• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Which theme are you all using? I have no problems with the Dark Margin theme.

Have tested it and it does seem to be a theme-specific issue.
Dark Margin and Default Style seem to work without hitch.

KHInsider Light seems to be the only one having the issues. Although with the Alert-Bell it seems to be somewhat random. Sometimes it opens the pop-up like normal and sometimes it jumps to the Alert page.

The quick reply issue is constant though, even when you click on the Quote-Button it jumps directly to the dedicated reply-screen, not even waiting if you want to add another quote.

Default Style on Chrome on a computer is doing it for me. Safari on Phone is fine.

Firefox seems also be fine, when using Default or Dark Margin that is.
Looks like it's a theme issue at least from my view.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

found this in the creative writing section, i'll let you guys confirm if its a bot post or not.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hi! I know it's been awhile since I've been on here!

I wanted to know why you can't private message yourself anymore? I was looking for a safe and secure place to put my thoughts down, but when I tried to do that, it said you can't start a conversation with yourself. 😞 I'm usually not the type of person to write things down in a journal, or even on this laptop, I still get concerned about anyone else seeing my personal thoughts in my google doc somehow. It's okay if there isn't a way to send yourself personal stuff anymore. Just makes me miss a little bit of the old forum for being able to do that. I still love the new, much more user friendly forum tho. Including all of the stuff you guys have done to it! 😄

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
May I ask, what cms system is the main site using? Is it a xenforo extension or are you using a completely different system for the main site and just linking to the forums separately?

Dirty Duck

Awards
Is there any way to make the forum ui a bit more minimalist? It's lovely that member's avatars are given such a focus but if possible I'd like to make them smaller, and maybe not display awards? Thanks in advance.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
If you'd like that, go to Preferences and check the skins. I think KHInsider Light or Dark Margin will shrink the avatars at least, and also make the awards less prominent, but it won't make them disappear. (It shrinks them to very small)

It depends on if you like a light theme or a dark theme really.

And I don't think there's a way to get rid of the awards, unless a mod can chime in and say so. ^^

Last edited:

Dirty Duck

Awards
If you'd like that, go to Preferences and check the skins. I think KHInsider Light or Dark Margin will shrink the avatars at least, and also make the awards less prominent, but it won't make them disappear. (It shrinks them to very small)

It depends on if you like a light theme or a dark theme really.

And I don't think there's a way to get rid of the awards, unless a mod can chime in and say so. ^^
That's a lot better, thanks!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay thought I'd ask the mods; is something going on? I've been reporting spammers like usual but it sometimes takes a couple days for them to go away now.

Just wondered if RL's biting you guys; the spammers have just gotten REALLY bad, I had to report one 3 times b/c they did 3 diff spam messages.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
On a related note to Mary’s question, I noticed the main news site hasn’t been updated. Even though we’ve had news related to the KH series, the last article posted was in April for the TWEWY anime’s release date in the West.

Is there any reason why?

2 quid is good

Awards
If you guys need a hand to cover different timezones I'm certain lots of people will be willing to help pick up the slack! I'm very appreciative of all the site staff, especially cos you guys are doing all of this for free when you don't even need the hassle

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Like the others, I’m hoping that everything is ok and that we hear from you guys soon. Let me know if I can help at all.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

You already know im about to get up in they ass for this, bot ahoy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
On a related note to Mary’s question, I noticed the main news site hasn’t been updated. Even though we’ve had news related to the KH series, the last article posted was in April for the TWEWY anime’s release date in the West.

Is there any reason why?
What’s news? Taco Bell? That isn’t news lol

And we can’t post the GI interview as much as we’d like to lol

I appreciate the concern but we are all just really busy with life and also working on a backlog of old projects for the site to make sure the archives are up to date.

I have put out an open call for writers, though. It’s literally just me and Sign so do with that knowledge what you will.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'll go ahead and be transparent here: I lost my baby boy last month. I've been grieving and trying to return to work and life just isn't what it was since he's been gone. I don't want to quit being a mod here, but I'll honestly probably be absent for a minute while I try and figure out life.

Back