• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Alternative Paths(A Collaborative KH Role-Play) Sign-Ups & OOC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphex

.Inspire.
The Universe; a void consisting of worlds that live in nothing but peace. Yet, none of the inhabitants were even aware that other worlds existed and that they each were all connected to one another. The "Keyholes" is what they all had in common, a seal that prevented the creatures known as the Heartless to spawn and feast upon the hearts of the inhabitants. Yet, the seals themselves appeared to have been broken, the creatures now free to satisfy their hunger. But there appeared to be someone who was involved with the release of the Heartless, yet they are not aligned with them at all. The irony is that this enigma opposes the Heartless yet are only using them just for their own self desires; that being only to leave death behind their path. There didn't seem to be any hope for these worlds as some were already destroyed and succumbed to the destruction.

While this continued, a new army of creatures began spawning from the dead carcasses the Heartless left behind. They too were responsible for the reign of death, but at the same time fought against the Heartless. Proven to be as deadly(or even deadlier) as the shadow-like beings, the two armies continued to wage war against one another in an attempt to claim the many lives for their own. As much as those who lived in the worlds that were under attack, no-one were able to achieve in fending off the two types of monsters and failed in the end. . .

There still lies a handful of worlds that have yet to encounter the oncoming threat. Unaware of what has yet to come, there is still a chance for them to be saved by all of this. It is said that those who possess a strong-heart would rise up and put an end to all of this destruction, sealing away those who pose as a threat. But will their strength and efforts be enough to restore everything to how it once was?

.The Threat.

This enigma that had been mentioned, surprisingly enough, isn't a man but instead a woman by the name of Neonica. There has only been stories told of her presence, rumors speculating that she is nothing more but a cold-blooded murderer. Others refer to her as a tyrant that had gone completely psychotic, that, and a lunatic. Whatever the case is, they all were all apart of her true personality. At first, it seemed as though she was the leader of the Heartless but that became a false statement as she is only using them as a diversion. Her motives are unknown and a majority of her victims are dead with the exception of a few survivors. Yet, there appears to be one object that had caught her attention; that object being the door to Kingdom Hearts. Whatever the case is or what desires is seen by claiming it, Neonica doesn't see the need to stop until she gets what she wants which would only create a much larger issue for the worlds that still exists.

Neonica: *Destiny_Seeker*

.The Apprentices.

A small organization that had been formed by Neonica herself. They have been followers of her motives and sought out to defend their leader, preventing those that oppose to her. Unlike Neonica, they are a group of Beings that take on more of a human appearance but ended up being victims of her manipulation. They are only a few that roam the Universe alongside the tyrant, making sure that her motives end up becoming a reality.

[.I.] Chainz; "The Silent Jester" (Sound/Chain Whip/Aphex)
[.II.] Dawn & Fable (Puzzles/Lucky Strike/Double Digits/Puppeteers/<3)
[.III.] (Reserved)
[.IV.] Jet; "The Trickster" (Card Manipulation/Cards/CD-Man2021)
[.V.] Thrain (Light/Twin Lances/Ventus Air-Man)

.The Forgotten.

There have been countless sightings of a new batch of monsters. These creatures are nothing like the Heartless and have a craving for something else; that being the memories of others. These creatures are known as the Forgotten, monsters created through the deformity of memories and only continued to exist by continuously feeding off from it. Unlike the Heartless, however, the Forgotten take after bits of their consumed memories which only add onto their grotesque appearances. Not only that but they are proven to be as deadly as the Heartless too, now in a war against them.

.The Nobodies.

Another batch of strange creatures that wander the Universe. These Nobodies are created once someone loses their heart or succumbs to the darkness, thus creating an outer-shell. All though they don't seem interested in taking over any of the existing worlds, that doesn't mean they should be taken lightly. They too are as dangerous as the Heartless and Forgotten.

.The Key.

Despite the ongoing plague that consists of three different forces, there is still a solution that could overcome them all. It has been said that a weapon known as the "Keyblade" is brought forth to those whose hearts had proven to be strong enough to wield its power. But there are only three known to exist; one representing Light, one aligned with the Darkness, and one caught in between both known as Twilight.

