• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Biggest Disappointments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Dark Mamba

Awards
The new Princess of Heart storyline. :mad:

Y!kes. I was really excited for this because of the mystery of who the other princesses were and how it would tie into the main plot. That's not quite what we got :/ Such a letdown. Corona set it up pretty well but the rest of the game failed to deliver.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
- Maleficent and Pete having a big plot build up since 2011 NOT come to fruition

- Naminé being touted as a big player but ultimately not having much to do

- Character payoffs not actually being paid off. Roxas and Ven's interactions has been a thing this fandom has wanted to see for 9 years and it was passed off in a single comment... oh I'm sorry it was also passed off in Axel speaking through the audiences wishes in Yen Sid's tower. DOESN'T excuse how poorly executed that was. I wanted to see them interact.

- Situations commands are actually too frequent, despite my loving use of them to clear mobs.

- Story being sent to the back half of the game, after all of the Disney worlds instead of being integrated throughout the Disney worlds. Would have been nice for original story to happen and then that be reflected throughout those Disney worlds.

- What the FUCK was with Hans!?!?! That was absolutely ridiculous.

- EVERYTHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT CLOSURE FOR THE XEHANORT SAGA WAS INSTEAD POINTED TOWARDS KHUX AND THE FUTURE OF KH. THIS GAME WAS SAID TO CLOSE OFF THE XEHANORT STORYLINE, WHICH SURE IT DID, BUT I DIDN'T THINK THEY'D SPEND MOST OF THE TIME FOCUSING ON THE FUTURE.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
for me the biggest disappointment was the fandom tbh
I felt disappointment in the fandom leading up to the games release. Specifically, believing a poster that showed three dolls named Julia priced at $20.18 each, and that Wreck-it-Ralph would be a world.

Nothing in my life has stressed me out more than with people ignoring clear logic for falsities like that before. Not the stress from four years at university while getting two bachelor degrees, or the stress from spending a year trying to find work to sustain myself. Even the stress of trying to work 10+ hours a day and trying to provide for a bunch of editors have come close to the frustration stress I've felt on these forums for the last year.

No, the real painful stress was from people who didn't listen to logic and reason and instead through what I and others said aside in order to believe in things that would obviously never come to fruition.

Even now, post release, I'm disappointed in this fandom yes.

redcrown

Awards
- Story being sent to the back half of the game

I don't even give the game that much leeway; most of the rushed plot was held at the last 3/4 of the game, more than halfway through.

- EVERYTHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT CLOSURE FOR THE XEHANORT SAGA WAS INSTEAD POINTED TOWARDS KHUX AND THE FUTURE OF KH. THIS GAME WAS SAID TO CLOSE OFF THE XEHANORT STORYLINE, WHICH SURE IT DID, BUT I DIDN'T THINK THEY'D SPEND MOST OF THE TIME FOCUSING ON THE FUTURE.

This to me was the most egregious sin KH3 committed. As much of a good teaser as the secret ending was, the main plot itself was supposed to wrap everything else nicely in a final tight bow, no matter how lazily. It would have been nice if the saga ended on a more finite note so fans who are tired of the series could have left with a more satisfying and complete exit, but no; gotta keep even the weary and completely done fans possibly chasing any loose ends we leave.

while we can cringe about Kairi's combat skills, she still was the one thanks to who everyone is alive because of the...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
. Built up character arcs from the previous games being shoved aside, under utilized and dumbed down, in focus for filler Disney characters and KHUX elements that served no purpose to overall story structure. Throwing around motivations for the characters without any sense of closure nor development. Look, finish what you started and then move on to the new saga. Or else you're gonna piss off a lot people. That have beyond a good reason to be criticising this game.
I actually cared for the side stuff that had been built up in the series prior to Dream Drop Distance. I was open, cared for those characters and I was hopeful for them to get the closure they deserved with dignity and a sense of respect, since they clearly had that in mind by the end of BBS. Thank you for nothing, you ill focused troll Nomura. The guy is sure to have a less trusted fanbase after this game. And the constant childish fandom wars feeling the need to prove why previous games are worse than KH3 is risible at this point.

. Beyond boring world execution, far too many dragging cutscenes filling the time with the most trashy dialogue presented in the series this far. Preachy garbage nonsense constantly forced down your throat about light and goodness, that had been done in the past, but this time it crossed the line. A burden of character dialogue while exploring worlds " Hey look! A lucky Emblem! This might be a good spot to find some iNgReDiENtS! That sounds like Olaf!" One more time Duck and I'll cut your vocal chords. Did they seriously expect gamers aged 16+ to remain sane with this annoyance. Never in the past have they ever been this much of a nuisance. Although it shouldn't have come as a surprise since, you know Frozen is in this thing. The 12+ recommendation rating for this game is ridiculous, should have been 7+. It isn't geared towards teenagers and up. Just because Disney is involved doesn't excuse it for being a lot more kid friendly than previous titles in the series.

There is more, but I don't feel any need to address more since I was bored out of my wits re-visiting the game.
what was the point to have the trio get a haircut? they didn't change or grow as the game progressed, so what was the point? The only point it served was making the characters look younger.

Last edited:

SerDuncan

Yep. Very hard to disagree.

Yeah, that's been one of my biggest disappointments too. The fandom has come down really hard on people who didn't like the game, and it's really disheartening to watch. Videos like Sunburned Albino's that criticize everyone who didn't love the game is really disappointing, I expected a bit more.

On the other hand, I've had some wonderful conversations on this forum. Have said some stuff, got educated, changed my opinions on aspects of KH3... so I guess it's just that there will always be dark corners to every fandom.

drew0512

Awards
Yeah, that's been one of my biggest disappointments too. The fandom has come down really hard on people who didn't like the game, and it's really disheartening to watch. Videos like Sunburned Albino's that criticize everyone who didn't love the game is really disappointing, I expected a bit more.

On the other hand, I've had some wonderful conversations on this forum. Have said some stuff, got educated, changed my opinions on aspects of KH3... so I guess it's just that there will always be dark corners to every fandom.

The thing is pretty much two-sided, we shouldn't play the victim card only when it comes to one "side". Fandom are always like this anyway, some are better and some are worse and I happen to think that the KH one is definitely on the worse side.

SerDuncan

The thing is pretty much two-sided, we shouldn't play the victim card only when it comes to one "side". Fandom are always like this anyway, some are better and some are worse and I happen to think that the KH one is definitely on the worse side.

Oh, absolutely. My apologies, I meant to put something in there about frustrations on both sides, but I guess I got scrambled and didn't. It's the extremes on either side that are really causing the most frustration.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I wish the game made me want to replay but I have zero interest in starting the game over.

Back