• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Actual Hardest DISNEY Bosses?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Sora's fought a bunch of DISNEY bosses over the years. We're never given any indication of which ones actually gave him issues and which ones he breezed through, we just know how the fight went because we were controlling Sora. In the story world, who do you think the hardest DISNEY bosses were for Sora to fight (excluding Maleficent as we're told how powerful she is)? We're judging by the character themselves, rather than their fight in the game.

If I had to pick, I'd say Jafar, Hades, and Ursula. Jafar was basically an invincible, and all-powerful genie. Hades is the god of the underworld. Ursula was a seawitch powered up by the most powerful weapon in Atlantica.

disney233

Awards
So we're judging by the character themselves rather than the gameplay? ALRIGHT THEN. HOW ABOUT I SCOLD YOU AT HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM AT YOU FOR NOT INCLUDING THIS DUDE AMONG THE BIG THREE!
Profile_-_Chernabog.jpg

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd probably rank them as:

1 - The Titans
2 - Genie Jafar
3 - The Hydra
4 - Cerberus
5 - Dragon Maleficent
6 - Ursula w/ Trident
7 - Chernabog

Hades would probably be the next step down from them. I imagine the Cave of Wonders, Sabor, and Glut (the shark) would be pretty brutal just based on what little we see of them in the films, although they aren't necessarily as powerful as the above. I'd have included Monstro if Sora had ever fought him.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If we are going by characters/lore and not their actual boss fights...hmm I think I'll try something.

God-Tier: Genie Jafar, Trident Ursula, Chernabog, The Titans, Dragon Maleficent, Underworld Hades

Highly Powerful-Tier: Maleficent, Hades, Jafar, Usrula, Cave of Wonders, The Hydra

Powerful-Tier: MCP/Sark, Cerberus, Julius, Captain Barbossa, Davy Jones, Rinzler

Strong-Tier: Pete, Scar, Captain Hook, Sabor, Shan-Yu

Weak-Tier: Oogie Boogie, Clayton, Lock, Shock, Barrel.

Edit: Upon looking at it due to the feedback and overlooking one detail I'm moving Hades to God Tier. In the Underworld he is invincible which I forgot and without Hercules, Sora can't beat him. I'm also moving the Hydra up a tier. Without the feedback I probably wouldn't remember Underworld Hades OP power.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
If we are going by characters/lore and not their actual boss fights...hmm I think I'll try something.

God-Tier: Genie Jafar, Trident Ursula, Chernabog, The Titans, Dragon Maleficent

Highly Powerful-Tier: Maleficent, Hades, Jafar, Usrula, Cave of Wonders

Powerful-Tier: MCP/Sark, Cerberus, Hyrda, Julius, Captain Barbossa, Davy Jones, Rinzler

I'm surprised Davy Jones is pretty low on the teir list. Isn't he basically god of the sea in that world? And then there's the elephant of the room...Hades - a god, is not on god tier.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I headcanon that Chernabog was not defeated, he just got bored & left. A future game he will show his full power when it's time.

God-Tier: Genie Jafar, Trident Ursula, Chernabog, The Titans, Dragon Maleficent

Highly Powerful-Tier: Maleficent, Hades, Jafar, Usrula, Cave of Wonders

Powerful-Tier: MCP/Sark, Cerberus, Hyrda, Julius, Captain Barbossa, Davy Jones, Rinzler

Wait, Hades isn't God tier?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm surprised Davy Jones is pretty low on the teir list. Isn't he basically god of the sea in that world?
He's really not though compared to others.
Wait, Hades isn't God tier?
I was debating whether to put him in God Tier honestly. The reason I didn't is because he can't seem to take over without help. Be it the Titans or a Final Fantasy character. Hades was tough to place. I'm kinda second guessing putting the Hydra so low as well.
You can see why Hades is so bitter, can't you?
Very much so. I almost put him in God Tier simply because he's a actual God.

D

Deleted member 252753

Very much so. I almost put him in God Tier simply because he's a actual God.
Maybe you should have called it the Olympian Tier to rub it in. I agree that Hades doesn't seem like a hugely powerful fighter himself; his power comes from manipulating stronger beings. On the other hand, Sora's fight against him in the Underworld during KH2 was shown to be very difficult, due to the curse of the Underworld, and they needed Hercules's help to actually damage him (right?), so maybe he deserves a top spot for that.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Maybe you should have called it the Olympian Tier to rub it in. I agree that Hades doesn't seem like a hugely powerful fighter himself; his power comes from manipulating stronger beings. On the other hand, Sora's fight against him in the Underworld during KH2 was shown to be very difficult, due to the curse of the Underworld, and they needed Hercules's help to actually damage him (right?), so maybe he deserves a top spot for that.
Already done on my list now XD meaning I made the change

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Probably Hades. Hades would have definitely defeated Sora in KH2 without Hercules God powers(heck he even casually flicked Sora down in a cutscene)

Of the top of my head I can't think of any other Disney antagonist that gave Sora as much trouble

disney233

Awards
Probably Hades. Hades would have definitely defeated Sora in KH2 without Hercules God powers(heck he even casually flicked Sora down in a cutscene)

Of the top of my head I can't think of any other Disney antagonist that gave Sora as much trouble
I just remembered something from Nitpicks....

