• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Aqua Critics Club - Because Light isn't always the answer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Wait? So why is there an Aqua and Terra hateclub but not a Ven hateclyb

And don't you think just because my username's ven95 doesn't mean I can't hate him and his annoying introductions.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

And don't you think just because my username's ven95 doesn't mean I can't hate him and his annoying introductions.

Because no one bothered to make one yet :p

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Added, Lycorics and Sign X3

Only we're not a Hate-club o.o;

Lemme guess, got the name before you played BBS?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I don't want to make one because I know I'll get a comment like: "Why are you making a ven hateclub if your username's ven95"?

I just don't like him because he's annoying sometimes.

Lemme guess, got the name before you played BBS?

Yes.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I tried getting one but I suck at writing fan fics with every word a vowel.

And I can't think of a good one anyway so...

localorange

If Aqua and Riku do butt heads, I see it a lot more as being Aqua's fault. Riku felt comfortable enough around Mickey during R-R because Mickey gave him the benefit of the doubt and was willing to hear him out. Aqua seems to be less the type of person to have such open-mindness, unless she'll try to make amends for her attitude towards Terra through Riku.

This is precisely why I see Aqua and Riku butting heads. Aqua will sense Riku's experience with darkness, and her absolutist judgment will rear its very ugly head at Riku. And I don't think she realized her role in putting Terra so close to the darkness. So unless she learns this in BBS v2, then I can see Aqua reacting to Riku's darkness in the exact same way she did with Terra, (and perhaps in an even more negative light given her time in the RoD), and this time, it would backfire on her. While I think Riku will realize that not everyone will be as accepting as Sora and Micky were with his experience with darkness, he's not going to appreciate Aqua's inherently negative reaction - more specifically, the way she will probably react. In Radiant Garden, I did feel that Aqua was kind of treating Terra like a rabid dog, so it's no surprise to me that Terra was furious when he learned Aqua was spying on him. Riku will have an incredibly negative reaction to the rabid-dog treatment, more so than Terra did.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I tried getting one but I suck at writing fan fics with every word a vowel.

And I can't think of a good one anyway so...

You don't actually have to write one. That was a way to dissuade the masses from actually asking for a change. A nice little tidbit is that as long as the change is under six characters, it is just a correction. If you ask for something like "ABC95" it is just a correction because there is no character amount change, just the characters within the name.

This is precisely why I see Aqua and Riku butting heads. Aqua will sense Riku's experience with darkness, and her absolutist judgment will rear its very ugly head at Riku. And I don't think she realized her role in putting Terra so close to the darkness. So unless she learns this in BBS v2, then I can see Aqua reacting to Riku's darkness in the exact same way she did with Terra, (and perhaps in an even more negative light given her time in the RoD), and this time, it would backfire on her. While I think Riku will realize that not everyone will be as accepting as Sora and Micky were with his experience with darkness, he's not going to appreciate Aqua's inherently negative reaction - more specifically, the way she will probably react. In Radiant Garden, I did feel that Aqua was kind of treating Terra like a rabid dog, so it's no surprise to me that Terra was furious when he learned Aqua was spying on him. Riku will have an incredibly negative reaction to the rabid-dog treatment, more so than Terra did.

For the sake of a good plot, I do hope that happens. The whole "Aqua not trusting Riku because of his past dealings with the Darkness" would add another way to further increase Sora and Riku's trust and friendship. It would also help Aqua overcome her bias against the Darkness if Riku is shown to be good while using it (since he will still be able to use Dark attacks, just not be a being of the Darkness like he was before.)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If Aqua doesn't get the hint that Terra's descent to Darkness was in a great part her fault in BBSv2, I'll lose even more respect to her as a character. Part of why I like Sora is that despite seemingly taking Riku's friendship for granted in KH1, that he suffered for it enough and showed exactly how not-granted it was to him - inside KH1 itself. So Aqua might get away with not doing it in BBS itself, but if she won't realize it in BBSv2? Pffft.

and this time, it would backfire on her.

