• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Best/Worst Game You've Ever Played

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
What is the best and worst game you had ever experienced?

My favorite would be Final Fantasy X. Everything about this game shines from bottom to top. The story can be hard to follow, but ends up eventually magical and emotional. The characters are great, with their own unique personalities and well-developed chemistry with one to another. Fantastic gameplay, fantastic growth system, and fantastic graphics during it's time.

As for my least favorite, that would be...
Madagascar_Kartz_Cover.jpg

Honestly, I don't think I need to state why.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
The best game for me is Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (or of course Kingdom Hearts 2)
Worst?
31114front-7232.jpg

This game gives me RAGE.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Best: Kingdom Hearts DDD (I'd say KH2 if it weren't for the story or TLOU if it weren't for the gameplay)
Worst KH 358/2 Days

Griewer

Awards
This is a difficult question because I can't make an unbiased answer. When i'm into a series I usually name the favorite piece of the series as the best game... but when I jump to another game series I change the favorite game as well. :'D
Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts 2, Oblivion (used to be Morrowind though) are all very-very-VERY good competitors for the "favorite game" title, but as I said this is a cyclical thing. :D

As for the worst game:
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
I cannot express my distaste and hatred for this something. A flawed child from Capcom on every damn level.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think Bloodborne may be the best I've ever played.

Sonic 06 was really bad, but entertaining... Birth by Sleep isn't as bad, but ultimately was less fun to make fun of. Just stale and bad.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
My personal favorite would be Final Fantasy IX, followed by Kingdom Hearts (1). They're both fun to play, have almost full casts that I love, and give me the feels as a bonus. But I'll admit I haven't played a huge amount of games just because of how expensive they are.

My worst? Hmmm. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (PS2) or The Hobbit (PS2). I thought the first 3 games for HP (including the two different versions of HP&PS) were decent movie-based fodder, but the PoA was so awful I didn't finish the whole thing and it convinced me not to buy the games for the rest of the movies (which made sense, because the change in quality with the games matched the change in quality of the films...). I'll stick with LEGO HP.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Either KH1 or KH2. Can't choose, my favorite of the two is usually the one I'm currently playing. They're both 10/10 for me. But I also have to mention IB, it's a short pixel horror game and I absolutely love the story, the puzzles, the music, the characters, everything. It's so good and has a special place in my heart. All three of those games are pretty even.

Worst? Probably one of the awful horse games I used to play with my best friendo. We played through a bunch of them two years ago for childhood nostalgia and they were just absolutely terrible in every possible way. Special mention for Secret of the Magic Crystal which was so bad it was hilarious.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
best game is Kingdom Hearts DDD. i cannot say this enough, it is my favorite game of all time for so many reasons.

i have played so many awful games i really can't keep track so i'll name off the one most recent in memory; skylanders. my brother makes me play it with him and its so bad, none of it works good and the designs are stupid and cheap cash grabs to get the money of parents. imagine DI without the nostalgia and charm.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Man people who are saying 358/2 days is the worst game youve ever played must mean you guys must not play a lot of bad games. Because it's far from the worst I've played.

Best games I've ever played is ocarina of time and kh2:fm.

Worst is:
Superman64box.jpg

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Man people who are saying 358/2 days is the worst game youve ever played must mean you guys must not play a lot of bad games. Because it's far from the worst I've played.

Best games I've ever played is ocarina of time and kh2:fm.

Worst is:
Superman64box.jpg

Uh or maybe it's just personal opinion?
Like...Days almost had me kill my Nintendo DS and that does say a lot for me personally.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, it doesn't really mean they haven't played largely bad games, it just means they enjoyed that one the least.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That's hard.
The again, the ending of Final Fantasy X had me crying for 3 hours. I really do love that game. It was emotional and I loved the cast

I also love the Operation Rainfall trio for different reasons:

Pandora's Tower: Simple and emotional straight forward story, going through the towers was fun and the bosses are great, the interaction between Aeron and Elena is sweet, Mavda is a great old lady and her husband is the best character ever.
Xenoblade: Big expansive world, likable cast, story quality takes a bump down near the end but it's great for the majority of it, Riki is best marshmallow.
The Last Story: Best cast of the three games, you can tell that things were cut due to budget and/or time but the story never flounders, never loses it's humor and knows just when to use it, Syrenne is bestest broad.

And great music for all three.
But I will say out of the three, Pandora's Tower was the best.

For worst game?
I dunno. My World, My Way comes to mind.
200px-MyworldmywayDS.jpg

I wouldn't say it's terrible. Just something that had potential but is surely lacking.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Uh or maybe it's just personal opinion?
Like...Days almost had me kill my Nintendo DS and that does say a lot for me personally.

I never it wasn't a valid opinion. I just made an observation.

Rix

:)
Awards
The best game for me is Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (or of course Kingdom Hearts 2)
Worst?
31114front-7232.jpg

This game gives me RAGE.
I used to have the Lion King game on GameBoy and it eas a lot easier than the SNES/PC version. My cousin had the PC version, and whenever I was at his house, I always begged him to play the game even though he hated it. We never made it past the Hakuna Matata level, and I believe the game pretty much becomes a nightmare after that!

So, on topic. Gotta agree that FFX is a fantastic game. I replayed the game last year, and it still helds up quite well. I really wish I could mention any KH games here, but even though I love them, I know that there are tons of better games out there.

Worst... Hmmm... The Sims: Bustin' out for PS2. Gotta admit that I've been a simmer since the very first game, and I wanted a sims game on my ps2... aaaand it sucked. I'm also very dissapointed with the sims 4. Another horrible game was Sonic Labyrinth. I haven't played any modern Sonic games with a bad reputation, but let's just say that the old spin-off Sonic titles could be horrible as well.

And I did actually enjoy 358/2 days.It's just that some of the bosses are really annoying because of the controls. Ruler of the sky and Leechgrave especially! I would have replayed the game some more if the controls were better and the bosses less annoying.

VirgilB

Right now Bloodborne is probably my worst game. I can't get past the wolf-dogs in the very first chapter! I hate it that it doesn't save more often. It is not, it would seem, a game for the casual gamer.

Back