• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Apprentice, Ven and Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero2

Things to know before posting:

1: All my theories are based on evidence, not false claims.
2: If you disagree with any of my theories then tell me why, do not simply say "It just doesn't seem right to me...", I need feedback.
3: Stay on subject. Do not stray off and start talking about what you and your friends did after school. This is for Birth By Sleep discussion only.

...Now, unto the theorizing!

Study of the Heart​

First seen in the Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix + trailer, the apprentice has been a complete enigma. He is well known for the outfit he wears, which bears a similar resemblance (though the color scheme differs from blue to red)to Riku's outfit while his heart was under the influence of Xehanort's Heartless. Many have gone on to theorize that he is Riku's Clone who's fate was undecided in Chain of Memories brought to the past by unknown means. What I theorize may seem like a stretch to you but in the long run you may begin to understand.

I will begin with a quote from the original Kingdom Hearts:

Ansem Report 2
It is my duty to expose what this darkness really is. I shall conduct the following experiments:

- Extract the darkness from a person's heart.
- Cultivate darkness in a pure heart.
- Both suppress and amplify the darkness within.

The experiments caused the test subject's heart to collapse, including those of the most stalwart. How fragile our hearts are! My treatments produced no signs of recovery. I confined those who had completely lost their hearts beneath the castle.

Sometime later, I went below and was greeted by the strangest sight. Creatures that seemed born from darkness... What are they? Are they truly sentient beings? Could they be the shadows of those who lost their hearts in my experiments?

Xehanort, under the tutelage and disapproval of his teacher, Ansem began to study the darkness in one's heart, enthralled by it's eluding ways. He expressed interest in extracting the darkness from one's heart, then inserting it into someone with a pure heart (presumably a Princess of Heart.) I theorize that Ansem, suspecting Xehanort of knowing his daughter, Kairi, was a Princess of Heart after reading his reports, sent her away to Destiny Islands, but not before dying her hair red to hide her identity as her original hair color was that of her father's (this is why Namine's hair is blonde). But what if long ago, he wasn't the only one enticed with the ways of the heart? Master Xehanort before him may have also studied the workings of the heart, but for different purposes. What purpose you ask?

Rebirth

This is where things get interesting. As we all now, the Master Xehanort we have seen so far seems to be quite old, to the point where his hair has long since faded away. What if Master Xehanort was so obsessed with research he tried to create a "body" of sorts that he could transfer his heart to that would allow for him to live way past his expiration date (which was undoubtedly growing near with every passing day)? If my assumptions are correct, he succeeded in creating a vessel for himself. He believed that by removing his own heart he could in theory "insert" the heart into the clone body, essentially succeeding in transferring himself into a new, younger body. If this is true I believe he tried, failed and found of another way to insert the heart. This however would require that he harvested the hearts of others and combine them all together into what we know as Kingdom Hearts.

He discovered by giving the clone body some of the darkness from his own heart it was able to come to life and help him in his conquest. Already a keyblade master, he succeeded in starting the First Keyblade War. Together with his apprentice he collected many hearts. Finally, after the deaths of many Keyblade wielders Master Xehanort only needed two more hearts, his and one other's. Three other apprentices, belonging to an unknown master had sought the two out, thinking them lost. Learning of his plan they intervened many times, causing Master Xehanort much frustration.

Meeting them in one final showdown, the battle resulted in his victory in which he was finally able to acquire the last heart he needed. This was none other from the one we know as Ven:

Ven- Heartless Image

One would initially think the reason he has the blank expression on his face is because he is frozen. I thought so as well but saw upon closer inspection that he was no where near frozen enough to only have the ability to move his eyes. At this point I believe that Xehanort had stolen away his heart, effectively reducing to him to the same thing as his apprentice: A heartless vessel. He sent the two remaining hearts into Kingdom Hearts. Upon entering Kingdom Hearts with his apprentice he completed his goal and succeeded in entering a new body. Using an unseen power, Terra attempted a last ditch effort in saving his friend. As a result of his interference the newly acquired body Master Xehanort had just gained was badly damaged. He was knocked unconscious, his memory completely in tatters. This however saved Xehanort who's heart would have otherwise perished since the true key in successfully placing one's heart into another is none other than sleep, thus the name Birth By Sleep.