Implying it didn't with Terra...

While I think Riku will realize that not everyone will be as accepting as Sora and Micky were with his experience with darkness

Oh so ironically, Riku's been the harshest on himself so far out of all the people he met. Sora and Kairi forgave him easily and Mickey understood what he went through. Namine never once seemed to hold anything against him and helped him come to terms with it all, and even Diz seemed to pity him more than hold it against him, as much as he used it to manipulate Riku.
Riku's the only one so far who seems incapable of coming to terms with what he did.

I doubt Riku'd react that badly to Aqua, though. Unless they go along with what I think is possible, that Aqua telling Sora to take care of Riku so soon after Terra made his promise with Riku left an impact on Riku and a negative one at that, Aqua's hardly anyone who could hurt Riku that badly given that he's half as stable as we were led to believe at the end of KHII and Blank Points. Hell, it could be part of Aqua's wake-up call, how she'll get on his case but he'll just shrug.

LeeLu

I used to think Aqua was largely responsible for Terra's fall, but now I'm not so sure. Terra is the one who listened to MX and Aqua had little interaction with MX and therefore no idea what was really going on with Terra. She had no idea what MX was feeding him, and could only reiterate Eraqus' teachings which Terra was doubting.

I also don't think there will be a real issue with Riku. Maybe a bit of friction but I think more than anything, Riku will give her hope that Terra can be saved. I actually kinda ship Riku/Aqua.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I used to think Aqua was largely responsible for Terra's fall, but now I'm not so sure. Terra is the one who listened to MX and Aqua had little interaction with MX and therefore no idea what was really going on with Terra. She had no idea what MX was feeding him, and could only reiterate Eraqus' teachings which Terra was doubting.

Name one reason why Terra shouldn't have listened to MX. Seriously now.
Throw in the poor, oh so poor basis of what she supposedly saw Terra do that indicated he was close to the Darkness and she was not only what pushed him towards the Darkness, she did so without basis.

I actually kinda ship Riku/Aqua.

this made me giggle since I found an old, old screen cap of the forums where my signature was showing. Sora/Namine | Riku/Aqua was the top line XD

localorange

Implying it didn't with Terra...

What I meant to say is that it will backfire on her and she'll actually recognize how wrong she was - something Aqua didn't do the first time around. That wasn't clear enough, sorry about that.

Oh so ironically, Riku's been the harshest on himself so far out of all the people he met. Sora and Kairi forgave him easily and Mickey understood what he went through. Namine never once seemed to hold anything against him and helped him come to terms with it all, and even Diz seemed to pity him more than hold it against him, as much as he used it to manipulate Riku.
Riku's the only one so far who seems incapable of coming to terms with what he did.

And the perfect time for him to deal with it and move on is in the next game. I've mentioned before in other threads that a way for him to do that is to put him in Stitch's Hawaii world and have him deal with the "Stitch has a glitch" plotline. Because Stitch learned the same thing in that movie that Riku has to learn. Hopefully something like this could happen before he meets Aqua.

I doubt Riku'd react that badly to Aqua, though. Unless they go along with what I think is possible, that Aqua telling Sora to take care of Riku so soon after Terra made his promise with Riku left an impact on Riku and a negative one at that, Aqua's hardly anyone who could hurt Riku that badly given that he's half as stable as we were led to believe at the end of KHII and Blank Points. Hell, it could be part of Aqua's wake-up call, how she'll get on his case but he'll just shrug.

I don't see it more as Aqua harms Riku. I saw it more as Aqua slowly and gradually irritates Riku up to the point where he snaps at her. His personality - even after his wisdom gaining persona at the end of KH2 - strikes me as one that is not very fond of the sanctimonious, absolutist persona that Aqua very much carries as a part of her.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
You don't actually have to write one. That was a way to dissuade the masses from actually asking for a change. A nice little tidbit is that as long as the change is under six characters, it is just a correction. If you ask for something like "ABC95" it is just a correction because there is no character amount change, just the characters within the name.