The Wielder of Light: Reon Bronsky (Shinra X-2)
The Wielder of Darkness: Derrick Alvaro (Aphex)
The Wielder of Twilight: Rena (Takushi Rena)

Will the wielder of Light bring forth the peace? Will the wielder of Darkness mettle too much and succumb to its power and prevent the restoration of the worlds? Will the Wielder of Twilight become unsure of their actions and make the wrong decision?

They each have the ability to seal the Keyholes and restore the peace the worlds once lived in. But, that all depends on how each wielder chooses to use the "Keyblade" as they must walk down their own paths. . .

[:?:]Character List[:?:]

Izak Noir:
Takushi Rena

Brigad: Archetype00x

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without further ado, The Alternative Paths is back from the dead! Been a while since I've decided to bring this back but this time, I had help from others in order to make this better. I have hopes right now and really want to see if this will go far and actually finish!

[:?:]Rules[:?:]

1. The usual rules apply here, no god-modding and power-playing, EVER. First time you'll be warned but continue to do so, and I will end up kicking you out of the role-play.

2. No one is perfect here! Characters that are far too powerful and cannot be touched will not be accepted so please, refrain from making those types of characters.

3. LITERACY IS A MUST! I know this is open to all but please, your post should consist of at least two to three paragraphs with proper grammar as well. That, and as long as everyone can read what you wrote.

4. Romance is allowed but don't go overboard here, if you know what I mean. Cross the line here and. . . well, just guess what happens then. :D

5. BE ACTIVE! If I see that you have not posted in a week or two, I will notify you through a PM.

6. There are only three Keyblade positions and five positions for the Apprentices. Once they are filled up, that's it. If you wish to reserve the spots, I will do so and hold them until you post your template.

7. This role-play is somewhat of the original Kingdom Hearts but with a new cast so that means no Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc.

8. Just so that I see you have read the rules, please post "Choose your path wisely. . ." at the top of your template.

9. Forgot to add this in but. . . ORIGINAL characters allowed!

10. Most importantly, have fun! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[:?:]Template[:?:]

Name:

(Only applies to the Apprentices.)

Element:(Only applies to the Apprentices.)

Alignment:
(Is your character good, bad, or just chooses to stay neutral?)

Weapon:

Appearance:
(Pictures are allowed but please, provide a paragraph or two worth of description as well.

Personality:
Again, put effort into this. Characters can't all be described in one sentence. At least a paragraph please.

Bio:(A minimum of a paragraph.)

Other:(Anything else that isn't mentioned goes here.)

Last edited:

<3

Call me Love, love.
Hmm... May I reserve the Apprentice II spot?
If so, I should have a temp up soon.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I want the wielder of light!!!!!!!! Reserve that one for me?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can you... reserve me a spot? XD; I don't think Izak would want to be an Apprentice, so I don't think I has to steal any specific spots. I'll post up my templates in a bit!

<3

Call me Love, love.
"Choose your path wisely. . ."

Name: Dawn & Fable

Element: Puzzles

Alignment: Bad

Weapon: Lucky Strike - A six foot, black and white scyth used by Fable to punish cheaters or looses of her games. The colours mold and change shape depending on Fable's mood and has never known to miss its intended target.

The blade is similar in shape of a crescent moon, although, less bent. The staff bares sharp points at each end.

Double Digits - Two dice to Dawn's possession, used as the main tool to manipulate her games. Each role of the dice can determine life and death for the participant, and whenever rolled on either Dawn's or Fable's turn, a 2 or 22 (their lucky numbers) could either mean a huge advantage or they win the overall game.

In some cases, depending on the game, the dices can spawn a type of lesser demon used mainly for Dawn's defensive or offensive strikes.

Puppeteers - Shadow type entities which follow under the command of Dawn and Fable, usually spawned to protect Dawn. These beings appear to be limp with their heads constantly bowed, their strings drag helplessly behind them along with the unhandled wooden cross.

