• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Anime & Manga Dumping Ground

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Yeah, the manga had some plot holes. I got the impression that Tsukune and the other girls end up getting into a polygamous marriage or something like Moka's father. I would have loved to see more of Akua's backstory. Did we ever get to see her birth mother? I mean, she is the eldest and it would have been interesting to see more of her childhood before she arrived at Moka's place.

Other than her original sister, we didn't. There was a small flashback of her and her sister (whom bore resemblance to Moka) in Hong Kong.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

There was no mention of her birth parents, Akua was just mentioned was
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also worth mentioning a funny scene with the Headmaster and Touhou Fuhai's bickering about them once flirting with Akasha, Moka's mom and how she would relentlessly beat them both up for their aggressive advances. And of course, my avvy, San Otonashi, it's a shame we didn't get to see the ship between her and Gin come into full circle. Though her character arc was quite memorable.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Other than her original sister, we didn't. There was a small flashback of her and her sister (whom bore resemblance to Moka) in Hong Kong.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

There was no mention of her birth parents, Akua was just mentioned was
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also worth mentioning a funny scene with the Headmaster and Touhou Fuhai's bickering about them once flirting with Akasha, Moka's mom and how she would relentlessly beat them both up for their aggressive advances. And of course, my avvy, San Otonashi, it's a shame we didn't get to see the ship between her and Gin come into full circle. Though her character arc was quite memorable.

Well, there is a wikia for Rosario Vampire. It lists Akua as being the daughter of Issa and the eldest daughter of his kids. Issa's manga appearance is completely different from his anime counterpart. Akua's mother according to the wikia died when she was really little and ended up living in China with a relative.

It's been some time since I have read Rosario Vampire.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Well, there is a wikia for Rosario Vampire. It lists Akua as being the daughter of Issa and the eldest daughter of his kids. Issa's manga appearance is completely different from his anime counterpart. Akua's mother according to the wikia died when she was really little and ended up living in China with a relative.

It's been some time since I have read Rosario Vampire.

Well from the translation that I've read. They were only mentioned once, very vague about it. Other than her living in China with her first stepsister, Jasmine, training as Touhou's disciple then being adopted to the Shuzen household.

Akua had the potential to be a great character, if given more time to develop.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well from the translation that I've read. They were only mentioned once, very vague about it. Other than her living in China with her first stepsister, Jasmine, training as Touhou's disciple then being adopted to the Shuzen household.

Akua had the potential to be a great character, if given more time to develop.
I am just wondering why the anime was so short compared to the manga. Didn't the manga finish after the anime? I can't really remember since it's been years since I've last seen it. Plus, it's probably pointless to argue whether Issa is Akua's father or if he adopted her. The guy was known for his polygamy, which really got Moka upset when he pretty much had all the girls like Kurumu around him. She had a pretty complex and difficult relationship with her three other half sisters.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
I am just wondering why the anime was so short compared to the manga. Didn't the manga finish after the anime? I can't really remember since it's been years since I've last seen it. Plus, it's probably pointless to argue whether Issa is Akua's father or if he adopted her. The guy was known for his polygamy, which really got Moka upset when he pretty much had all the girls like Kurumu around him. She had a pretty complex and difficult relationship with her three other half sisters.

Well it was through Touhou that Akua was introduced into the Shuzen Household. So we can just assume on the surface that she was adopted, the manga never really delved in on Akua and Issa's relationship other than being a foster relative. We can't really say anything else.

Yes, the manga was still ongoing when season 2 of the anime was aired. There were allusions from the manga half-way through, but then it's just anime-only story from there. Issa was made the main villain of season 2, instead of Alucard. Lots of changes

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
192d4574463ab80946fd6b2d9d50bcf3.jpg

Mahou Sensei Negima

Another title I have been meaning to get to since 2011, I've been beating myself over for reminding myself of reading it. Better late than never. I know it had 2 anime adaptations done by different companies and had different stories, but I'm gonna settle with the Manga first.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Has anyone ever heard of Descendants of Darkness or Nightwalker?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

There was also Akakakushi, which had a manga, but it seems like I can't find much of anything about it.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's kind of hard to tell what this manga or visual novel is about since there doesn't seem to be much information about it.

