• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Biggest Disappointments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
It won't be recent when KH4 comes out in 2027?
Depending on when the next KH game come out, but realistically I'd say we might get the next KH game around 2021 or 2022 with KH4 perhaps around 2023/2024 not to mention that the developers are using the Unreal 4 Engine development and they can reuse the same assets from KH3 for future games so the next ones can come out sooner than later.

mriku90

Awards
Depending on when the next KH game come out, but realistically I'd say we might get the next KH game around 2021 or 2022 with KH4 perhaps around 2023/2024 not to mention that the developers are using the Unreal 4 Engine development and they can reuse the same assets from KH3 for future games so the next ones can come out sooner than later.

Exactly and the switching of the engines after trying to create their own, I believe is what why KH3 took as long as it did. The next one won't take as long.

Thorf

Honestly, my biggest disappointment is that other fans didn't enjoy it as much as I did. The amount of negativity is far more disappointing than any problems I had with the game itself. I'm not interested in dissecting it or even pointing out its mistakes; I just want to enjoy talking about it with others, that's all.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This is a really difficult list to compile due to the sheer length of verbage a comprehensive inventory would entail. What didn't disappoint would be a more reasonable approach: the game itself is the biggest disappointment, from start to end it underperforms on every level. Is it an effective character drama? Ha, what characters. Is it a rousing fantasy adventure? If by rousing and adventurous we mean an expository autopsy on the sense of magic this series once evoked. Is it fun to play? If our definition of fun is crawling (or rushing) through massive, empty levels that are neither sufficiently open world or sufficiently linear to keep the pacing consistent and convey any kind of payoff at the end of them. The biggest disappointment was that I liberated myself of hope well prior to release and not only were my fears vindicated, it still managed to let me down.

Xagzan

Awards
This is a really difficult list to compile due to the sheer length of verbage a comprehensive inventory would entail. What didn't disappoint would be a more reasonable approach: the game itself is the biggest disappointment, from start to end it underperforms on every level. Is it an effective character drama? Ha, what characters. Is it a rousing fantasy adventure? If by rousing and adventurous we mean an expository autopsy on the sense of magic this series once evoked. Is it fun to play? If our definition of fun is crawling (or rushing) through massive, empty levels that are neither sufficiently open world or sufficiently linear to keep the pacing consistent and convey any kind of payoff at the end of them. The biggest disappointment was that I liberated myself of hope well prior to release and not only were my fears vindicated, it still managed to let me down.

And I could have overlooked all of this, indeed I was overlooking all of this, and having a grand old time all the way through, until Nomura decided to do the one thing he absolutely Could. Not. Do.

And well, I've ranted about that already. But right now I can't even think of all the positives I enjoyed, I just see red.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
And I could have overlooked all of this, indeed I was overlooking all of this, and having a grand old time all the way through, until Nomura decided to do the one thing he absolutely Could. Not. Do.

And well, I've ranted about that already. But right now I can't even think of all the positives I enjoyed, I just see red.
Like you, but perhaps in a sort of parallel frame of mind to yours, the disastrous treatment of women in the game would have been enough to turn me away from it, even presuming all else had been marked by a strong (who are we kidding, even of competent) aspect. I noted the resurgence of old and distasteful trends with regards to feminine agency and representation well ahead of release, during the reveal of Anti Aqua and the New Seven Hearts, and I predicted that it spelled disaster for the integration of women in the game, but even I didn't guess at how wrong and backwards Nomura could be on what constitutes acceptable narration in this regard: he frankly blew me away with just how wilfully or unconsciously oblivious he is, and it's definitely one of the bigger chips on my shoulder.

My hope is that women who have played the games will make a decision not to support the series moving forward. Nomura relies on us turning a blind eye and making that cynical excuse to ourselves that we don't deserve better, but it's Nomura who doesn't deserve us. This isn't going to get better, the main female protagonists for Kh Gacha are already being prefaced for need of rescue and as problems that need to be solved, and it isn't 2002 anymore. It's not 2006, or even 2010 either. It's 2019 and we can do better.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Like you, but perhaps in a sort of parallel frame of mind to yours, the disastrous treatment of women in the game would have been enough to turn me away from it, even presuming all else had been marked by a strong (who are we kidding, even of competent) aspect. I noted the resurgence of old and distasteful trends with regards to feminine agency and representation well ahead of release, during the reveal of Anti Aqua and the New Seven Hearts, and I predicted that it spelled disaster for the integration of women in the game, but even I didn't guess at how wrong and backwards Nomura could be on what constitutes acceptable narration in this regard: he frankly blew me away with just how wilfully or unconsciously oblivious he is, and it's definitely one of the bigger chips on my shoulder.

My hope is that women who have played the games will make a decision not to support the series moving forward. Nomura relies on us turning a blind eye and making that cynical excuse to ourselves that we don't deserve better, but it's Nomura who doesn't deserve us. This isn't going to get better, the main female protagonists for Kh Gacha are already being prefaced for need of rescue and as problems that need to be solved, and it isn't 2002 anymore. It's not 2006, or even 2010 either. It's 2019 and we can do better.

I'm gonna preface this by saying Nomura probably wouldn't do this, and would botch it, buuuuut....

Spoiler Spoiler Show

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'm gonna preface this by saying Nomura probably wouldn't do this, and would botch it, buuuuut....

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards

Geez you'll trash this game even for the positives the majority of people have given it. If you're done with the series then just be done with it already my goodness. This need to force your POV on others is just exhausting and you've been doing it for literally 3 months at this point.

Xagzan

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well, I mean we already know Sora's still gonna be the protagonist going forward. Now, I may be pissed off, but I won't be able to give up on the dream as long as the series goes on. Just a stubborn fool that way. And saving face or no, I prefer happy endings.