Mickey, having just completed his training with Yensid, arrived on the scene too late. To his horror he discovered the body of Master Xehanort and Aqua. Unknown to any else Terra had used an ability (I predict he learned from Maleficent) that replaced his own heart for Ven's. Ven's heart wondered before entering that of Sora. This would have lasting effects, resulting in Roxas essentially being the first Nobody with a heart. Aqua went into exile, blaming herself for the death of both Ven and Terra. She then left behind her armor before leaving. Taking both the armor and Xehanort, Mickey left them in Radiant Garden. There Master Xehanort would be found by Ansem, who saved him from the brink of death. Mickey though later in the future would completely forget about the incident due to his notorious habit of forgetting things rather quickly (it took him quite some time to remember who Xenmas was).

Upon awakening the first thing he saw was Aqua's armor. Believing it to belong to his unknown savior, he began to referring to the armor as an "old friend". Eventually he would lose his body in the pursuit of research, splitting into two different beings: The Darkness (Xehanort's Heartless) and The Body (Xenmas). The Apprentice was in a way "reborn" because of this, losing his memory but retaining much of the old fighting styles he once had.

posturemc5.jpg

(Both hold their keyblades in their right hand.)

fightstylesfe9.jpg

(Notice how both in battle leap back twice before following up with a counterattack. They both also only shoot projectiles with their left hand. )

Xenmas on the other hand kept all his memories, going on to create Organization XIII with the Nobodies of his apprentices, who had also lost their hearts in pursuit of knowledge.

However, with all this there are still some things left explained with this theory:

Why is it that the orbs of light Master Xehanort used and the ones Xehanort's Heartless use so alike? Is there a hidden meaning behind it?

The Mysterious Orbs

What happened to Aqua?

Is Terra really gone?

How can Sora hold two hearts in his body at once?

Though this is left up to speculation I decided to throw these questions out so in the future they can be answered (if my theory proves to have any truth in it).

So...feedback?

Last edited:

libraxege

Website
www.facebook.com
If Mx took Ven's and his hearts then Ven should be a heartless and should produce a nobody, the same goes for MX. I like most of your theory.

Hero2

If Mx took Ven's and his hearts then Ven should be a heartless and should produce a nobody, the same goes for MX. I like most of your theory.

I don't think Ven had a strong enough heart to produce a Nobody, though the Heartless thing is beyond me.

There's one other thing I forgot to mention:

The reason I believe Terra used a certain magic to replace his heart with Ven's is due to the fact that both Ansem, Master Xehanort, Xehanort, Xehanort's Heartless and Xenmas all have yellow-orange pigmentation in their eyes. I believe that tampering with any part of your heart has a side effect in the Kingdom Hearts universe of changing your eye color. Otherwise Kairi's eye color would be orange as well, not blue. This would better support my theory for the reason that Ansem resented Xehanort's research so much is it because he too had done research similar to his in the past.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
First seen in the Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix + trailer, the apprentice has been a complete enigma. He is well known for the outfit he wears, which bears a similar resemblance (though the color scheme differs from blue to red)to Riku's outfit while his heart was under the influence of Xehanort's Heartless. Many have gone on to theorize that he is Riku's Clone who's fate was undecided in Chain of Memories brought to the past by unknown means. What I theorize may seem like a stretch to you but in the long run you may begin to understand.

Riku Replica died in CoM

Xehanort, under the tutelage and disapproval of his teacher, Ansem began to study the darkness in one's heart, enthralled by it's eluding ways. He expressed interest in extracting the darkness from one's heart, then inserting it into someone with a pure heart (presumably a Princess of Heart.) I theorize that Ansem, suspecting Xehanort of knowing his daughter, Kairi, was a Princess of Heart after reading his reports, sent her away to Destiny Islands, but not before dying her hair red to hide her identity as her original hair color was that of her father's (this is why Namine's hair is blonde). But what if long ago, he wasn't the only one enticed with the ways of the heart? Master Xehanort before him may have also studied the workings of the heart, but for different purposes. What purpose you ask?

