• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Muke

whatever
Awards
Is it possible to introduce a mentioning system where users who get mentioned (with @ I guess) get notified and stuff? I think that'd be cool and useful

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
As cool as that would be, that would take a lot of technical know-how to incorporate and the forum itself might not even be able to support a function like that. It'd be one thing to automatically hyperlink to a user's profile when someone adds @ right before their username, but giving an alert as well might be a challenge.

...Says a guy that doesn't know anything about web design lol.

Speaking of Discord, does KHI have a Discord server or nah?

Muke

whatever
Awards
As cool as that would be, that would take a lot of technical know-how to incorporate and the forum itself might not even be able to support a function like that. It'd be one thing to automatically hyperlink to a user's profile when someone adds @ right before their username, but giving an alert as well might be a challenge.

...Says a guy that doesn't know anything about web design lol.

Speaking of Discord, does KHI have a Discord server or nah?
Well, I don't know about vBulletin, but WoltLab definitely has a plugin for that.. maybe they can activate such a plugin if it's available?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Well, I don't know about vBulletin, but WoltLab definitely has a plugin for that.. maybe they can activate such a plugin if it's available?
Actually, a quick google search brought up this mod, but it appears to be a paid mod and idk how or what KHI's budget is for the forums lol. I also don't even know how well it works but it'd be a good starting point for the staff if they seriously consider adding a function to the forums.

Muke

whatever
Awards
So, whenever I want to update my signature, Google says that "This page does not work

Chrome has detected unusual code on this page, blocking this page to protect your personal information, such as passwords, phone numbers, or credit card information.
Try to access the home page."

I'm running the latest Google Chrome version. Any way to fix this? :/ It only happens when I want to include a new text with an url - like so.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Got a little question. Out of curiosity, I looked up the username color meaning again in the FAQ and clicked the Forum Leaders link too. I noticed there are the Contributors who have green names and well, may I ask what a Contributor actually is/does?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Got a little question. Out of curiosity, I looked up the username color meaning again in the FAQ and clicked the Forum Leaders link too. I noticed there are the Contributors who have green names and well, may I ask what a Contributor actually is/does?
There’s a few different ways to be a contributor.

Some of those people there work for FFN. For some reason they signed up to the forums to share the news they write but they’ve pretty much abandoned us and ran off with the site to do their own thing so a lot of the FF news isn’t posted here anymore.

People like Saken are classed as a contributor because they are one of our translators and that’s all the do, unlike Zephyr who posts news from time to time.

Finally, Narukami is a contributor because they pop in from time to time to help out with the modding or maybe some main site news work during heavy periods of time (E3, Jump Festa), but they can’t fully commit to being on staff because of a heavy work load in real life.

Veevee

Awards
I have created a fanclub and I would like to create another in the fanclub section. Since I want to lead each fanclub with another additional person, I would like that person to have the same "admin" rights over that thread as I have, e.g. adding members in the start post. Is it possible to share the right to edit the start post with another person?
At this moment I'm talking about the Saix fanclub I'm sharing with Sorami_Eclipse and I wanted to confirm this question first before I start a Larxene fanclub with Muke.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I have created a fanclub and I would like to create another in the fanclub section. Since I want to lead each fanclub with another additional person, I would like that person to have the same "admin" rights over that thread as I have, e.g. adding members in the start post. Is it possible to share the right to edit the start post with another person?
At this moment I'm talking about the Saix fanclub I'm sharing with Sorami_Eclipse and I wanted to confirm this question first before I start a Larxene fanclub with Muke.

Another mod can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that another person can just be given the ability to edit your first post in a thread. I believe only you can do so and a mod overseeing that section.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Is there a problem with sending PMs to multiple users? This is the second time I tried to do that, but it seems like it only sends the PM to the first user in the list...? I separated users with a semi-colon like the box says.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Is there a problem with sending PMs to multiple users? This is the second time I tried to do that, but it seems like it only sends the PM to the first user in the list...? I separated users with a semi-colon like the box says.

I gave it a try and it appears to be fine on my end. I'll inquire about it with the rest of the staff to see if they know what the cause may be. :3

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I was on the receiving end of a multi-user pm just now and it worked fine.

Back