• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kiser

Does anyone know what the difference is between kingdom hearts 1’s first and second print?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Could you actually work on this site full time with pay per article or is it all just volunteer work?
Entirely volunteer. We sacrifice work and free time to write articles, which is impressive considering how fast we are at getting news up (most of the time).

If it were pay per article then Sign would be rolling in money due to the obscene amount of UX updates there are.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
Entirely volunteer. We sacrifice work and free time to write articles, which is impressive considering how fast we are at getting news up (most of the time).

If it were pay per article then Sign would be rolling in money due to the obscene amount of UX updates there are.

well damn thats impressive square enix should really be so grateful for you guys to having a place dedicated to not just kingdom hearts but nier,twery,final fantasy and dragon quest and building a community of fans from it as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Being a news website we can apply for press passes to events. I got a press pass to the EB Expo in Australia in 2014 and Spockanort, Zephyr, and Sign routinely got press passes to E3 to do coverage.

We sometimes are blessed by Square Enix with interview opportunities that are shared with other websites, but they don't happen that often. Take the recent MoM interview release, as far as I know we didn't get asked to interview Nomura and the team while other fansites, like smaller Nintendo-focused sites, were asked.

We can also apply for a copy of a game for review purposes, but we are far down the list that we usually only make the cut for smaller games (last review copy we received before release was for KH1.5+2.5 on PS4). We got a review copy of KH3 from Bandai Namco Australia after that game released (and I just checked an old article and someone in America got a review copy from SE on Jan 29th but all that was written based on that review copy were some early impressions). Square Enix had review codes for that game on lock down with only high profile websites and influencers getting access to it before release.

The only really notable thing writing for KHI has gotten me personally is me paying all expenses to fly to LA to meet the rest of the staff and enjoy two theme parks (and I learnt that I never want to go to another E3 for as long as I live), and that I was invited to play a demo of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 and Dream Drop Distance HD, record my gameplay, and share impressions.

That was an awesome day despite the DDD footage not copying over to my hard drive (all I got was the audio somehow), my old AVID Media Composer messing with the colour grade on import, and my old internet taking so long that it took a day to re-upload the video (I had to do this three times because of some weird jutter AVID put onto the video at the start and the previously mentioned colour grade issue). But I was also given a free copy of an official Final Fantasy XV book that I don't think was ever sold anywhere and remains really rare (I shared a picture of an excerpt about Lunafreya and it got turned into a whole scandal about the game lol).

It'd be cool if we got more freedom and influence for the community, but we don't do this unpaid job for the rewards. We genuinely love this series and we like being able to share that with other fans. If Square Enix and Disney want to work with us, we'll work with them. But in the meantime we'll just keep floating on this raft, looking out for any news that we think people would like to see :)

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
Being a news website we can apply for press passes to events. I got a press pass to the EB Expo in Australia in 2014 and Spockanort, Zephyr, and Sign routinely got press passes to E3 to do coverage.

We sometimes are blessed by Square Enix with interview opportunities that are shared with other websites, but they don't happen that often. Take the recent MoM interview release, as far as I know we didn't get asked to interview Nomura and the team while other fansites, like smaller Nintendo-focused sites, were asked.

We can also apply for a copy of a game for review purposes, but we are far down the list that we usually only make the cut for smaller games (last review copy we received before release was for KH1.5+2.5 on PS4). We got a review copy of KH3 from Bandai Namco Australia after that game released (and I just checked an old article and someone in America got a review copy from SE on Jan 29th but all that was written based on that review copy were some early impressions). Square Enix had review codes for that game on lock down with only high profile websites and influencers getting access to it before release.

The only really notable thing writing for KHI has gotten me personally is me paying all expenses to fly to LA to meet the rest of the staff and enjoy two theme parks (and I learnt that I never want to go to another E3 for as long as I live), and that I was invited to play a demo of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 and Dream Drop Distance HD, record my gameplay, and share impressions.