The insignia they wear is the simple mark of their Master's rank: II

Appearance: [IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs43/i/2009/096/9/a/BxW_mikushoota_by_purdoy25.jpg[/IMG]

Colour: [URL='http://st.deviantart.com/minish/main/blank.png']Link[/URL]

Dawn and Fable, identical twins at birth, have dressed alike and looked alike since they could remember. Their hair is straight and long, racing down their back in pig tales to reach their feet with bangs covering their foreheads. 5'2, somewhat fragile figures garbed in similar attire, though Fable is often seen in less clothing than her sister in attempts to show off her victory scares.

The main difference in the twins complexion is the colour of the girls eyes and hair. Dawn's hair is a light, almost bleach blond colour and her eyes are a light, confident blue as to Fable's pitch black hair and deep brown eyes, often mistaken for black.

Personality: Dawn is shy, quiet and somewhat lacks self confidence compared to her sisters strong spirited, stubborn, hostile personality. The two are commonly known as two part of a whole. Dawn being the weaker half, and vice versa.

Dawn and Fable have an undying loyalty to Neonica, knowing her from such a young age, and trusts her every word. Neonica, in their eyes, closely resembles a mother figure. Dawn somewhat seeks refuge when upset or angry with Neonica, similar to how Fable will appear to 'suck-up' to remain in her leaders constant respect.

Bio: Dawn and Fable joined Neonica's ranks at a young age after being found in the dirty ally way of their home world playing one of their games. Proving to be useful with their strong ties with the element of puzzles, and without the memory of parents and a home, neither of the two had any chance to argue, to eager to find a home.

Now at the age of 13, the two have gained the rank of Apprentice II, have many deaths on their hands and are still looking forward to making Neonica's goals a reality, no matter what they are.

Other:
Dawn speech colour: Green
Fable speech colour: Grey

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Goodness, I can't be the first to say how hard it is to read that purple font in the blaq skin.

On topic, I'd like to join this, if that's alright. I need an RP, and I'd like one of those apprentice spots. :3
Don't care about which number, but number four is open, so I'll nab that one. About to make a temp right now, by the way.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Goodness, I can't be the first to say how hard it is to read that purple font in the blaq skin.

On topic, I'd like to join this, if that's alright. I need an RP, and I'd like one of those apprentice spots. :3
Don't care about which number, but number four is open, so I'll nab that one. About to make a temp right now, by the way.

Haha, sorry about the font then. But I'll reserve the IV spot for you right now.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
I know that in the rules you stated that 'once the spots are filled, that's it,' but are other types of characters allowed beyond the Apprentices and Keyblade Wielders?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Choose your path wisely..."

Not quite sure about this, but lemme know if Izak's power is too powerful DD: I tried to weaken it by only making it work in certain situations, but it still might be too powerful.

Name: Rena
Alignment: Good (though, some of her actions make her lean towards neutral)

Weapon: "Axcess Course" - The Axcess Course is a light-weight sword, one that is meant to be held backwards and is meant from speedy attacks. The weapon is a Keyblade, specifically the Twilight Keyblade, though it doesn't really look specifically like a Keyblade at all! The sapphire blue outer handle is only attached to one side of the grey, mesh handle, so it's a half-square hanging on one side of the handle. A chain hangs from the handle, square shaped links prone to clinking together, and a black crown charm hangs from the end of the keychain. The actual blade of the weapon is a katana blade that has been tinted black. Because of its lack of a second blade, like most Keyblades have, it seems like a normal sword at times... but the keychain gives away the fact that it is a Keyblade.

(Axcess Course looks similar, though not 100% exactly, to the sword here: http://chibirenachan.deviantart.com/art/Day-003-Black-Rock-Rena-145754339)

Appearance: Rena's appearance

Rena is a short, thin girl who looks more like a kid because of her height. She stands at about 4'9 and weighs 75 lbs, her small frame only making the nickname 'kid' become more and more true for her appearance. Her skin tone is pale with a peach tint to it and her facial shape is rounded. One round, bright, deep blue eye stares up at you while its pair hides beneath her messy, thick chestnut brown bangs. Her hairstyle is messy with most of her hair in front of her face, rather than falling down her shoulders. There's two thick bangs covering her left eye while two long chunks of brown wire frame her face. Random, messy spikes stick out on top of her head.

