• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Best/Worst Game You've Ever Played

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I used to play that in the local daycare while I was sent there, huh. I used to be obsessed with it as a kid, but now that you mention it it probably was terrible.

[video=youtube;bcMUjlahD_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcMUjlahD_w[/video]

Well, I found the first part of the Cat in the Hat for the PS2. I am getting annoyed with the banter between the fish and the cat.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
The best game for me is Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (or of course Kingdom Hearts 2)
Worst?
31114front-7232.jpg

This game gives me RAGE.

Well, Caddicarus did a pretty good critique of this game.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh, GOD, this looks WAY worse than I remember!

Well, I found something which might be far worse. [video=youtube;m-6W5Ox73cA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6W5Ox73cA[/video]

Last edited:

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
My best would be Crusader Kings 2 (still playing it lol)

My worst and probably the most disappointing would be the Unlimited Saga on Ps2. God, I remember hyped for that game. I am such a sucker for good VG art style.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Shadow the Hedgehog, worst game I ever touched. The controls were just, yuck. Couldn't even finish the game. As far as the best game I've played, hmm, difficult. I played a lot of good games, few I would consider great. Uncharted 2 (though I feel the 4th one is overall better, but the 2nd game was unlike anything I experienced during that time) sticks out to me. I also enjoyed ME2. MGS2 was amazing despite its wackiness. I played games that were superior in some categories but faltered in others, but didn't quite dampen my overall experience of the game, such a MGS4. I also really liked the Last of Us... As a child I really enjoyed playing Mario 64, though I'm sure there were other games at that time that resonated with me.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
[video=youtube;04Q9IYopf9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Q9IYopf9k[/video] I found this game. It seems like it might have a similar quality as The Cat In the Hat game, both are for the listed consoles: XBOX, PS2, and GameCube. I haven't heard anyone bring up the game.

sephydark

Awards
Worst game I ever played was probably Shrek: Treasure Hunt on the PS1. It was some sort of mini-game collection thing; I barely played it because I realized it was terrible even back then. Almost completely forgot it until today. Luckily I haven't played too many truly terrible games, though.

Best is... well, I don't really like declaring a best game but my favorite is FF7. Man, what a good game.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Best: Resident Evil 4. Classic masterpiece
Worst: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi. There's certainly nothing "ultimate" about this game. This fighting game is so stale. Everything was based on luck if you wanted to win and it's gameplay felt so limited.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Worst game I ever played was probably Shrek: Treasure Hunt on the PS1. It was some sort of mini-game collection thing; I barely played it because I realized it was terrible even back then. Almost completely forgot it until today. Luckily I haven't played too many truly terrible games, though.

Best is... well, I don't really like declaring a best game but my favorite is FF7. Man, what a good game.

Well, I found this and it looks like there was another Shrek game and from the thumbnail, Shrek from the other game looks like a horribly disfigured chibi.

Shrek's Treasure Hunt:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The other game: Shrek: Hassle At the Castle
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I never got into FFVII, because the game would always freeze on when Tidus was about to hit the ball during the opening scene of blitzball on PS2. I am waiting to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon on my PS4, but that's another story. Shrek also had a fighting game called Shrek: Fairytale Freakdown.

Last edited:

sephydark

Awards
Well, I found this and it looks like there was another Shrek game and from the thumbnail, Shrek from the other game looks like a horribly disfigured chibi.

That's the one! Looks like that other Shrek game may have actually been worse; glad I never wasted my money on it.

I never got into FFVII, because the game would always freeze on when Tidus was about to hit the ball during the opening scene of blitzball on PS2. I am waiting to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon on my PS4, but that's another story. Shrek also had a fighting game called Shrek: Fairytale Freakdown.

You're thinking of FFX. FFVII was on PS1; the main character is called Cloud and you start by blowing up a power plant. Although that's still pretty sad because FFX was also a really good game. It's funny you mention Spyro though, since I actually got the second one at the same time as the Shrek game and mostly played that instead. Honestly your mentioning that made me go back and check if I'd namechecked it in my previous post XP

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
That's the one! Looks like that other Shrek game may have actually been worse; glad I never wasted my money on it.

You're thinking of FFX. FFVII was on PS1; the main character is called Cloud and you start by blowing up a power plant. Although that's still pretty sad because FFX was also a really good game. It's funny you mention Spyro though, since I actually got the second one at the same time as the Shrek game and mostly played that instead. Honestly your mentioning that made me go back and check if I'd name checked it in my previous post XP
There were actually three Spyro games for the PS1: Spyro The Dragon, Spyro: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

Spyro the Dragon was okay. Spyro: Ripto's Rage was mediocre, the first two levels didn't offer much of a challenge, but it was far superior to Spyro: Year of the Dragonfly, which was rushed and I have heard people complain about Skylanders. I have yet to start much less progress through Year of the Dragon.

Yeah, my only introduction to FFVII was that game for the PSP, I never finished it because the bosses after Sephiroth got freakishly difficult and the lottery-like mechanism didn't help.

Shrek Fairy Tale Freakdown, a "fighting" game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Spyro 2 is actually one of my fondest memories on the PS1. I had a blast with that game, and still do.

SpongeBlade257

Best Game: Nicktoons: Battle For Volcano Island, Attack Of The ToyBots, Globs Of Doom; SpongeBob: BFBB; South Park Stick Of Truth
(Others would include the KH Final Mixes and the LBP series - the ones available on console)

Worst Game: SpongeBob: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (the ONLY SB game on the PS3, and...ugh! What a letdown!)
(This would be followed by Assassin's Creed Unity, which I hate given I played Syndicate beforehand and fell in love with the UI, so going backward with Unity was kinda a letdown.)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, my only introduction to FFVII was that game for the PSP, I never finished it because the bosses after Sephiroth got freakishly difficult and the lottery-like mechanism didn't help.
You actually have no control over the lottery-like mechanic. Just pointing that out.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
You actually have no control over the lottery-like mechanic. Just pointing that out.

Yeah and that's what was irritating part of the game. It was just like The Mermaid Girl 2 pinball game that I posted earlier. Sometimes, you have control over the ball but there are obstacles that just make it hard to get the ball to go in the desired direction.

sephydark

Awards
There were actually three Spyro games for the PS1: Spyro The Dragon, Spyro: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

Spyro the Dragon was okay. Spyro: Ripto's Rage was mediocre, the first two levels didn't offer much of a challenge, but it was far superior to Spyro: Year of the Dragonfly, which was rushed and I have heard people complain about Skylanders. I have yet to start much less progress through Year of the Dragon.

Yeah, I played all three of the PS1 games. Ripto's Rage was just the one I got at the same time as Shrek: Treasure hunt. I thought they were pretty good for the time but they've been surpassed by later games in the genre. Year of the Dragon is a lot like Ripto's Rage but slightly more refined, and I think the mini-games are slightly easier?

Ah, yeah, Crisis Core. That game had some stuff I liked but overall it was not great; I didn't finish it either. The slot mechanic was pretty terrible and made me feel like I didn't have enough control over whether I won or lost. Like, I could lose a battle once or twice and then the next time it would be really easy because I got some good matches.

Anyways, another game I really hated was Garfield: Caught in the Act on PC. It was a 2D platformer where Garfield gets sucked into the TV and has to go through levels based on common movie types. Well, I'm not so great at 2D platformers so I struggled through the first level, but then I got to the first boss and I just. Could not. Damage it. Like, there were no times in its pattern where I could hit it and I couldn't find any tools in the level that allowed me to incapacitate it. So I always died right on that boss without damaging even a sliver of its HP.

Back