It would have been said if Kairi was Ansem's daughter.

Mickey, having just completed his training with Yensid, arrived on the scene too late. To his horror he discovered the body of Master Xehanort and Aqua. Unknown to any else Terra had used an ability (I predict he learned from Maleficent) that replaced his own heart for Ven's. Ven's heart wondered before entering that of Sora. This would have lasting effects, resulting in Roxas essentially being the first Nobody with a heart.

That would make Roxas Ven.

Aqua went into exile, blaming herself for the death of both Ven and Terra. She then left behind her armor before leaving. Taking both the armor and Xehanort, Mickey left them in Radiant Garden. There Master Xehanort would be found by Ansem, who saved him from the brink of death. Mickey though later in the future would completely forget about the incident due to his notorious habit of forgetting things rather quickly (it took him quite some time to remember who Xenmas was).

And not return to her master so she could tell him what happened? Now Aqua might have been distraught, but I don't think running like a child would be something she does. She doesn't seem like that kind of person.

posturemc5.jpg

Maybe because they're right handed?

fightstylesfe9.jpg

(Notice how both in battle leap back twice before following up with a counterattack. They both also only shoot projectiles with their left hand. )

Leon jumps back when you hit him too. If you're holding a sword in your right hand, how can you shoot projectiles from said hand?

Also, the orb Riku had is called Dark Firaga, as confirmed in CoM.

What happened to Aqua?

Dead?

Is Terra really gone?

Yes and/or maybe. If he's not Xehanort, then yes. If not, then more than likely

[/B]

That's a really good question.

Hero2

Riku Replica died in CoM

It would have been said if Kairi was Ansem's daughter.

That would make Roxas Ven.

And not return to her master so she could tell him what happened? Now Aqua might have been distraught, but I don't think running like a child would be something she does. She doesn't seem like that kind of person.

posturemc5.jpg

Maybe because they're right handed?

fightstylesfe9.jpg

Leon jumps back when you hit him too. If you're holding a sword in your right hand, how can you shoot projectiles from said hand?

Also, the orb Riku had is called Dark Firaga, as confirmed in CoM.

Dead?

Yes and/or maybe. If he's not Xehanort, then yes. If not, then more than likely

[/B]

That's a really good question.

It's been highly suggested that Kairi is Ansem's daughter and is widely accepted by most of the community as fact. Also, the orb that Riku uses while fighting you is NOT Dark Firaga, it enhances his fighting ability and gives him various powers as far as I've seen. To answer my own question, I believe Aqua is the 14th member of Organization XIII but why they'd accept a non-Nobody is once again...beyond me.

libraxege

Website
www.facebook.com
The reason I believe Terra used a certain magic to replace his heart with Ven's is due to the fact that both Ansem, Master Xehanort, Xehanort, Xehanort's Heartless and Xenmas all have yellow-orange pigmentation in their eyes. I believe that tampering with any part of your heart has a side effect in the Kingdom Hearts universe of changing your eye color. Otherwise Kairi's eye color would be orange as well, not blue. This would better support my theory for the reason that Ansem resented Xehanort's research so much is it because he too had done research similar to his in the past.

Sora should have the same eyes and Ven too

Hero2

Sora should have the same eyes and Ven too

Sora and Roxas' eye colors BOTH changed over time (they both got lighter, though why they didn't turn orange is a mystery to me.). What I think is that because Sora's intent wasn't personal gain when he stabbed himself with the dark keyblade maybe he was put under different circumstances than Ansem and the others.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
It's been highly suggested that Kairi is Ansem's daughter and is widely accepted by most of the community as fact.

But until CONFIRMED otherwise, she's not. People just thinking she is doesn't mean she is. You can say it all you want, but until Nomura drops that info, she's not. Accept it.

Also, the orb that Riku uses while fighting you is NOT Dark Firaga, it enhances his fighting ability and gives him various powers as far as I've seen.

Did you not play CoM OR KH2?

Riku uses that orb in a sleight. It's called "Dark Firaga"
In KH2, when Riku is in your team, one of his abilities, not limits mind you, is called Dark Firaga. Then that glowy blueish orb comes out and fires at his target.

