• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The armor of Aqua, Terra, and Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
"Travel method" may be a bit misleading since that was never its purpose. :p
Meh to an extent it actually was since the coat was made to shield from darkness and the one who invented it and those who wear them tend to use said darkness as their form of travel.

More like the coat had a more broad use than just traveling.
I took the invention of the coat to be more of a pride thing since MX wanted to prove that his attempts at progress were better than the stagnant same old, same old that were the traditions of LoD he had to endure. There really was no purpose in inventing something that's primary function was something MX hated, though I suppose the advantage would be that it more discrete and comfortable.
That's likely the case since we only see MX use it once himself.

As well, I guess even MX is limited and has to acknowledge that he can't be exposed to concentrated darkness for prolonged periods of time. While MX can be said to have come the furthest in mastering darkness, I think a person can only take so much, even MX.

What I have to question though is why the Dark Suit isn't used more often. P:
Whatever his limit is it must be an ungodly high level. So far, of the Xehanorts, only Xemnas has made constant use of it. Though that's likely due to it being an Org stable by that point.

I'd imagine it's cause Nomura doesn't want to burn our eyes with geezernort in tights. x'D

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
You guys keep referring to the armor as a means of travel, as if it was inseparable from the gliders. While I don't really think Soras needs the armor (and he certainly doesn't need a glider), you can't say it wouldn't be useful.

The armor protects against darkness, and if the end of KH3D showed us anything, it's that Sora doesn't really have a high tolerance for the stuff. He hasn't had to build up a resistance like Riku had to. Plus, magic or not, it's still armor, right? The basic function of any suit of armor is to protect against physical damage. Of the Nort Cohort we know, alot of them are pretty heavy hitters.

That being said, can we really say the darksuit is really a creation of Xehanort's "school"? Vanitas is just kind of born with it and Riku's seems to be based off Ansem's 10-year-old memory of Vanitas plus a Heartless symbol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You guys keep referring to the armor as a means of travel, as if it was inseparable from the gliders. While I don't really think Soras needs the armor (and he certainly doesn't need a glider), you can't say it wouldn't be useful.

The armor protects against darkness, and if the end of KH3D showed us anything, it's that Sora doesn't really have a high tolerance for the stuff. He hasn't had to build up a resistance like Riku had to. Plus, magic or not, it's still armor, right? The basic function of any suit of armor is to protect against physical damage. Of the Nort Cohort we know, alot of them are pretty heavy hitters.

That being said, can we really say the darksuit is really a creation of Xehanort's "school"? Vanitas is just kind of born with it and Riku's seems to be based off Ansem's 10-year-old memory of Vanitas plus a Heartless symbol.

I agree. I think armor could be used for purposes other than means of travel. Which is all the more reason why they could go more in depth and reveal more about keyblade armor. It could come in handy in the final battle against Xehanort.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's because it's used in such a manner and Sora has never needed aromor prior so it honestly is all but useless to him.
Both in it's initial and main function as protection of travel, which is what Eraqus and as Xehanort mentions in his reports their own master stressed for using and it's function as basic armor which proved more or less useless for TAV when they battled MX and Vanitas.

KH3D Also showed it's protection only goes so far because even with Sora safe he was still taken captured by the nightmare that the armor became.

No one said it's a creation of Xehanorts school like the coat is just that it's also tied to him. Tbh I dont even remember it being said the suit has a function other than to give Riku and Vanitas dark villain points.

I agree. I think armour could be used for uses other than means of travel. Which is all the more reason why they could go more in depth and reveal more about armour. It could come in handy in the final battle against Xehanort.
Because it was so much help in the last fight an armor wearing wielder had with Xehanort?

EDIT:
I mean even TAV barely used the armor. If it was so potentially useful why not use it for more than outside one battle?
If they offered that much help I'd imagine TAV would've wore them more. =P

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I agree. I think armor could be used for purposes other than means of travel. Which is all the more reason why they could go more in depth and reveal more about keyblade armor. It could come in handy in the final battle against Xehanort.

And in the final battle of BbS against Xehanort, he still managed to shatter Ventus' helmet with one freaking hand despite the protection it was supposed to provide. Sora, on the other hand, survived his adventures with his islander outfit which would later be replaced with the fairy-made one.

For all intents and purposes, it's obsolete. The fairy clothing already does what the armour does, and then there's the black coat, and truthfully I don't understand why Sora and the others save TAV and Eraqus should don armour.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The fairy clothing already does what the armour does, and then there's the black coat, and truthfully I don't understand why Sora and the others save TAV and Eraqus should don armour.

Since Sora is almost ensured to get new duds in KH III, I guess the fairy clothing is history just as the Drive Forms are.
I'd say it is just for the apparent "coolness" factor and of course it cannot be that some characters have toys/equipment alone for themselves. Sora is the protagonist so he must get every gimmick that is possibly out there.

It's somewhat funny that people complain about Keyblades being handed out like candy, but with the armor it's apparently ok to do that. <___<

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
It's meant to protect TAV from the darkness of the Lanes Between. Like others have said, it's not necessarily important how the armor is made...

Is what I would have said hadn't Terra's Lingering Will been a thing and a hint of Aqua's armor talking to Xemnas in KH2FM. I seriously hope that Nomura doesn't forget about those things in KH3, especially since it hasn't been addressed since Birth by Sleep. The thought of the Lingering Will being trapped in the Keyblade Graveyard without being picked up by Terra is kind of a saddening thought.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The thought of the Lingering Will being trapped in the Keyblade Graveyard without being picked up by Terra is kind of a saddening thought.
It is, I also hope Terra has a moment with the LW or even the LW attacking whatever form of Xehanort is as a seeker in kh3. Though I don't really care if he claims the armor again or not, just want to see him confront it again, get freed and take he keyblade back from it as it turns back into normal armor and falls apart.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Since Sora is almost ensured to get new duds in KH III, I guess the fairy clothing is history just as the Drive Forms are.

Well it's possible the fairies are just gonna upgrade his clothing, so fairy armor might not be out-of-date JUST YET :D Honestly though, it makes sense that clunky, hard armor is replaced by more agile, streamlined clothing so long as they do the same things.

It's somewhat funny that people complain about Keyblades being handed out like candy, but with the armor it's apparently ok to do that. <___<

While I oppose both keyblades and armor being handed out like candy, I can understand that keyblades are meant to be (or were implied to be in KH1) this great power that is bestowed to "the keyblade master." While armor was never stated to be this magical thing that is only bestowed to very few people. Plus I guess people want to see everyone in armor (IDK...Power Rangers or something...).

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sora is the protagonist so he must get every gimmick that is possibly out there.

Because everyone should be like bleach's Ichigo Kurosaki apparently.

EDIT:
Well it's possible the fairies are just gonna upgrade his clothing, so fairy armor might not be out-of-date JUST YET :D

Heck the fairies wouldn't even be needed to upgrade the clothes. Mickey upgraded them in KH2 which granted Master form so he could easily do it again or maybe even Yen Sid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back