• Regarding KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory Spoilers

Copies of KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory are out in the wild, which means spoilers are likely to appear at any point. Although this game has very few cutscenes and story content, we still request that users follow our standard spoiler procedures.

KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory spoiler policy will end on December 13th, 2020.

Spoiler threads will need to be tagged with the "Spoiler" prefix. Discussion inside of the thread does not need to be put under spoiler tags, so it is at your discretion to use them.

Spoilers outside of spoiler threads MUST be hidden using the spoiler tag.

If you do not follow these rules, your account will be banned.

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rainclouds

Awards
I've seen so many posts advertising things or pointless ramblings that are soon removed.
I assume this happens fairly often? Shame that there's such spam. And probably there's no way to stop it from happening?

Oracle Spockanort

a female bisexual POC so think before you post
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
I've seen so many posts advertising things or pointless ramblings that are soon removed.
I assume this happens fairly often? Shame that there's such spam. And probably there's no way to stop it from happening?
We have a bunch of spam filters and spam software on, actually. It would be much worse if we didn't.

The only way for us to stop it is to ban half of Europe & Asia from our site which obviously we aren't too keen on OR make the site a verified registration forum where we manually approve new users which we don't want to do either.

Edit: I've gone ahead and made a few backend adjustments to see if things might slow down.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
  • Happy Holidays!
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • NieR: Automata
  • Keyblade Champion
A suggestion with the spam thing; I've heard of a few forums actually basically adding in a registration question, like with a FF forum, one of the questions would be "Who dies in FF7?"

I don't know if that kinda trick works anymore (Could use some easy KH trivia; And by that I mean questions that Joe Average KH Fan would know) but might be worth looking into. Even better is if the question could be random.

As for Quinton Flynn; someone has started a thread about it. CRAP..remind me never to follow his twitter. Being a woman on the internet, I've had enough troubles with creepers in my day.

RetroPokeFan

Awards
Oh god, what's been going on with him? I heard about it this morning and if it's true, then I'm gonna be one upset person.

astertide

Awards
Why am I still receiving email notifications even after I've unchecked the following boxes?

1605472034390.png

Oracle Spockanort

a female bisexual POC so think before you post
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
A suggestion with the spam thing; I've heard of a few forums actually basically adding in a registration question, like with a FF forum, one of the questions would be "Who dies in FF7?"

I don't know if that kinda trick works anymore (Could use some easy KH trivia; And by that I mean questions that Joe Average KH Fan would know) but might be worth looking into. Even better is if the question could be random.

As for Quinton Flynn; someone has started a thread about it. CRAP..remind me never to follow his twitter. Being a woman on the internet, I've had enough troubles with creepers in my day.
I have made nearly all of our questions KH or Disney related but I think there are real people behind these spam bots doing the CAPTCHAs