I just want to wait until I'm platinum, so when I change it everybody doesn't think I'm dead or something.

LeeLu

Possibly because MX encourages him to use darkness and yet every time he does he feels terrible about it? Plus Aqua's reactions might hint that something is amiss?

That said, when Aqua says what she says, she doesn't realize she's alienating him. She's trying to help him and pull him back into the light. It's both of them at fault. Aqua's for trying to talk to Terra the way Eraqus would and Terra's for not seeing that Aqua is only trying help.

localorange

Possibly because MX encourages him to use darkness and yet every time he does he feels terrible about it? Plus Aqua's reactions might hint that something is amiss?

That said, when Aqua says what she says, she doesn't realize she's alienating him. She's trying to help him and pull him back into the light. It's both of them at fault. Aqua's for trying to talk to Terra the way Eraqus would and Terra's for not seeing that Aqua is only trying help.

In Terra's defense, the poor guy is a lot more sensitive than even he realizes, so I think Aqua trying to talk to him using herself as an ME mouthpiece would have always made things worse, period. (And it did). But I do feel Aqua should have approached it better than she did, so I think there is a part of Terra's end that is very much her fault. We've got enough evidence from the games that hint Aqua has known Terra for years. She should have known how to approach him with such a sensitive topic.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Possibly because MX encourages him to use darkness and yet every time he does he feels terrible about it?

It's a clashing of teachings, Eraqus vs. MX's. It doesn't indicate Terra's really doing something wrong.

Plus Aqua's reactions might hint that something is amiss?

So why the hell did she go "the Master has no reason to distrust you"? I think what's amiss here are Aqua's reactions.

I can relate a lot more to Terra in this case. I've played both their scenarios and as far as this is concerned, Aqua was in the wrong here. She attacked him over the words of a complete stranger without trying to hear him out. It's not like Ven who heard Snow White's misguided account and actually had a reason to doubt - she just exploded and then regretted it 30 seconds later. She wasn't trying to help so much as show off, establish herself as the dominant figure. When they didn't help she basically begged Terra not to walk out on her and didn't know what do to. Not the best show of character I've ever seen.
Opposite we have Terra who's been struggling and what he really needed was a chance to be heard, not attacked by someone so near and dear who, if she really knew Terra at all, should've known that attitude most likely wasn't going to work.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
^ Thinking on it now, I actually would love it if Riku/Aqua happened. I like Aqua/Terra, but I have a growing suspicion that Terra might die to help bring down MX in KH3. And considering how Riku already has a shit ton of guilt on what he's done in the past, and Aqua will probably have just as much, if not more, guilt when she discovers how much havoc she caused by saving Terranort, I honestly cannot wait for the two to meet. Plus, they do look like a great couple, visually. *licks lips* P=

On a different note, Ven95, I might open a Ven CC in the near future. To quote Nomura: "Please, look forward to it."

Can't we say they were both wrong.

Exactly. The whole point of BBS is that everybody made very critical mistakes that resulted in what would become the mess Sora would have to clean up ten years later.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
but I have a growing suspicion that Terra might die to help bring down MX in KH3

Yeah, he has a slightly better chance of dying than Riku, seeing how Riku's part of the main trio.

Aqua will probably have just as much, if not more, guilt when she discovers how much havoc she caused by saving Terranort

One can only hope.

I honestly cannot wait for the two to meet. Plus, they do look like a great couple, visually. *licks lips* P=

Terra's cup size >>> Riku's cup size >>> Aqua's cup size

On a different note, Ven95, I might open a Ven CC in the near future. To quote Nomura: "Please, look forward to it."

To quote Nomura: (laughs)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I would so join it.

I honestly think my biggest pet peeve about Aqua is some of her fans. They like because all they see is the boobs and costume as well as using her to bash the other girls in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back