• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The biggest let down (NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

siegleeagle

Okay I have a really big question for you all and I don't know exactly where to put it so here it goes. Final Fantasy XIII and Kingdom Hearts 2 are considered to be let downs/ hated by a lot of people, but which one would you say was the bigger let down and why?

superbanana

earth (but thats just what an alien would want you
I think they were both better than their previous games so neither were let downs to me, however, i've never played any final fantasy games other than tactics advanced. i would say the one that was more close to being a let-down for me was final fantasy XIII becuase square enix wasted their time with that when they could have been making a new kingdom hearts game.the biggest let-down for somebody that plays both kingdom hearts and final fantasy would be kingdom hearts 2 because 1. the graphics aren't as good (as far as i can tell) 2. it looks like the combat system was a big step up from final fantasy XII (just my -2 cents worth) (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Zul

Awards
I think they were both better than their previous games so neither were let downs to me, however, i've never played any final fantasy games other than tactics advanced. i would say the one that was more close to being a let-down for me was final fantasy XIII becuase square enix wasted their time with that when they could have been making a new kingdom hearts game.the biggest let-down for somebody that plays both kingdom hearts and final fantasy would be kingdom hearts 2 because 1. the graphics aren't as good (as far as i can tell) 2. it looks like the combat system was a big step up from final fantasy XII (just my -2 cents worth) (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

BBS sales: 1.70M

FF13 sales: 6.38M

gamrReview - Browse Games

Final Fantasy XIII Sales (PS3) at gamrReview

I highly doubt Square-Enix considers a game that sold five times more than the latest "main" KH game a "waste of time".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
KH 2. FF XIII has/had better graphics, arguably better gameplay, larger worlds, more NPC's, an improved plot from other games, characters that didn't jump around with their emotions every 5 minutes and a more "interesting" system for leveling up.

Xenin

Banned
BBS sales: 1.70M

FF13 sales: 6.38M

gamrReview - Browse Games

Final Fantasy XIII Sales (PS3) at gamrReview

I highly doubt Square-Enix considers a game that sold five times more than the latest "main" KH game a "waste of time".

The thing about those is..They really can't judge how the fans think. I mean I bought FFXIII and returned it within a week. I still play BBS. I mean it may just be me but, just because a game sells a lot doesn't mean it's not a let down. That's the point of a let down. A game you bought expecting it to be good but wasn't anything you figured it would be.

And as for my let down.. KH2 definitely was a huge let down. I loved the original and waited so long for 2. I even skipped school to get it haha. But once you get to the core of the game you could smash X and win every fight..Just my opinion.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Okay I have a really big question for you all and I don't know exactly where to put it so here it goes. Final Fantasy XIII and Kingdom Hearts 2 are considered to be let downs/ hated by a lot of people, but which one would you say was the bigger let down and why?

Let downs? It depends who's asking.

I don't know - i suppose people's expectations were just too high.
Oddly enough, I played KH2 right after I'd first played KH1 - And loved it. I liked the sequel
As for FFXIII - I haven't PLAYED it yet - but i've watched the entire thing on youtube - 4 times and still plan on playing it - why? Because of the characters and the character development.

Yes both games were DIFFERENT from their previous predeceasing titles - however when I played objectively - I didn't see them as let downs.

BBS was a let down for me though -cause i was an active stalker of the series. I loved the game and if I'd played it in the same manner I'd played KH2 in, i don't think it would have been a let down.

The problem with both FFXIII and KH2 assumably is that they, like in the case of BBS - were over-hyped.
There's such a massive build up and wait that gamers build up unreasonable expectations and then find themselves - disappointed.

If you play games with some level of objectivity - they're not usually a let-down.

Zul

Awards
The thing about those is..They really can't judge how the fans think.

It isn't a response to "how fans might have thought", it's a response to him calling FFXIII a waste of time. To Square, it clearly wasn't, sales matter to them more than a vocal minority of people screaming "this isn't Final Fantasy VII 4.0, it sucks!"

StVen

For me, the biggest let down is no other than FFXIII. Too linear for me and there were no exploration whatsoever (until Gran Pulse). It's like you have to go here whether you like it or not lol. No towns and little to no NPCs, all you have is this machine that lets you buy and save. The battle system is nice though. It is just the story that is linear.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Kingdom Hearts 2 because it sucks. I CAN POST WHAT I THINK YOU FACIST!!!

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
both are entertaining games. i liked kh2 a lot when i first played it, went through a gay phase of hating, now i think it's a fun silly game (which birth by sleep and all other games following kh2 are NOT), but it's probably a worse game than ffxiii. both are fun, though, didn't think either was a let down by any means.

people who bitch about ffxiii are usually really stupid or disliking it for the wrong reasons, people who bitch about kh2 need to chillax a little bit. people who bitch about birth by sleep are usually pretty justified.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
both are entertaining games. i liked kh2 a lot when i first played it, went through a gay phase of hating, now i think it's a fun silly game

Same here, minus the hating phase. I absolutely loved it when it first came out, and since then I've realized that it didn't exactly show first-class storytelling, but it's still fun. The dialogue is cheesy in a wonderful way, the soundtrack is amazing, it's got plenty of Disney fanservice, and it has Demyx. So I still enjoy it a lot. I can't say how I feel about FFXIII because I haven't played it yet, but since I'm only just getting acquainted with FF games, I doubt I'll find it disappointing.