The tomboy wears boy-ish clothes in tune with her dislike of "icky girly stuff." She wears a dark blue, zippable vest with a huge, blue hood that drapes over the two round, silver pieces of armor on her shoulders. The vest has long t-shirt sleeves with twin bands of a lighter blue fabric. Beneath her vest is her baggy, white sleeveless shirt with a block of blue across the top and collar. On her hands are a pair of thick, black fingerless gloves (that almost look puffy in a cartoon-ish manner).

She wears a pair of incredibly baggy blue jeans with white trim on her pockets, while a pair of round, oversized black shoes hug her feet and ankles.

Personality: An introvert. Rena is incredibly shy and timid to the point of only speaking a few stuttered words, especially when she hasn't talked to people often. She's afraid to talk to others because she's scared they'll yell at her, being seen flinching at moments when she tries to speak up around new people. She is a curious, childish, naive tomboy and it shows when she asks questions, recklessly goes running off on her own to find out answers (or, in some cases, for no visible reason), and her light-hearted attitude. She's incredibly optimistic, but considers everybody to be on the "good" side while no one is really bad. While things can scare her, Rena normally jumps right into things without looking before she leaps, but can be intimidated by those stronger than her. She's also stubborn, overprotective of those close to her, easily distracted, unconfident, oblivious, and can be easily persuaded. She doesn't have a strong sense of justice and can't tell right from wrong at times; with that tied to being easily persuaded, she can join the bad guys, but still think she's helping others when she's not. Rena absolutely hates being called short or a kid, wanting others to not look down on her because of her height, her age, or her lack of good fighting abilities.

The friends she has are incredibly dear to her and she'll do anything to protect them, even if sometimes it doesn't seem like she's trying to do just that. Along with that, Rena can seem a bit bratty or even self-absorbed at times, though she tells herself to only think about other people and never herself. Rena also doesn't seem to care about family connections, whether its other people's families or her own; though, she can seem a bit irked at times when people talk about stuff like that. Lastly, she has no interest in becoming stronger... unless it means protecting her friends!

Bio: Rena grew up in a world called Cucio Bay, a world with sparkling waters and brilliant shorelines... that became nothing more than a place for tourists; it was nothing, in comparison, to a place called Destiny Islands! The world was only really made up of the beach and the bayside, as well as a dock. Rena, however, wasn't allowed to go to the beach... at least without anyone. With her parents being horribly overprotective, she was only allowed to go wander off with her brother. Sometimes, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing... but it was a stupid rule! Because of it, she tried to run off many times, though there might've been more to it than just them letting her go off by herself.

She started to have strange dreams, though they were never anything more than floating through water; though, she would sometimes see people she had seen around Cucio Bay, and even some people who were unrecognizable. Coincidentally, Heartless came to the world just after the dreams started, and Cucio Bay was overtaken by the creatures. She managed to escape... but without her family. She appeared in another world, with a weird sword with a keychain at hand. She had no clue what it was, nor where it came from, but she headed around this strange new town.

Theme Song: "Toeto" by Toraburuta feat. Megurine Luka
Other:
• Speech colour: Blue

Name: Izak Noir (real name: Taylor Chevalier)
Alignment: Evil

Weapon: Fear of Illusion - Izak has the power to create illusions, but he has one speciality with this: he can bring a person's greatest fears to life right before their eyes. Since he's had this power since he was a kid, he's honed in on his powers so much that he can turn other people into his puppets, though this can only be done if he has a blindfold, a needle, and some thread or yarn handy; otherwise, people can escape from his control.

Also, he carries a knife... and a can of spray paint. No, the spray paint isn't a weapon, even though it could act like one.

