• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Best Way to Implement Marvel/Star Wars in KH3...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Awards
The reception for a world based on LucasFilms and Marvel properties have been very mixed throughout world speculation in the Kingdom Hearts fanbase. Some people think that only Disney property belongs to Kingdom Hearts, and that putting other properties would ruin the premise of Kingdom Hearts. To a degree, I agree with them. Although to another degree, I think a Star Wars/Marvel world would make a great fit with its worlds (Moreso with Star Wars).

However, I do think the problem with putting Marvel/Star Wars into the game is that the worlds and lore are too expansive to compress into a single world. I don't know much about the lore for both, but I do know that the Marvel/Star Wars universe expands with places that go as far as galaxies. (Guardians of the Galaxies) And compressing that could be far too time consuming than a Disney world with a simple plot.

So I had a better idea. WHAT IF Marvel and Star Wars characters had similar roles the same way Final Fantasy characters do. I think that would fit in much more naturally, instead of trying to make a world that's too large to compress. Star Wars wise, perhaps someone like Luke Skywalker could be travelling to worlds in the same way Stitch does in KH2. Marvel-wise, perhaps we could see Marvel superheroes scattered across worlds because of their world being consumed by darkness. (IDK, again i don't know much lore)

I think that would fit much more naturally, because the world and lore is too expansive. Imagine a secret boss Hulk in Sanfransokyo. Or having Thor as a partner in the Olympus Coliseum in the same way Auron was a partner in KH2. Or Rocket Raccoon in Zootopia. Darth Vader in a Lilo and Stitch world? Imagine the possibilities. I feel most people who demand Star Wars/Marvel really are just seeking to see their favorite characters to meet Sora. It just feels like the better decision to take.

How do you feel about the idea?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd be fine with just Marvel and SW characters at the moment. Actual world's need to be handled delicately and I don't have much faith in the writers for pulling it off.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I really think that Marvel and Star Wars should be saved for Kingdom Hearts 4. Kingdom Hearts 3 should focus on the remaining Disney worlds and characters and introduce Pixar worlds. I'm not against Marvel or Star Wars, I just think that the popularity of those two properties would diminish the value of the Disney and Pixar worlds and characters.

But on a separate note, I'd love to see more Disney Animation characters branch outside their own worlds. Imagine Honest John and Gideon Grey from Pinocchio doing shady business in Twilight Town with Seipher's gang? stuff like that would be interesting.

Rallade

Awards
To be fair, technically, the inclusion of Big Hero 6 is already the inclusion of Marvel characters, so by that definition, "Marvel in KH3: confirmed"

Zekrofire

If they're going to throw in Marvel, it should be as comicbook pages that you find in random chests and the like. Each page being a small story from the Marvel Universe.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
That's a really cool idea. Honestly though, I feel like an actualy world based on either property should be saved for the next Saga. Anything in KH3 should be strictly limited to Easter Eggs and maybe a Final Fantasy-style cameo or two. Save the worlds and such for KH4. To be honest, I think the Marvel side of things can probably be broken up into three worlds: Earth for the Avengers and other earth-based heroes, Asgard for the Thor mythos, and then a Guardians of the Galaxy world for the cosmic heroes. The Guardians' spaceship could function like the Black Pearl in Port Royal. Star Wars should probably only be the Death Star at best because of how many planets there are in the Galaxy Far Far Away.

Awards
Marvel and Star Wars being implemented is fine, but that should be reserved for Kingdom Hearts 4. Kingdom Hearts 3 should focus and expand on the current Disney (and now Pixar) worlds. Not to mention since Big Hero 6 is included, that is already technically Marvel anyway. We don't need a large amount of SW and Marvel chars coming out of nowhere for KH 3 as that would overshadow and diminish a lot of the other Disney characters. So yeah I'd like it, but not until the future.

Sorakh212

Awards
I highly doubt we'll see any sort of world, athough it would be really cool to be cruising along in the gummy ship only to run into the freakin Death Star on the main hub/map :cool: , but it would be nice to see either summons, keyblades, or even secret bosses of some sort. For Star Wars I'd love to see a lightsaber keyblade of some sort, Stormtrooper heartless kind of has a nice ring to it imo, summons make sense from a technical standpoint and better yet could lead to a SW themed world in KH4 or w/e game comes next after the dark seeker saga, and lastly it would be bad*** to fight Darth Maul or Vader with Sora & friends. I think Marvel would present more challenges as far as implementation goes and what not but there's certainly potential if done right. That's my two cents anyways. I believe Nomura talked about this exact issue in an interview once and from what I remember it seemed unlikely. Not impossible though so there's hope there I suppose if you're really banking on this idea.

Forsaken Shadow

Meh. In general I'm pretty meh about Marvel/SW in KH because what makes this series special for me is the Disney/Square Enix mix, and the essence of Marvel/SW is not and never will be the same as that of true Disney. I think the most I could accept is a summon or so, but anything beyond that is a big no for me. But this is just my personal opinion, as someone that could never get into Marvel/DC and the like ever.

George~

Website
steamcommunity.com
I don't know how I feel about Marvel and Star Wars being in KH3 but it does seem like a pretty cool idea, if it's done in the right way. Like you said in the OP, about Luke travelling around I could see that happening but not so much with Marvel. Marvel's lore just seems way too expansive to fit into KH3 whilst still paying homage to the series. If it is going to be included then I think it should be in the way of summons or something a long those lines.

Another way that star wars could be included is along the lines of Monstro, maybe whilst flying around in the Gummi ship somehow you are attacked by the Death Star and forced to board it. This could be a sort of 'one time world' where it goes a long the story of Star Wars Episode 4 and your main goal is to save Princess Leia (kingdom hearts style) and then somewhere a long the way you have to fight Darth Vader. I think that would be the best way to include the Star Warts franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back