• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Axel and Xion relationship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

x3Advent

So before anyone tells me to go look for a thread concerning this, I already checked so yeah.

Anyway, so after finishing Days I had a few questions concerning Axel and Xion. I've been looking on other threads but alot of them seem to be made before Days so I was like "Why is the order of events so screwed?". So my main question is if Axel hates/dislikes/is jealous of Xion.

I remember seeing in a cut scene where Roxas is like when is she coming and Axel lies down and he looks pretty pissed so does he hate her. If you look through one of Axel's diary entries he is confused why Roxas would like Xion. Axel is pretty cold to Xion sometimes, like when she asked him for help and he was like you need something? But, then right after that he was like, "You two are my best friends, got it memorized?

There heaps more stuff but I won't right it now but anyway what's your opinion? Some people probably might say Axel just put up with Xion because she was Roxas' friend but yeah, give me your opinion! :)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
At first, he seemed to be a bit jealous of her because he couldn't see what Roxas saw in her. If I'm not mistaken, Xion looked the same way to Axel as she did to Saïx at first. After spending some time with her, he began to see her the way Roxas did.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

impart

Climb The Sky
okay. to me

axel loved xion like a best friend

maybe he was a bit skeptical of her at first but he grew to love her.

I think the reason he might have come off as cold to her, or pissed is because he was feeling guilty.
the whole time he knew things weren't going to turn out well for her. not to mention he was the one who always had to track her down and bring her back to Org. 13 whenever she would run off.

or when he was talking to saix and saix says "witch would you rather have? a real friendship (with Roxas) or the friendship of the puppet"

at the end of the game when he goes to Xion he says
Axel-"what are you gonna do?"
Xion "I have to go back to where I belong"
then later he says
"something about this just really stinks!"
and -"they're going to destroy you!"

and he doesn't want her to go. but she does anyways :(

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Didn't Axel already know that Xion was a doll? That could be it.

NumberVIII

At first, he seemed to be a bit jealous of her because he couldn't see what Roxas saw in her. If I'm not mistaken, Xion looked the same way to Axel as she did to Saïx at first. After spending some time with her, he began to see her the way Roxas did.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think this is exactly right.

(although I still find it a little hard to buy their friendship. It just feels kinda forced, like they're only friends cause they have Roxas as a mutual friend.)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, the pissed face he made when Roxas asks where she is was cause at that exact moment, he had just screwed up and let her run off with Riku in Castle Oblivion. And Roxas is all, when's she coming? And Axel is like, well I can't say she just ran away. Then he'll be sad. And also wonder how I know. So he just makes a pissed face.

I think the relationship is forced, too. She keeps running away and making things hard for him (even though she's trying to be noble and deal with it alone), and when they get her back he finally seems to be getting mad at her... he ends the speech with 'but you're my bff so it's all good!'

I remember being like wtf. It seemed so random.

x3Advent

Yeah, I guess he does learn to become her friend but he acts pretty cold towards her when she realises she's absorbing Roxas but he ends up being nice later on. I'm pretty sure they end up being friends seeing as he cares about her (scene in front of mansion), but I don't think he sees her as a best friend or anything. I also guess it would be pretty awkward seeing as he knows that she is puppet and she wasn't even meant to have a sense of identity but he still ends up being her friend, so that's basically what I think.

This'll go off topic but sorry, in the beginning of days it says that the six members that went to C.O were terminated but they appear in KHII, right? Can someone explain? (I haven't played KHII yet)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, they don't appear in KH2. They're dead and their tombstones are all cracked and broken when you get to see them.

You can fight them as Absent Silhouettes in FM+ iirc...

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll put in the short version: I believe that Axel puts Roxas above her. Not claiming that he doesn't care, or he doesn't consider her his friend. It's just not to the level as his with Roxas. This takes a dash of actual reality, considering people obviously have more bonds to one friend than the other, it's normal. Especially if you were in a duo, and he was your best friend before someone else came and interrupted. So, when it comes to Xion putting Roxas in jeopardy, he will be more concerned for said Roxas's safety. Hence, the coldness sometimes, probably. That, or he's really not that attached as we think he is. I mean, when he found out what Xion was going to do, the only reaction seen was him putting his head down, and then the next he's relaxing in bed wondering why it had to be so, and...that's it. Cue finding letter left by Roxas. Compare that to the reaction of just Roxas leaving the Organization, and it's, what?

It appears like a friend of a mutual friend relationship, nothing more, nothing less. He wouldn't have even given two damns about her if it wasn't for Roxas inviting her to the clock tower. His clock tower, for that matter.

For the long version as to why I think this is so, well, I won't put it unless is asked for. Wall of text it is.

x3Advent

Personally, I just think that Axel just put up with Xion because he didn't want to hurt Roxas but I still think Axel should've been more of a trustworthy friend, like at least telling him who he is.

x3Advent

It's okay, lol. You asked for others' opinions on their friendship.

I think is forced as well - seemed like they created it for the sake of making it a trio.

Haha, I was talking about how I thought that the 6 terminated members of org. 13 were in KH2 but this thread gave me some info on what I should believe about Axel and Xion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back