Appearance: Izak's appearance (second from the bottom, on the right! sorries that it's with a dump XD;)

Izak is the kind of person who looks like they stepped out of a carnival... except with a twisted edge. He is incredibly gaunt (almost as if he starved himself on purpose) and has a pale skin tone with a bare touch of peach tint to it. A pair of bright, violet eyes stare from beneath his messy, spiky blonde hair, though his left eye is hiding behind two, stiff, hair-gel-soaked bangs. When he's not wearing his hat, you can tell that the roots of his hair are tinted purple, as well as the tips of his hair; this is an effect from using his power so much. On his hands, around his neck, and just under his chin are black pigments in his skin; this is caused by using his power far too much. He also has bangs under his eyes that seem dark enough to be almost black.

For clothes, he looks like he's trying to wear urban clothes... except they were ripped to shreds before he put them on. Atop his head is a grey-purple hat that looks like a cross between a baseball hat and a newsboy cap; two buttons/pins with strange, stylized designs are attached to his hat. He's horribly overprotective of his hat. Don't take it if you don't like a certain crimson liquid... or would like to keep on talking. Around his neck is a necklace hung by a string, with a silver, X-shaped pendant attached to it. He wears a black jacket similar to a peacoat or a raincoat, though the golden buttons line each side and attach in the middle, with a jagged collar that almost reaches his chin. Under his coat, he doesn't seem to be wearing a shirt. On his hands are a pair of grey, tattered gloves where parts of the fingers have been ripped off.

Izak wears a pair of baggy grey pants with the edges having been stuffed into his combat boots. On his left hip is a silver chain and, around his waist, is a black belt. Lastly, on his left ear are two black earrings, one in his earlobe and another hooked around the top of his ear.

Personality: An extravert. Izak is... a little odd. It may be because of his powers, but he's a little strange at times. He is prone to randomly running up to people and shouting random things at them, all while smiling. He will also not hesitant to call you weird, bizarre, or a freak. He doesn't seem like a villain at times... but he most certainly is! When he has a scheme in progress, however, he'll tend to hide and sneak around. However, he carries around a can of spray paint, so he can write whatever he wants, whenever he wants! The teen tries to write things to tell everybody... though, being a bad guy AND generally creepy, sometimes what he writes are creepy and odd. (There may also be grocery lists involved in what he wants to say while he's hiding)

Because of all of this, he can come off as naive or even childish. But, when he starts spouting off random bits of trivia, this guy won't seem so naive!

When he gets mad, it's sometimes hard to see it... but if things are NOT going according to plan, he does a 360 turn-around and will turn nasty and malicious; though, 'turning nasty and malicious' is very much an understatement. Izak will scratch and claw to get what he wants then, and will make sure to keep a tight hold whatever that may be. Someone's got a bloody temper, and he will make sure that everything goes according to plan.

Izak works with others... as long as he's the one pulling the strings; though, this may be literal at times. Working for someone else? Nooooo. Not happening. On top of that, Izak is a sadist who is afraid of pain; the teen likes to inflict pain... but he just doesn't like to see it. For that reason, he can seem a bit like a coward, though he's not one to run away from things. He also is fascinated with carnivals, fairs, and circuses; after all, why else would he call himself 'RenigmaSTER'? Otherwise, he cares a lot about those close to him (though, some of his horrible actions ARE because of him), he's incredibly rebellious, the one thing he hates the most is authority, he's prone using others to get rid of those who work for him (because getting your hands dirty is not fun), and crossword puzzles are his favourite. Izak also has a horrible soft spot for cats.

Bio: Izak grew up in a rural world, though it had to have been close to a city somehow. His past was completely normal and ordinary, so much that it was incredibly boring. He lived with his parents and his sister, Steph. The only bad part one was one thing: around when he was about seven, his dad walked out on them. It was the sort of thing that you wouldn't worry about too much. After all, his dad didn't care about his son, so much that Izak gained many black eyes and fist-sized bruises.

Still, everything was ordinary, aside from the little bits of bullying. However, in Izak's homeworld, everyone got something special when they turned 15: they gained a power! For Izak, he could create illusions, but the first time he used his power set in what he would use his power for: he scared the bullies away by showing them their greatest fears. That was also when things went downhill... His powers had made him strange, turning him incredibly gaunt and cementing his age to 21 while he still looked like a 17-year-old; though, what happened to everyone in that world also had to do with this. His family, on the other hand, had 'disappeared,' causing Izak to go off looking for them. Or, perhaps it has something to do with a trick he has... involving puppetry, blindfolds, and 'sewing a fabricless canvas.'

