• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Best/Worst Dressed Video Game Characters Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Rockneogeo.jpg

Rock Howard is still best-dressed character for me. He looks simple and just makes it up for attitude.

Worst one would be... On a scale of 1 to Voldo, how many crotch cups can you sport?

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
For worst, definitely Sion. The colors just don't suit him at all. All I can think of when I see him is "Sora's edgy older cousin".

And his head seems way too small.

Z1waAt7.png

As for Sora's design, I really like it since it has Square's pretty-boy aesthetic and Disney's cartoonish-ness blended into one.

Realized I've yet to comment on my own thread. XD

Pokemon tends to be pretty good in this department, but Brendan's hair hat will always haunt the franchise.

150px-Ruby_Sapphire_Brendan.png
225px-Emerald_Brendan.png

It wasn't until Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire that it was clear it's supposed to be a hat, and even then it looks silly.

315px-Brendan_ORAS_concept_art.png

My headcanon is that Brendan's hat is actually a Pokemon that sucks on his head for whatever reason.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Man, I never have a sense of time. Hope I'm not necromancing here.

Ivy Valentine from Soul Calibur is on both my best and worst dressed.

Though I like the general concept, the cheap sexiness of the default was always "meh" to me.

But her alternates blow me away.

Hate that I can't find a proper render of this one.

But Soul Calibur V. Oh my yes, SCV!

My favorite out of all of Ivy's outfit.
The coat and lace gives exactly what the default needed! Makes her look both 100% tough and 100% sexy.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
This thread should be full of the most fashionable androids in gaming
tumblr_p0rjrnv6N61rcpo65o1_500.jpg
(art by saishoguu)

I never saw better videogame character fashion and will probably never see
This is extremely hot and elegant fashion at its peak
My eyes: cleansed
My soul: blessed
My heart: hacked by 9S before even playing the game
I shall buy the game this week. I can't hold all this attraction towards 9S this anticipation anymore

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I realize this is an incredibly weird observation, but looking at fanart has brought me to the enlightenment that literally everyone--male, female; doesn't even matter--looks good in Aqua's outfit. I mean, take a look at this.

tumblr_nvndzlnCOL1s0lil7o1_500.png
The only person or rather primate that I can imagine that ruins Aqua's outfit is probably Chunky Kong from the Donkey Kong Franchise.

I personally didn't like how Tiny Kong's model was redesigned. Sure, the outfit is not that bad.
th
tiny_kong_01_595.png
But, for nostalgia's sake, I still prefer her N64 model.

Zul

Awards
I don't see how it can get any worse than Materia from Dissidia NT.

163082.jpg

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
iu

Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear. Yuck.

I still prefer his garb from Overture.

latest

Looks more fitting, though I really never minded his original outfit.

Without the knee-brace I think Noctis' Kingly Raiments is probably his best outfit. It looked believable and not too over the top. And also that sweet cape just gives it an extra "oomph!"

latest

D

Deleted member 246005

Lars from Tekken 6 can be desribed as shonen vomit. He's an awkward mishmash of so many popular shonen heroes but pails in comparison.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I still prefer his garb from Overture.

latest

Looks more fitting, though I really never minded his original outfit.

Without the knee-brace I think Noctis' Kingly Raiments is probably his best outfit. It looked believable and not too over the top. And also that sweet cape just gives it an extra "oomph!"

latest
Capes are kind of overrated.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
nathan drake 24/7 bby
definitely not terra from kh
batman
leon from re4

noir says kratos, probably

Zul

Awards
definitely not terra from kh

Being able to play them in armor/helmetless armor alone would have improved the game vastly in my book. Someone had edited some cutscenes of them and used armor instead and it just looks so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X-JVncMMuY#t=36s

err keep in mind that's an engine test so the cutscene itself is horribly wonky, just skip those blank/SRK parts.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I will always have the biggest man-crush on Maxi; especially SCV Maxi. Just oof

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Soul Calibur in general has always had exceptional artists. I think the only game I was always iffy on the designs was IV because everything felt over-designed, or really ornate. Ironically, it's probably the best looking game so far.

Another favorite of mine is Jeanne from Bayonetta. Her design in the first game is almost pure perfection.

p2_04-680x524-680x524.png

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I will always have the biggest man-crush on Maxi; especially SCV Maxi. Just oof

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Soul Calibur in general has always had exceptional artists. I think the only game I was always iffy on the designs was IV because everything felt over-designed, or really ornate. Ironically, it's probably the best looking game so far.

Another favorite of mine is Jeanne from Bayonetta. Her design in the first game is almost pure perfection.

p2_04-680x524-680x524.png
I think she looks a little ridiculous, especially with those purple puffy things.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
I always thought the female Rathian Armor set looked good.
Cc0G1MzUAAA50n2.jpg

A heavy armor fashioned as a Battle Ballgown, kinda piques my interest. And also this is just from a personal preference, but I also think the Zinogre set looked more bad-ass than the Rathalos set.
10220242.jpg

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
No capes are good ! I wish that they would become part of everyday fashion, but guess The Incredibles had a good explanation why that's a baaad idea.
I mean, it's better than probably the game designs for the Tak franchise. I mean, for the second game, all they had for the main antagonist was his head on a sheep's body in Tak 2: Staff of Dreams.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back