• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Anime & Manga Dumping Ground

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I just watched Hideaki Anno's His & Her Circumstances (better known as Kare Kano) for the first time. I really enjoyed it and thought the characters were very well written but it was a shame that the show kind of self destructed after episode 18. I know the production troubles they had and all that.

Hopefully the Gunbuster release coming this year doesn't have any issues and hopefully somebody picks up that 30th anniversary Nadia set.

D

Deleted member 246005

I bought Volume 0 of Jujutsu Kaisen and thought it was a decent entry point for the franchise. I was hoping for a spinoff like Vigilantes but its not really that.

I also been enjoying Beastars. I bought the manga from volume 11. That's post season 2 of the anime in case you're curious.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I held off from reading the .hack//G.U. Begins manga chapters that were posted online for free and it's finally paid off. My physical copy came in with the G.U. collection for Switch, and wow the art is incredible and the retelling of Ryou Misaki's journey from Sora to Haseo is fantastic.

PikaPal

Awards
Still sad we've lost both Billy Kametz and Kazuki Takahashi.

They both were seriously talented dudes indeed.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Hey! I'm having trouble remembering a manga series, can anybody help?

The protagonist is an adolescent male
Light is a core part of the series
There are floating cities
Time travel is involved (the protagonist's mentor ages suddenly one day after bringing him [the protagonist] his newly adopted sisters
There are also centaurs I believe?

Any help is appreciated

EDIT: Also, with Zatch Bell's (Konjiki no Gash) new sequel, what is everybody's opinion on the possibility of the series finishing in NA?

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I don’t know who on the internet said the new BLEACH anime would be streaming on Disney+ but it turns out they were right.

And for those wondering, VIZ Media is still in charge of the dub, so a majority of VAs from the original series will be reprising.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Okay, so I just watched the first episode of the new Bleach anime; does anybody else feel like Ichigo going Bankai on some Huge Hollows was overkill? I hoped we might get the regular appearance via what the manga did when he used it on Asguiaro Ebern.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Okay, so I just watched the first episode of the new Bleach anime; does anybody else feel like Ichigo going Bankai on some Huge Hollows was overkill? I hoped we might get the regular appearance via what the manga did when he used it on Asguiaro Ebern.
To be fair, these Hollows were lured by the Quincy(presumably Ebern)’s Hollow bait. And the last time that was used by a Quincy, a Menos Grande showed up. They were fairly strong Hollows, so going Bankai was probably warranted. A little gratuitous? Maybe, but considering everybody else was showing off what they can do, and it’s been a good while since the first Bleach anime ended, it could be seen as a nice bit of fan service for returning viewers.

Also, on a related note, the English dub will be starting up this Friday

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Okay, so I watched the new episode, and I'm a little confused on the direction they're taking. At some points, it feels like they're railroading it by skipping moments with dialogue or moments which seem to drag on longer, but then there are other scenes where I feel like the extra animation was very well done and that they are giving those that read the manga a little more flare.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
That seems to be just the directing style at play. They’re going on the assumption that most people have already read the manga and are adapting what feels essential to the story they’re trying to tell, while also sprinkling in some new stuff along the way, like what Uryu was doing while Ichigo and company were in Hueco Mundo with Nel a few episodes ago.

Also, since this adaptation has Tite Kubo on board as part of the staff(it is his manga after all), he’d have to okay any changes made.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I finished Cyberpunk: Edgerunners earlier this week. Man, that ending hit me right in the feels. Definitely worth watching. Good animation and definitely for a mature audience.

D

Deleted member 246005

I liked the new look for Trigun's new anime. I never finished the manga so I'm hoping it streams on Netflix one day.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
This looks to be an alternate retelling of Trigun, unrelated to the original or Maximum manga. That said, it seems the creators were inspired by those manga in this new take.

D

Deleted member 246005

This looks to be an alternate retelling of Trigun, unrelated to the original or Maximum manga. That said, it seems the creators were inspired by those manga in this new take.
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification. I haven't read Trigun in years so I'll probably check it out from my local library.

D

Deleted member 246005

I liked Bungo Stray Dogs's first volume and would check out the others in the new year.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Saw Trigun Stampede’s premiere episide and I gotta say Orange is knocking it out of the park with this one visually👍
While going into this, I knew they’d doing a new continuity rather than adapt Trigun Maximum, but despite that it‘s nice seeing the Humanoid Typhoon back on anime screens, and I’m curious to see how different this new story plays out from the original.

PikaPal

Awards
Looks like George Newbern's going to be in the dub cast for Record of Ragnarok II. Pretty cool to see Sephiroth's previous VA get the chance to be in a anime series (although one that has mixed reception).

Back