think that when he took his armor off, the helmet at the bottom of the cliff disappeared too.

Awards
When did they say that?

I honestly think the reason is just because it's a freakin' PSP and they can't do all the fancy stuff like breaking helmets, keyblades, detailed breakings and markings in each character and an entire arm being frozen but detailed... seems more like a decision based on the PSP's limitations rather than censoring :/

I think you overestimate the challenge. It's not some big feat. Showing a piece of a helmet fall off, or Ven's keyblade breaking, or Terra's arm freezing, or Vanitas jumping off the cliff and thundering Terra should not be that big of a deal. Of course it wouldn't be in as much detail as the secret ending, but I don't see how these would be hard to depict. They showed Vanitas riding the keyblades just fine. And considering that I've heard nothing about it being "too violent" for Disney, I would sooner attribute it to laziness.

It probably wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the fact that some of those details made it into the intro. In the secret ending, it could have been shrugged off as a concept that was reject. But, c'mon, it's the game's intro, it makes no sense for it to be there. Though not all of it is bothersome. For instance, Sora/Riku/Mickey's keyblades at the crossroads and Terra's eyes turning yellow can be seen to be more symbolic. But Ven's helmet breaking? Terra's arm freezing? They're in the intro and they're sure as hell not symbolic.

Also kind of disappointed that we didn't get to see Ven's keyblade break, as it was an interesting concept. Probably had something to do with Ven's heart being incomplete/breaking.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Eh, I think it was already obvious that some things were gonna get cut out. I mean, look at Deep Dive. In KH2 and KH 358/2 Days, did we ever get anything close to as intense as what we got from KH1FM secret ending? No we didn't. Kairi on the screen didn't appear, there were about 12 Neoshadows instead of 100, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back