Theme Song: "United States of Eurasia" by Muse
Other:
• Speech colour: Purple
• The only way Izak can turn a person into his puppet is by forcing them to wear a blindfold, then sewing their mouth. He could control a person without doing this, but it's VERY easy for a person to break out of his control that way.
• Though he can create illusions, he can't create just general illusions; he can only make other people's fears appear out of nowhere.
• Izak calls himself "RenigmaSTER" in some of the things he writes with his spray can. He also sees himself as a sort of ringleader at times.
• Why yes, Izak is a cross between Aoi and the Mad Hatter! :D

Last edited:

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
"Choose your path wisely."

Name: Brigid. (Real name: Doctor Pilar Nein.)

Age: Unknown. Her physical appearance is that of a woman in her late twenties, but her true age (much like other aspects of her identity) is not a piece of information she relinquishes to many.

Class / Job: Engineer / Wanderer.

Alignment: Neutral. She pursues her own goals exclusively, though she has been known to aid those who aid her, or those who pique her interest.

Weapon:
  • Craft Grid - A device built by Brigid that allows her to materialize any weapon that she has collected data on. The actual machine is a gauntlet, made of a titanium aloe, attached to her right arm - she interfaces with the system through a holographic projection displayed by the back of the hand guard. In the absence of any materialized weapon, the gauntlet of itself can act as a rudimentary weapon, as Brigid is perfectly capable of defending herself via hand-to-hand combat.
  • Attack Program Cell - Yet another invention of Brigid's, this one a hands-free security system that is projected onto her person by the cobalt pendant she wears. It ensures that she is never overwhelmed in battle, identifying threats that it calculates Brigid is incapable of defeating in her current position, and materializing 'antibodies' (much like the Radiant Garden security system) to contend with them.

Appearance: TBE.

Personality: TBE.

Bio: TBE.

Other: TBE.

Aphex

.Inspire.
@Rena: You're definitely in once you finish your template, lol. But I don't think that'll take too long.

@Archtype/<3: Same goes for you, and you reminded me of something! I ended up adding the Nobodies in the opening post so your character can be a Nobody.

I'll post my templates up soon, I'm just waiting on someone to post up their Neonica template. If anything, I may need a back-up so is there anyone interested in being that back-up?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Can I reserve a spot for Apprentice V? I'll have the template up later. Yay, I got the last one. =D

EDIT:

"Choose your path wisely..."

Name:

Thrain

Male

V

Element:

Manipulates light.

Alignment:

Bad. Sometimes though, he questions his actions.

Weapon:

Lances that can heighten his abilities. Intricately laid with gold and silver in a seemingly endless pattern, he always keeps them at his side, fearing the worst. The ends are sharp; can cut through most metal.

Appearance:

Dark, flowing hair that is cut perfectly. Sideburns trimmed evenly. His hair is parted at one side, causing one little hair to always stick up, annoying him to no end. Usually wears black clothes, contrasting to the power that he wields inside him. His features are like no other, elfin in a sense. Eyebrows trimmed, with a little ripple down the middle, like a wave. He has an olive complexion. Arms are thin, same with legs. Very tall. His legs are very long. Usually wears sneakers on his feet.

Personality:

Very calm. Thrain always seems to be contemplating anything and everything. Indecisive at times because of this. Intelligent, and can be prideful. Always cautious; never impulsive or reckless. Despite all of this, he makes friends easily with everyone.

Bio:

Thrain grew up in a place once known as 'The Hallows', a dark world that is seemingly empty now. His family, along with others, formed a tribe. His childhood was harsh, forced to provide for the numerous people in his tribe. The rocky terrain, and fierce creatures made this nigh impossible. Through all of this, he was taught self-preservation.

While all of this was happening, most other kids in the tribe shunned Thrain for his unusual abilities. Once, he even caused a person to lose their eyesight by just reaching out his hand. Not much is known about his power, only that it is very hard to control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back