I don't think Ven had a strong enough heart to produce a Nobody, though the Heartless thing is beyond me.

Because Heartless and Nobodies didn't exist back then.

The reason I believe Terra used a certain magic to replace his heart with Ven's is due to the fact that both Ansem, Master Xehanort, Xehanort, Xehanort's Heartless and Xenmas all have yellow-orange pigmentation in their eyes. I believe that tampering with any part of your heart has a side effect in the Kingdom Hearts universe of changing your eye color.

The reason for yellow colored eyes is a side effect from being too close to the darkness.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I theorize that Ansem, suspecting Xehanort of knowing his daughter, Kairi, was a Princess of Heart after reading his reports, sent her away to Destiny Islands, but not before dying her hair red to hide her identity as her original hair color was that of her father's (this is why Namine's hair is blonde).

1. Kairi's hair is naturally red, as we saw from the flashback of her with her grandmother. And wouldn't she have to keep dying it again and again in order to keep the color by KH1 and KH2? Since she was on a different world, away from Xehanort, I can't see why she'd go to all that trouble unless she really liked the color.

2. Xehanort sent her to Destiny Islands, as is written in another one of the Ansem Reports from KH1:

Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.

Also, Xehanort hadn't discovered the existence of other worlds yet, and the only Princess of Heart available to him would have been Kairi. And this report seems to indicate that he never intended to experiment with her heart by creating a Heartless, he wanted her to find the Keyblade wielder.

What if Master Xehanort was so obsessed with research he tried to create a "body" of sorts that he could transfer his heart to that would allow for him to live way past his expiration date (which was undoubtedly growing near with every passing day)? If my assumptions are correct, he succeeded in creating a vessel for himself. He believed that by removing his own heart he could in theory "insert" the heart into the clone body, essentially succeeding in transferring himself into a new, younger body. If this is true I believe he tried, failed and found of another way to insert the heart. This however would require that he harvested the hearts of others and combine them all together into what we know as Kingdom Hearts.

Now there's an interesting idea; "the quest for immortality" is right up there with "taking over the world" when it comes to villain schemes. But how would harvesting a bunch of hearts help him achieve this, unless he was trying to experiment ways to put hearts into different bodies, or vessels?

He discovered by giving the clone body some of the darkness from his own heart it was able to come to life and help him in his conquest. Already a keyblade master, he succeeded in starting the First Keyblade War. Together with his apprentice he collected many hearts. Finally, after the deaths of many Keyblade wielders Master Xehanort only needed two more hearts, his and one other's. Three other apprentices, belonging to an unknown master had sought the two out, thinking them lost. Learning of his plan they intervened many times, causing Master Xehanort much frustration.

So you're suggesting that DS was originally supposed to be the body MX would place his heart into, and then he brought it to life when that didn't work? But if it's already a part of him, how could it be an apprentice? An apprentice is someone who learns from a master and maybe picks up a few of his tricks, not a copy of the original master. Though this would explain why DS appears to come out of MX in the Secret Movie, to show their deep connection.

Meeting them in one final showdown, the battle resulted in his victory in which he was finally able to acquire the last heart he needed. This was none other from the one we know as Ven:

Ven- Heartless Image

One would initially think the reason he has the blank expression on his face is because he is frozen. I thought so as well but saw upon closer inspection that he was no where near frozen enough to only have the ability to move his eyes. At this point I believe that Xehanort had stolen away his heart, effectively reducing to him to the same thing as his apprentice: A heartless vessel.

As a Keyblade wielder, I'm sure Ven would have had a strong enough heart to produce a Heartless/Nobody. And Heartless didn't even exist yet.

He sent the two remaining hearts into Kingdom Hearts. Upon entering Kingdom Hearts with his apprentice he completed his goal and succeeded in entering a new body. Using an unseen power, Terra attempted a last ditch effort in saving his friend. As a result of his interference the newly acquired body Master Xehanort had just gained was badly damaged. He was knocked unconscious, his memory completely in tatters. This however saved Xehanort who's heart would have otherwise perished since the true key in successfully placing one's heart into another is none other than sleep, thus the name Birth By Sleep.

So what are you suggesting happened to DS?