Zul

Awards
both are entertaining games. i liked kh2 a lot when i first played it, went through a gay phase of hating, now i think it's a fun silly game (which birth by sleep and all other games following kh2 are NOT), but it's probably a worse game than ffxiii. both are fun, though, didn't think either was a let down by any means.

people who bitch about ffxiii are usually really stupid or disliking it for the wrong reasons, people who bitch about kh2 need to chillax a little bit. people who bitch about birth by sleep are usually pretty justified.

I didn't think BBS gameplay was as bad as KH2, mostly in that reaction commands were more varied and you had to do more than mash X(at least against bosses). The Dialogue wasn't nearly as...weird either.

BBS had one thing that no half-decent game has though, load times for pausing and unpausing the damn screen.

I don't think either game was as bad as Days, which was 30 hours dedicated to finding out that Roxas did nothing, and then forgot about it.

siegleeagle

I want to say that I love both games I just wanted to hear what the people on one of the most complainiest sites I'v ever been on (and I say this with a lot of love!!!) think.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
i liked kh2 a lot when i first played it, went through a gay phase of hating, now i think it's a fun silly game

This is how I basically felt after joining this site. Thought it was the best game in the series before I joined, after a few months of joining here I started to realize its faults, then I went back to liking it again.

This is basically how I feel too, though I never played ffXIII.

BBS had one thing that no half-decent game has though, load times for pausing and unpausing the damn screen.

...which is fixed by doing data install.

siegleeagle

You know the funny thing about me is KH2 was not fun to me but after coming to this site and getting pissed at the hate I love it. I really don't understand some hate for both series. I can understand linearity and stuff but the plot made sense for it and the auto battle is optional and i dont use it. Now for KH2 it was easier but is an easy game not fun? It depends on the person. Also console jumping I made a gigantic post in the kh for vita thread if you wanna know what I think.

Zul

Awards
...which is fixed by doing data install.

Did that, it still had noticeable lag when pausing compared to other games. I don't mean a mid-battle pause, I mean accessing the menu and such.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
To understand why FFXIII was a huge let down take a look at this Checked out FFXIII

Look for a member named Tibiquera has a long detailed post about why it was major let down.

As for KH2 vs. FFXIII in which was worse hate tips to FFXIII I don't like KH2 for various reasons, but their minor compared to FF13.

For KH2 it had a very cheesey storyline I'm talking dialogue wise and plot holes, and the fact that they seem to forget about the plot after the beginning up until midway around the 1000 heartless battle then the plot seems to disappear again somewhat. Then the battle system it's way to easy the entire time except for a few reaction commands you could mash X to win it didn't take any skill maybe besides a few dodges, but the boss battle's were lackluster even the final boss. I was mad with KH1's final boss battle, but 2's was worse it was longer and looked cooler, but worse.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Did that, it still had noticeable lag when pausing compared to other games. I don't mean a mid-battle pause, I mean accessing the menu and such.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
When people give reasons upon why FFXIII was better than KH2, you should remember that these two games are on two very different gaming consoles. Xbox 360 can support better graphics and more data for games, i.e. leveling systems, graphics etc. I did like FFXIII, but I disliked the battle system, although it was better and more fast-paced than previous FF games (FFXII was just terrible altogether). The reason I admire Kingdom Hearts is not only for its storyline, but also it's face-paced battle system. So, I would have to say that FFXIII was a bigger letdown.

For KH2 it had a very cheesey storyline I'm talking dialogue wise and plot holes, and the fact that they seem to forget about the plot after the beginning up until midway around the 1000 heartless battle then the plot seems to disappear again somewhat. Then the battle system it's way to easy the entire time except for a few reaction commands you could mash X to win it didn't take any skill maybe besides a few dodges, but the boss battle's were lackluster even the final boss. I was mad with KH1's final boss battle, but 2's was worse it was longer and looked cooler, but worse.

I completely agree.

siegleeagle

To understand why FFXIII was a huge let down take a look at this Checked out FFXIII

Look for a member named Tibiquera has a long detailed post about why it was major let down.

As for KH2 vs. FFXIII in which was worse hate tips to FFXIII I don't like KH2 for various reasons, but their minor compared to FF13.

The things that the person you directed me to mentioned are all reasons why I like this game so your point is about opinion. The only complaints I have is the datalog and how every character felt the same because they all had the same type of roles.

AT THE POST ABOVE ME: If your saying you like something better because KH has faster paced gameplay then thats just not right because they are two types. You have turn based or action. Of course Final Fantasy is going to be slower. Thats a reason for opinion so in the end its what makes it better for the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back