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Ooo I forgot there was a thread about this!!!
So recently I started on the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul which is amazing so far, I'm around in the beginning still but I'll hopefully catch myself up. I try to look online for a copy but I keep finding some around $100 or more.
Then there's Devil's Line which I finished the 3rd volume and been looking for the 4th one on sale. The story reminds me like Tokyo Ghoul in a lot of aspects.
Then there's one called Kitchen Princess that I've read over and over about a girl named Najika that enrolls in a academy for special skilled students while looking for her "prince", a guy that saved her life when she was little. A good manga which reminds me I need to get the next volume as well.
Recently I bought volumes 1 and 2 of Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess mangas, and honestly they are pretty good. Still weird how Link talks (because he never "talks" in games). Though the story of the mangas have some differences from the game, it's still enjoyable to read.
Then there's Maximum Ride mangas, I've finished reading all that have been made so far and waiting for the next volume (vol 10, from the looks of it, it maybe Dec. 2019 when the next one will release). Though there can be a lot of changes from the original novels, it still follows the story well and I love how it's interpreted into the manga form, it definitely helps visualize more of the events.
Other than occasionally reading the mangas of KH Re:CoM amd KH2, that's about it so far.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I finished B: The Beginning and it was very good. I enjoy the mystery around the story, mostly all characters, and the animation was well done. I wish more anime was like this one.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
1623303_English_ShowDetailHeaderDesktop_12bbc86c-2acf-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

Just stumbled upon this anime by pure accident, because I just finished replaying the Steins ; Gate VN. And my goodness, how come did I not found this anime earlier.

At first I thought it would be a shounen mecha anime (and it was), but it's not heavy on the theme like Darling in the FranXX. It's a slice-of-life but with a lot of heart and nerdy charm. Think Ready Player One, but its a mecha genre. Highly recommended, just prepare for unexpected feels.

Veevee

Awards
I recently read "The Promised Neverland" and it's really good! A quite compelling thriller with unexpected plot twists. I lately saw a list where it was the current manga most people wanted an anime of, so here's hoping.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
After a lot of time I decided to jump on the My Hero Academia bandwagon and it's a slow-paced one for sure (watching the anime). Might try the manga but it all depends if I get a soft spot for the series, thematically or something. It's a diverse cast of characters but I don't feel they get healthy and balanced development so far (and by so far I mean I am halfway through season 2 and I expected the plot and characters to be already pretty solid and fleshed-out at this point, but sadly it doesn't look like that...). The series sure is charming but I wish it would take better care of its characters, in all honesty :< Perhaps, even if it's a shonen title, I wanted a bit of more depth to the story, feeling that it's all meaningful, but I am still waiting for this element to appear in some plot point... The soundtrack gotta say sounds epic tho and the art is very good too. A quality product, I could say, but just not quite as good as I'd expected, given all the huge love and hype there was and still is around it (saw it from a distance, the fandom seems huge)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

*edit after finishing season 3*
Season 3 was easily the best watch for me, finally a quick pace, meaty action and some solid character development where it was needed, especially on the part of All Might and Bakugo, since they were BOTH the pillars of Deku's motivation, yet I didn't feel there was enough to show that until season 3. Or there was regarding All Might, but all the tension regarding Bakugo always felt rather unexplored to me till now. I feel the series will go in an interesting direction from here, and frankly, just seeing episode 23 made all the skeptical wait worth it. You got a good show there, fans, even if it's not really my cup of tea for various reasons. Yours sincerely, I could probably call myself an old-school shonen fan lol

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
Just binged all of MHA about a few months ago and I love it. It's up there in my favourites list but not like in my top tier since it does have it's flaws. I like how it does the shonen troupes but just executes them well. But people who say that it doesn't follow shonen troupes need to watch hxh to fully understand what they're saying lol. I'd definitely say that the quirks and a few of the characters (Bakugo, All Might and to a lesser extent Todoroki and Kirishima in particular stand out a lot) are what has taken my attention more so than the quality of the show itself, but it's still a really fun watch. I do also appreciate that the protagonist is actually really smart for once in a shonen. However I think the problem I have with the manga atm is:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also finally watching HxH 2011 and it's making me wish I grew up with it so it would have been a more special anime. In the middle of Yorknew atm. My god the last time I was completely drawn and obsessed with an anime this much was back in like 2010-2012 with shows like Durarara, Madoka and Steins Gate. I love how when it goes all out, it really does and doesn't hold back in terms of being dark, heck the main focus on characters even change. It's interesting to see a modern adaption of something that started in the 90s, and its definitely written like it's a 90s manga.
Killua deserves so much brownie points for being the main protag's supportive best friend instead of the rival who wants to be stronger than the protag. Bakugo is still really great tho in that the rival is not evil for once and I do like the whole 'two sides of the same coin' thing going on.