Unknown to any else Terra had used an ability (I predict he learned from Maleficent) that replaced his own heart for Ven's. Ven's heart wondered before entering that of Sora. This would have lasting effects, resulting in Roxas essentially being the first Nobody with a heart.

How would that be possible, especially if you're right and Ven's heart really did enter Kingdom Hearts?

Aqua went into exile, blaming herself for the death of both Ven and Terra. She then left behind her armor before leaving.

I was thinking along similar lines, although I figured that she informed Mickey and her master (if he's still alive at this point) about her decision, not so much to punish herself, but to renounce her status as Keyblade wielder and live on her own. MX and DS were gone as far as they knew, so it's not like she was abandoning them in the middle of a war.

Mickey though later in the future would completely forget about the incident due to his notorious habit of forgetting things rather quickly (it took him quite some time to remember who Xenmas was).

Hey, it all happened ten-eleven years ago (by the events of KH2 occured), and he probably didn't think it was important when they first met; Xehanort was just one of the many people who worked with Ansem. He remembered it about ten minutes later when Xemnas arrived.

Upon awakening the first thing he saw was Aqua's armor. Believing it to belong to his unknown savior, he began to referring to the armor as an "old friend".

That's definitely a possibility; I like that idea!

Those are some good observations.

What happened to Aqua?

I have two theories regarding this, which I originally posted in the Critic Clan thread. Here's a link to it. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

Is Terra really gone?

I agree with PMF on this one.

DarkSoldier85

First I'd like to say that I'm glad you posted your ideas. I agree with a lot of the stuff, but there are some things I disagree with.

I disagree with the possession idea simply because Master Xehanort had no need of another body, unlike Xehanort's Heartless (who had lost his completely to the darkness).

Also, someone said something about Ven not having a strong enough heart to produce a Nobody or something like that.
1. Nobodies didn't exist at the time.
2. A Nobody is created no matter how strong a person's heart is. If they have a strong heart then the Nobody will have a human appearance.

For the theory about Riku, Riku had the Heartless outfit before he was possessed by Xehanort's Heartless.

XxRemnantxX

Wow. These are some VERY interesting theories and a lot of them make sense. I like the theory about Kairi being Ansem's daughter. But like Organization_42 said...in that scene where Kairi is talking to her grandmother, her hair is already red. But everything else seems very plausible.

~KBZ~

Sora did hold two heart in his body during KH1. It was Kairi's heart and his own. If you're theory about Ven's heart being in his body is also correct, then Sora would've had three hearts in his body at the time.

I don't think it is correct, btw. Only because if it were true, then Roxas would in fact be Ven and that can't be right. He is supposed to be a new character that didn't make an appearance in KH1 or KH2.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I theorize that Ansem, suspecting Xehanort of knowing his daughter, Kairi, was a Princess of Heart after reading his reports, sent her away to Destiny Islands, but not before dying her hair red to hide her identity as her original hair color was that of her father's (this is why Namine's hair is blonde).

I really don't like this part. >.>

First of all, Xehanort was the one who sent Kairi to the Destiny Islands, as an experiment to see if a Princess of Heart would lead him to the Keyblade weilder.
Secondly, just because Kairi is a Princess of Heart does not mean that she is actual royalty.

Namine's blond hair can be explained by the fact that Nobodies' appearences very from those of their original selves.
Also, if Namine was part of Kairi, the daughter of Ansem, why would Ansem have ordered Riku to dispose of Namine?

libraxege

Website
www.facebook.com
Sora did hold two heart in his body during KH1. It was Kairi's heart and his own. If you're theory about Ven's heart being in his body is also correct, then Sora would've had three hearts in his body at the time.

I don't think it is correct, btw. Only because if it were true, then Roxas would in fact be Ven and that can't be right. He is supposed to be a new character that didn't make an appearance in KH1 or KH2.

...and, sora wouldn't become a heartless if he had Ven's Heart within him. Cuz he only lost his own hearts, but Ven's heart remained in his heart.
But now i'm thinking...that cold be why Sora can dual wield...

kakashii77

but one question. rmb in KH1 they said kairi came that night when a comet felt from the sky? where did she came from and what is her reason to be there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back