• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Battle System of KH In the future...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedHeartz

Does anyone think it got a little way too far with it...? :X I mean yeah, The drives were cool and all I actually liked those... But... Using Cure would use all MP, and you'd have to wait until it recharges... The action commands looked really cool but made battles way too easy by button mashing... ;_;

The only battles I really enjoyed honestly, were most organization battles (Specially Xaldin's ahahaha) Because those were the most slightly challenging ones... Meanwhile In KH1 it took me forever to beat Ansem in the final battle, and I felt great when I did :)...

I think KH2/KH2FM+ Had a slightly cluttered battle system making it somewhat confusing and boring... ;O; (Not saying it ruined the game but, comparing it to KH1)...

What do you guys think...? Did you enjoy it...? Was it better? 0: What should be fixed to better it...? Would you prefer a KH1 style battle system installed in the next game...? Or prefer a KH2 one?

***Note*** Nope, I don't hate KH2, I just beleive it was... veeery "different" than KH1 :D

honeycombsjr

Ok maybe the magic thing is a bit annoying but everything else is FINE. It was harder for me to beat KH2 than KH1!!!!!! Ansem took me only 1 try!!!!! I beat him on my first try while rushing to go to disneyland! KH2 IS HARDER THAN KH1!!! It took me forever to beat Xemnas. OK maybe only 10 tries but it felt like forever. All I'm trying to say is, kh1 is easier than kh2. Also, kh2's battle system is TONS better but I still think thet should use a mixture of battle systems for kh3.
kingdomhearts3mv1.jpg

Athel

Machinist
stop criticizing the KH2 battle system! it is much better than KH1. Those battles were way to slow. KH2 is better because the battle are much faster paced.

SephirothHater

For one thing, the battles were harder in KH1 because half the time you couldn't see where you opponent was because the camera kept shifting on you. So, for the majority of your battle, you would end up facing the wrong way and then have to readjust your camera and that gives your opponent the opportunity to attack you a few times. I do have to say though that I did not like the fact that in KH2, your MP goes all the way down when you use cure, but it only goes down a few bars when you use in in KH1.

But now, because the camera in KH2 has been fixed, it makes fighting a lot easier, and yes you do have a heck of a lot more skills to use to dispatch your enemies. Also, the fighting, like ThePowerOfPie said, the fighting is a lot more fast paced and therefore, seems a lot easier.

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
the kh2 battle system is much more faster so you dont waste time..i guess the curing thing was annoying..but it made it more harder which is better..

Kadeem21

a maybe they have a opition to swicth battle system in the next game also kh2 was easily then kh1 it takekme 3 years to beat kh1 i was 6 WHEN I GOT IT I BEAT KH1 WHEN I WAS 10 OR 9 . THEN kh2 took me 3 days to beat so yes kh2 is better and more fun then kh1

Sanctuary Keeper

But... Using Cure would use all MP, and you'd have to wait until it recharges... The action commands looked really cool but made battles way too easy by button mashing... ;_;

Hmm, I totally agree with TwistedHeartz about the Cure magic. The battle system was significanty improved, but it was way to easy. After beating Sephiroth (the only hard character in KH2) everything was easy. The game wasn't even hard when I played with an underdeveloped Sora.

Basically, I wish they had just made it more challenging, but I guess that's one reason they came out with KH2:FM+

Last edited:

Oblivion Chaser

If they do decide to make the reaction commands like that again just make it harder to do the moves make it so that you have to press more buttons Triangle is toooooooo easy.

Tidora

then y are u here??? and "ThePowerOfPie" settle the f%#$ down... he can have his own opinion... he doesnt go flamin u cos u think kh2 battle sysrem is betta than kh1... or that ur name is gay

Athomus

Well, after finally buying the first Kingdom Hearts and beating it, I can say it was REALLY hard to get use dto KH2 again.

I found myself constantly pushing the L2 and R2 buttons, and getting nothing.

The loss of Dodge roll also made dodging more of a "run backwards" thing and then run back to attack, rather then the quick Dodge Roll and proceeding to attack.

Roxas!

