• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Angel of Death

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I have a theory:

Whatever plan the MoM has it could entail Worldline jumping. There's a possibility that the Power of Waking could be used to jump Worldlines. That would explain why he disappeared during KHx and we see him in the Secret Ending, meaning that he could have died.

This is where Yozora comes into play. We know that the ultimate price for the overuse of the Power of Waking is death. Something tells me that Yozora's role in the Master's plan is to come and pick him up whenever he dies in order to keep abusing from the Power of Waking without any sort of permanent death.

Like a 1up.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That's definitely a possibility. Though we don't really know what the cost of the Power Of Waking is other then one's "time in this world is up" and that one dims, fades and disappears.

That said there being a type of gate keeper that prevents those that abuse the power of waking would make sense and prevent it from becoming KH's "collect the dragonballs and wish everyone back".

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's definitely a possibility. Though we don't really know what the cost of the Power Of Waking is other then one's "time in this world is up" and that one dims, fades and disappears.

That said there being a type of gate keeper that prevents those that abuse the power of waking would make sense and prevent it from becoming KH's "collect the dragonballs and wish everyone back".
Yozora being a gatekeeper makes sense. Greek mythology has Dream and Death being brothers that live next from each other on the gates of the Underworld.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yozora being a gatekeeper makes sense. Greek mythology has Dream and Death being brothers that live next from each other on the gates of the Underworld.
Kingdom Hearts seems to be building upon the idea that Dream and Death are related or at least connected.
Still if Yozora is the keeper of death's gate, than I'm curious as to what his world and friends are.

okhi12

Awards
Kingdom Hearts seems to be building upon the idea that Dream and Death are related or at least connected.
Absolutely, that's what Chirithy said. There is a transition of sorts between death and dreams and ''one can't help the ocassional crossover''. And if there was any doubt the secret ending made it obvious that Nomura won't refuse to explore the main concepts from Versus XIII, death and sleep/dreams. After all, Sora is dead, Yozora seems to be dead and not-Somnus playing in the secret ending must have some meaning. Sora and Yozora saying the ''weird thoughts'' line from KH1 that was an introduction to Sora's dream with the station of awakening is no coincidence, that's for sure.

Noivern

Awards
Absolutely, that's what Chirithy said. There is a transition of sorts between death and dreams and ''one can't help the ocassional crossover''. And if there was any doubt the secret ending made it obvious that Nomura won't refuse to explore the main concepts from Versus XIII, death and sleep/dreams. After all, Sora is dead, Yozora seems to be dead and not-Somnus playing in the secret ending must have some meaning. Sora and Yozora saying the ''weird thoughts'' line from KH1 that was an introduction to Sora's dream with the station of awakening is no coincidence, that's for sure.

Also the whole concept of the sleeping worlds in 3D, one of which being Shinjuku-Traverse town considering TWEWY has the whole angel of death/shinigami stuff going on.

We could also refeer to the literal title of Birth by Sleep and what it meant in the narrative. Ventus was left for dead in Destiny Islands and was fading away in sleep before his heart connected with Sora's who was most likely sleeping at the time, considering it was night.

Sora also describes his experience while as a Heartless (which was essentially being dead, I guess?) as a fuzzy dream.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We could also refeer to the literal title of Birth by Sleep and what it meant in the narrative. Ventus was left for dead in Destiny Islands and was fading away in sleep before his heart connected with Sora's who was most likely sleeping at the time, considering it was night.

Sora had just been born, which is why he refers to himself as a newly born heart.

Noivern

Awards
Sora had just been born, which is why he refers to himself as a newly born heart.

I just went into wiki to look and you are right, I never realized so much time happened between that intro and BBS. Now I'm a bit confused on what Age Ven is supposed to be biologically lol

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I just went into wiki to look and you are right, I never realized so much time happened between that intro and BBS. Now I'm a bit confused on what Age Ven is supposed to be biologically lol
Common believe (base on a Nomura interview) is he's 16 in BBS proper and about 12 in the prologue on Destiny Island. The fact that they didn't have younger models for the TAV kinda makes things harder to understand and differentiate.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I feel like that association is mostly established in KH3. Water has also often been used to symbolize darkness and sleep in the series. With one falling deeper into it, losing consciousness as one does.

Though I might be forgetting some instances where Water was connected to death in previous entries.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I feel like that association is mostly established in KH3. Water has also often been used to symbolize darkness and sleep in the series. With one falling deeper into it, losing consciousness as one does.

Though I might be forgetting some instances where Water was connected to death in previous entries.
Either death or a state of moribund.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Common believe (base on a Nomura interview) is he's 16 in BBS proper and about 12 in the prologue on Destiny Island. The fact that they didn't have younger models for the TAV kinda makes things harder to understand and differentiate.

I think it was at TGS last year during the stage show? During the Q&A segment, Nomura was asked what ages BBS characters were, so he just spitballed "idk around 16" for Ven.

Back