Ya'll....
KHIII_Pete.png
Just remember...this is the same guy that almost whooped a Demigod's ass, and conjured up a door to the past, AND ACKNOWLEDGED BY BARBOSSA, AND SOMEHOW GOT INTO THE CASTLE IN RE:CODED DESPITE THE CORNERSTONE BEING A DARKNESS REPELLANT. So um...yeah. There's your answer.

HOL UP, I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING ELSE!
Snowwhite-disneyscreencaps.com-100.jpg

Now, I know the Magic Mirror doesn't count, because Sora didn't even encounter, letalone fight him, but like, he's another (technically) Disney, Villain, that's...actually just as powerful as Maleficent and the big bads, and I feel he's just too underrated throughout the series and he needs some love. HE'S A MIRROR THAT KNOWS EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I just remembered something from Nitpicks....

Ya'll....
View attachment 12909
Just remember...this is the same guy that almost whooped a Demigod's ass, and conjured up a door to the past, AND ACKNOWLEDGED BY BARBOSSA, AND SOMEHOW GOT INTO THE CASTLE IN RE:CODED DESPITE THE CORNERSTONE BEING A DARKNESS REPELLANT. So um...yeah. There's your answer.

HOL UP, I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING ELSE!
View attachment 12910

Now, I know the Magic Mirror doesn't count, because Sora didn't even encounter, letalone fight him, but like, he's another (technically) Disney, Villain, that's...actually just as powerful as Maleficent and the big bads, and I feel he's just too underrated throughout the series and he needs some love. HE'S A MIRROR THAT KNOWS EVERYTHING.
Pete being able to enter the castle can be chalked up to the fact that he's evil, but is more of a menace than anything else. Sora even states that Pete's "Too dumb to tie his own shoes". As opposed to other characters like Ansem or Maleficent who ooze darkness from their beings, Pete's just evil for evil's sake.

And as for the mirror... It's kind of hard to really say how powerful he is. Yes, omnipotence is typically associated with gods and higher deity's, but the mirror still has the handicap of requiring one to rhyme their question and he'll give them a riddle in response. His boss fight in BBS is due to the evil queen splashing a potion on him,bestowing him the powers to fight Terra and Aqua. Before the fight he even states he has no fighting abilities.

disney233

Awards
Pete being able to enter the castle can be chalked up to the fact that he's evil, but is more of a menace than anything else. Sora even states that Pete's "Too dumb to tie his own shoes". As opposed to other characters like Ansem or Maleficent who ooze darkness from their beings, Pete's just evil for evil's sake.
I feel he has SOME substantial darkness within him to even have the power to control the Heartless, letalone command them and summon strong ones like the Volcanic and Blizzard Lords. I'm sure Maleficent gave him that power, but still.

Eonstar890

Awards
Based off the way they play out in story, I don’t think characters like Hades or Jafar were really all that hard to beat. Jafar was just getting the lamp like in the film and Hades wouldn’t have been hard because they had Herc to help. Yeah they were both very strong, but they had easily exploited weaknesses so I don’t think Sora and co would’ve struggled all that much. Ultimately we don’t know the full extent of Ursulas power, but it seems like as long as you avoid her trident beams she’s just a big octopus. And the power of the keyblade trumps a lot of the other, less god like enemies.
Since we are saying story wise I definitely thinking the hardest Disney enemy would have to be the titans. Being flung around by a tornado, dodging gigantic boulders, and trying to not be melted or frozen all the time seems much harder to me than anything the previous enemies could dish out.

edit: story wise we have no context for what Chernabog is or isn’t capable of but we do know he literally Can’t exist when the sun rises so I think a boy who’s main power is light shouldn’t have all that much trouble.

disney233

Awards
edit: story wise we have no context for what Chernabog is or isn’t capable of but we do know he literally Can’t exist when the sun rises so I think a boy who’s main power is light shouldn’t have all that much trouble.
I wouldn't say can't exist...I would say, sleep as seen in the film. In any case, I see your point, but KH1 he kinda has quite the advantage, given he's literally in a place of no sun rise.

Back