But ultimately I don't care if it's to save Sora or literally anything else, I will always want her to do something. To be treated as more than disposable plot coupon. Some way, somehow, the worth of female characters in KH needs to extend beyond how they impact their male counterparts. I don't know how that can happen, since yes, Nomura clearly is either willfully or unconsciously oblivious, but I can't stop wishing for it. Gimme that damn bone.

Last edited:

drew0512

Awards
Lack of FF characters (specifically the Radiant Garden crew) is the only major disappointment that comes to my mind right now. As a FF7 fan, I was really looking forward to them.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
- Lack of original worlds
- The overall story. The quest to find the power of waking? YAWN
- Kairi's role
- No major second playable character section
- Final Fantasy characters. (Shame on Nomura for not realizing their value to the series)
- Boss battle difficulty. Not a single boss killed me until MX.......ON PROUD MODE!!!
- Arendelle's story (particularly the 2nd half where there's no more interaction with Elsa or Anna)
- Post game content.
- Rapunzel not being a party member post hair-cut off. (Give her the Frying pan and let Eugene use his dagger)
- San Fransokyo's level design. It's just a dull looking city (especially at day time)

Still a fun game. But quit frankly the mishaps the game had were unacceptable.

Hate to be a negative-Nelly but some other stuff I thought of

- Awkwardly voiceless characters (Phil, Dilan, Aeleus, Hans)
- Other than Aqua, no selfie opportunities with the main cast.
- All major events being saved post-Disney worlds
- SDG being sidelined for the middle of At World's End story. (The beginning and end of the world were fantastic)
- Sora only talking to Elsa and Anna once each. Yikes
- Hans' role and Disney's restrictions on Arendelle in general
- 100 Acre Wood. Nuff said.

Xagzan

Awards
Lack of FF characters (specifically the Radiant Garden crew) is the only major disappointment that comes to my mind right now. As a FF7 fan, I was really looking forward to them.

Would've been nice to have a final match vs. Sephiroth.

Aurora Lark

Awards
Well I loved this game and I think my friend liked so we're more positive about it! But that doesn 't mean I don't know there's flaw and willing to talk about them. Unfortunately I think some people see one thing they dislike or hate and allow that to color the rest of their experince :( But you guys have lots of good reasons. My ones were

No true huge explorable final worlds like Hollow Bastion End of the World or World that Never Was
There should have been more character interactions betwen diffrent main groups heres looking at you Roxas and Ventus
100 Acre Wood I loved seeing the characters but what was the purpose other then that?

Enturax

Awards

You seem to be exaggerating but then again up to this very moment I haven't familiarized myself with that forced KHUX's plot. Anyway, pretty much every character has been trashed in this game, not just the females. And while we can cringe about Kairi's combat skills, she still was the one thanks to who everyone is alive because of the...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That would be a D move considering that all of them were always rescuing each other. Let's not move to the last resorts just because Nomura's writing can be sucky sometimes (and such move would definitely not change the overall opinion about it).

The Kid

Awards
I've mostly checked out of the actual KH story for a while now so most of my issues don't really have anything to do with that. I'm playing this series mostly for Disney fanservice at this point and because the games are usually pretty fun. That said, even though I don't care much for the story anymore, Kairi's role in the game was really just that bad lol. Like yikes​

Enjoyed the game but my biggest issues were
-No Final Fantasy characters. WTF was that. Horrible decision. Who cares about Hayner, Pence, and Olette. Where's Squall?
-Attraction flows were very gimmicky
-Summons not as versatile as in KH2
-Sora's ground combos not as fluid and fast as KH2
-No Elsa party member in Arrendale
-No real original worlds to take a breather and not a strong midpoint like Radiant Garden in KH2. Twilight Town too small
-Game was honestly very easy. Critical has its work cut out for it when it comes to game balancing

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
-No Final Fantasy characters. WTF was that. Horrible decision. Who cares about Hayner, Pence, and Olette. Where's Squall?
Part of me still believes the lack of FF characters is connected to Nomura's bitterness over XV in some way. Like he didn't want to have to deal with fans asking him to put Noctis, Prompto, Ignis, etc. in the KH series at some point. Because the explanation that they would somehow "distract from" the original story is ludicrous.

The Kid

Awards
Part of me still believes the lack of FF characters is connected to Nomura's bitterness over XV in some way. Like he didn't want to have to deal with fans asking him to put Noctis, Prompto, Ignis, etc. in the KH series at some point. Because the explanation that they would somehow "distract from" the original story is ludicrous.
I tend to agree with you but still, he could have easily incorporated FF characters without introducing the XV guys. I'd love to see someone like Rinoa or Lightning appear but I could have settled for the characters who have already appeared. Nomura is gonna be working on the VII Remake so I was hoping he'd at least bring Cloud/Tifa/Sephiroth for a small appearance. Idk what he was thinking really since so much of the game was filler. They could have easily put a FF guest character in one of the disney worlds or had the Radiant Garden Crew appear for a decent amount

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com

I tend to agree with you but still, he could have easily incorporated FF characters without introducing the XV guys. I'd love to see someone like Rinoa or Lightning appear but I could have settled for the characters who have already appeared. Nomura is gonna be working on the VII Remake so I was hoping he'd at least bring Cloud/Tifa/Sephiroth for a small appearance. Idk what he was thinking really since so much of the game was filler. They could have easily put a FF guest character in one of the disney worlds or had the Radiant Garden Crew appear for a decent amount

I mean, they even put Zack Fair into BBS... They didn't have one cameo in this game other than the MOOGLES. And a toy version of CACTAUR. It's honestly embarrassing.

Back