I myself, liked the KH2 battle system over KH1 because it was more exciting and fast paced... The cure thing made KH2 even more exciting because instead of always curing urself you had to strategically cure urself (or something like that) unlike in KH1 you could always cure urself making it boring and easy.

Terror of Death

KH2 battle system was fine I just missed the use of your skills like in KH1 when you could use them when ever you whant

Xehanort: 17

IF the battle system was to change they should make it like Star Ocean 3: Till The End Of Time, Or like Tales Of Symphonia.

TwistedHeartz

ThePowerofPie, I was clearly stating my opinion on it, not criticizing. The game is already finished, and can't be changed... and I don't think I want it to change considering they already made an FM for it... LOL... That's why I also asked for other opinions. Which, If even I disagreedwith, Would accept it and take it into deep thought >_>... Thank you for your opinion though.

And yes, I agree with most of you ^^ Drives were actually very cool and made it faster, the only thing that annoyed my the most really were the Triangle Commands, Use of certain skills, and Cure at certain times. Though yeah, it made the game slightly more challenging, but I still felt KH was alot harder. Either that or it was harder because I was like... 10 LOL

Also, Yeah... KH1 took me a long time to beat. Which honestly, I liked. I love a challenge and spending alot of time into one game. KH2 also took me 3 days to beat, which made me a little disapointed and impatient for the next series... ahahaha. Like now... >_>

Picnicpanther

Yes, everyone knows that the battle system in KH2 was a disgrace to gaming. I think they should scrap that stupid cure thing, make it so the enemies don't drop so many health orbs (Come on, did you really even need cure with so many of those things?), and make it more diverse, melee attack-wise. and also, please take out action commands. The special attacks in the first one were better, because they required you to actually be awake, and move your cursor down there. With reaction commands it's just like you have like a 5-6 second window, which is way too long.

Lexias08

Kh2 battle system is 100 times better than the kh1 battle system but i agree that the mp bar shouldnt go all the way down with cure

Apollo

Silver Member
well I liked it but the cure thing only added a more made harder game witch is good! I like the reactions it made the fights more fun!

TwistedHeartz

Yes, everyone knows that the battle system in KH2 was a disgrace to gaming. I think they should scrap that stupid cure thing, make it so the enemies don't drop so many health orbs (Come on, did you really even need cure with so many of those things?), and make it more diverse, melee attack-wise. and also, please take out action commands. The special attacks in the first one were better, because they required you to actually be awake, and move your cursor down there. With reaction commands it's just like you have like a 5-6 second window, which is way too long.

LOL yeah... too many health orbs @_@... But during big boss battles without the orbs, yes cure was a pain lol... I miss the epic meleeing ):

Picnicpanther

No, no, theres no arguing. It was an ABOMINATION, which I'm frankly convinced that many of you who talk like AIM neo-hipster idiots( IE: U R NOT KOOL) ,who think punctuation is some form of mannerism, wouldn't know what that means.

Yeah, it's more fast paced, but so what? You can talk to a friend and just keep pressing X because the charge has too long of a distance and does too much damage, not to mention the combo engine is way overtuned. It makes it so any kind of magic is completely and utterly unnecissary. Also, anyone wonder where Time and Gravity went? Those were my favorite spells.

Don't even get me started on the life meter. It's completely way to big, even at the middle of the game it goes off of Sora's head and onto the drive meter. Enemy attacks don't do nearly enough damage and basically they drop enough health balls to keep you alive without having to give it a second thought or use a cure. The only place where that is false is boss fights, and even then, just use Cure which cures all of your life back. At least in KH1 it only cured it about halfway at the end with Curaga.

What about the hard boss fights? There were 2: Xaldin and the gun guy, I can't remember his name. Let's get some challenging boss fights here, it isn't a 3D Zelda game. I mean, boss's are supposed to be the leaders of whatever sect your fighting, and I don't think they would become leaders if some kid with a sword shaped like a key could kick their ass in 2 seconds.

all in all, all of this stuff better be fixed in KH3, because I would be VERY pissed off. This isn't, however, to say I didn't like KH2, I think it has a great story in a society of games today that are all about graphics and violence. However, I think the battle system was somewhat rushed, and that it isn't like SE to release a sub-par game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back