EDIT: Just finished Yorknew. I never expected to get that feeling you get when you finish a show halfway through. That arc was just amazing. Definitely recommend. <3

EDIT double: Okay anyone who has not seen HunterxHunter needs to watch it asap. It's become my favourite anime. rip me with the hiatus.

Last edited:

paul24587

I know relatively few individuals here are fanatics of Dragon Ball, yet on the off chance that somebody goes over news of Jaco The Galactic Patrolman going to the States I will love them inconclusively.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've been watching That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. It's incredible wholesome to watch. Especially once you get past episode two, it's full of promise. I also really like Ranga. So freaking cute, hilarious, and powerful. I'm nearly caught up to the point of having to wait each week for an episode. But I'm hoping this series goes long. It does an amazing job of handling a bunch of characters and fleshing them out into the main story. I'd also welcome a season two of this.

Otherwise, I'm dragging my heels with my anime backlog. I might edit this later and recommend more shows I'm watching. :)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've been watching Naoki Urasawa's Monster. Oh my God, Monster is one of the most well-crafted stories ever told, I am so addicted to it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I went to a subbed screening of Penguin Highway tonight, and now Hikki's "Good Night" is stuck in my head. I think it merits a rewatch. I'm also curious how the dub translation was handled.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I jumped into My Hero Academia a couple of months back. It was so good. I want to read the manga, but it'll take me a while to buy all of it... I really didn't think I'd like the show going by its premise. All-Might looked very strange... I watched the first two seasons up to where they're airing the new dubbed episodes on Toonami. I love all the characters, but the interactions between Izuku, Todoroki, and Bakugou is my favorite part of the show. Bakugou is probably my favorite of the characters, overall. I loved watching his mental breakdown over Izuku being stronger than him, lmao. Something about his design is really cute. And almost all the fight scenes are entertaining.

Since then, I decided to check out Fairy Tail. The show always seemed like something I would enjoy and I wasn't wrong. I'm up to episode 140 now. It's another one where I miraculously seem to like all the characters. At first, I thought I was going to be annoyed by the nonstop fanservice going on with the female characters, but at least they do it equally with the male characters. lol Too bad all of the dub isn't on hulu. I've been forced to watch these YouTube videos where they speed up the sound almost to the point of chipmunk voices, ugh. Natsu is one of my favorite anime leads, which I didn't think would be the case at all. I've seen other things the English voice actor was in (Hetalia, FMA) and I didn't think I'd be able to separate him from other characters, but this is probably his best role.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I jumped into My Hero Academia a couple of months back. It was so good. I want to read the manga, but it'll take me a while to buy all of it... I really didn't think I'd like the show going by its premise. All-Might looked very strange... I watched the first two seasons up to where they're airing the new dubbed episodes on Toonami. I love all the characters, but the interactions between Izuku, Todoroki, and Bakugou is my favorite part of the show. Bakugou is probably my favorite of the characters, overall. I loved watching his mental breakdown over Izuku being stronger than him, lmao. Something about his design is really cute. And almost all the fight scenes are entertaining.

Since then, I decided to check out Fairy Tail. The show always seemed like something I would enjoy and I wasn't wrong. I'm up to episode 140 now. It's another one where I miraculously seem to like all the characters. At first, I thought I was going to be annoyed by the nonstop fanservice going on with the female characters, but at least they do it equally with the male characters. lol Too bad all of the dub isn't on hulu. I've been forced to watch these YouTube videos where they speed up the sound almost to the point of chipmunk voices, ugh. Natsu is one of my favorite anime leads, which I didn't think would be the case at all. I've seen other things the English voice actor was in (Hetalia, FMA) and I didn't think I'd be able to separate him from other characters, but this is probably his best role.
NO! HIS BEST ROLE IS JIL FROM THE TOWER OF DRUAGA!

Back