That was an awesome day despite the DDD footage not copying over to my hard drive (all I got was the audio somehow), my old AVID Media Composer messing with the colour grade on import, and my old internet taking so long that it took a day to re-upload the video (I had to do this three times because of some weird jutter AVID put onto the video at the start and the previously mentioned colour grade issue). But I was also given a free copy of an official Final Fantasy XV book that I don't think was ever sold anywhere and remains really rare (I shared a picture of an excerpt about Lunafreya and it got turned into a whole scandal about the game lol).

It'd be cool if we got more freedom and influence for the community, but we don't do this unpaid job for the rewards. We genuinely love this series and we like being able to share that with other fans. If Square Enix and Disney want to work with us, we'll work with them. But in the meantime we'll just keep floating on this raft, looking out for any news that we think people would like to see :)

"Wolfwhistes" now thats fucking impressive.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Heh who knows maybe the staff will be able to interview Yoko Taro.

Oh, that probably wouldn’t be hard to achieve tbh. The guy is private but also not entirely against novel interactions with the fandom if you have a fun angle to approach.

I’d personally love to interview the guy, though more as an analysis of how his work can be considered avant-garde in a post-postmodern and newly metamodern society...although we are entering a stage after metamodernism considering the nihilistic hellscape reality has morphed into...We lack the naïveté of metamodernism. It’ll be interesting to see how Yoko Taro’s works develop in the face of growing nihilism and pessimism. After all, when one lives through a dark year, media that reflects upon the darker aspects of the human condition become less enlightening and more morbid. For example, Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding suddenly became very topical, and yet despite that fact I think people became even more turned off by playing it because it serves as a reminder of the bleak reality we live in. Naughty Dog’s TLOU2 is also a bleak reminder of the harshness of the world and only serves to make people feel worse after playing.

Nier Automata, too, is something I find hard to pick up in my leisurely time because of its themes.

Idk what I was talking about now, but my point is that I’d definitely like to talk to the guy and even post it on KHI and reason it with “well, SE didn’t see fit for a KH site to interview KH devs so I suppose we might as well try for something different”

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
Oh, that probably wouldn’t be hard to achieve tbh. The guy is private but also not entirely against novel interactions with the fandom if you have a fun angle to approach.

I’d personally love to interview the guy, though more as an analysis of how his work can be considered avant-garde in a post-postmodern and newly metamodern society...although we are entering a stage after metamodernism considering the nihilistic hellscape reality has morphed into...We lack the naïveté of metamodernism. It’ll be interesting to see how Yoko Taro’s works develop in the face of growing nihilism and pessimism. After all, when one lives through a dark year, media that reflects upon the darker aspects of the human condition become less enlightening and more morbid. For example, Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding suddenly became very topical, and yet despite that fact I think people became even more turned off by playing it because it serves as a reminder of the bleak reality we live in. Naughty Dog’s TLOU2 is also a bleak reminder of the harshness of the world and only serves to make people feel worse after playing.

Nier Automata, too, is something I find hard to pick up in my leisurely time because of its themes.

Idk what I was talking about now, but my point is that I’d definitely like to talk to the guy and even post it on KHI and reason it with “well, SE didn’t see fit for a KH site to interview KH devs so I suppose we might as well try for something different”

Dude Nier Automata and Nier are by far one of the best jrpgs i've ever played in my life and disecting Yoko Taro's brain is like entering a never ending rabbit hole of mysteries.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Notifications are currently flooded by "ImJustHereToRatePosts". Will hitting the ignore button prevent any more notifs coming through?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
@ImJustHereToRatePosts, could you slow down on the likes? It's definitely appreciated, but the flood of notifications is a bit overwhelming.

Notifications are currently flooded by "ImJustHereToRatePosts". Will hitting the ignore button prevent any more notifs coming through?

That's a good question. Let me get an answer for you.

Back